skymama

Guys: When you've gotten a haircut...

Have you ever fallen asleep in the chair?

While I was giving Normiss a haircut yesterday, he fell asleep and his head nodded off right while I was cutting. He's lucky I wasn't near his ear with the scissors! :ph34r: Is this a normal occurance? Is there something about a woman running her fingers through your hair that soothes you?

I've never fallen asleep in the chair, nor have I seen any women do that; we're all too busy chatting with our hairdressers!

BTW, I don't have any hair cutting training, but I'll cut anyone's hair for free if you want me to. I don't care if you walk around with a bad haircut; you get what you pay for. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

If I get a proper haircut I'm in the chair less than a minute. That's if I even sit. Usually I just take the clippers to myself while standing. So no, I never have time enough to nod off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

I've cut my own hair for the past 8 years or so. Saves a lot of money. But back when I used to go to the hairdresser, not so much the cutting part, but the shampoo and wash part just prior to the cutting... Nearly fell asleep every time, even when they're tugging and ripping like savages.

I know few men are care about their hair-cuts so to most it's just a process of like 30 minutes sitting doing nothing with no happy ending (no pun intended).

But for most of the females I know it seems to be something they look forward to, so instead of sitting there thinking "yawn... how much longer" they're all "Leik omg!!11 I caNt waIt 4 ThE ReSultZZ!!11" :p

It is quite a sleep inducing process though :ph34r:

I shave my head in the shower, and haven't had a haircut in prolly 10 years. This being said.... I do thourghly enjoy a nice scalp massage and rub. :)
And incidently, I'd take you up on the haircut offer but you'd have to travel a little south to get the job done and we'd have to keep it a secret from my wife. ...And Normiss. :P

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

It's a long time since I had enough hair to make it worthwhile paying someone to cut it. I go over it myself these days with a trimmer.

But I do remember sitting in the barber's chair as kind of relaxing. And there's something a little sexy about having your hair cut by a woman - or maybe that's just me. :$

OK...you're not going to believe this but I voted yes.

There really IS something about a woman running her fingers through my hair that soothes me. If I have to suffer a haircut to get it, well, so be it.
:)

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It's a long time since I had enough hair to make it worthwhile paying someone to cut it. I go over it myself these days with a trimmer.

But I do remember sitting in the barber's chair as kind of relaxing. And there's something a little sexy about having your hair cut by a woman - or maybe that's just me. :$

Nope it's it just you:$

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Oh yeah! A good haircut will put me out every time.

Spent the money a while back to go to a high end old-school barber shop in Houston back in March. The haircut started with hot towels and a good straight razor shave and ended with a neck/shoulder/scalp massage. Took over an hour. I had to fight to stay awake during that haircut. It was so relaxing.:)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

There really IS something about a woman running her fingers through my hair that soothes me. If I have to suffer a haircut to get it, well, so be it.

Just go and ask for a wash, tease and blow. ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

My salon almost tries to put you asleep during the shampooing part. They play soothing music, the lights are dimmed, and you arent supposed to talk in the room. So yes I have to try to not fall asleep during that part. And because of that I've almost nodded off during my haircuts. But I try not to because I know scissors and sharp objects are near my head.

Just go and ask for a blow. ;)

If that's included I might start going back to the hairdresser.....:P:$:)
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

On the money. Her running her fingers through my hair can put me into a trance like state but never to sleep.

Hey Skymama, you didn’t start the haircut with a happy ending did you? If you did it’s no wonder he fell asleep.

But if she is doing it right, her boobs are in your face enough to compensate.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

But if she is doing it right, her boobs are in your face enough to compensate.

Reminds me of the Beavis and Butthead episode on the situation...

"I have seen the top of the mountain Beavis... and it is gooood."

WOW you bored him to sleep.

That's a talent

We weren't really talking, he was watching the local news while I was cutting.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Andrea, I think we did it wrong.

Darn it...I'll have to shave your head now so I can get that right. ;)

I'm afraid to ask this, but here it goes...what is the appropriate outfit?

See my sigline.

(not the one about getting old :P)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo