guppie01

Things to do and see in Milwaukee???

We will be headed to Milwaukee for a family reunion. I've never been there so I'd like to take a day to try and enjoy the city.

Anyone have any recommendations of "must see/must do." While we are there???

xoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I had a conference there a few months back. It was winter, so cold, but I could still see the city seemed interesting.

Things I did when not being bored to death, or standing in front of an audience of other vendors (can you tell it wasnt a good conference? lol)

- Went to the Safe House (a "spy" restaurant. Food was VERY average and more expensive than it should be, but it was a really kitchy fun place)

- Walked alot to and from the otel to the convention center, and noticed a bunch of restaurant along that river that parallels the bay, and thought to myself, this must be pretty nice when the weather's nice

- I also checked out a few pubs and enjoyed most of them.
Remster

The Harley-Davidson factory tour and museum.

This is on the list of possiblities. B| I'm just afraid I'll never get my husband out of there... LOL

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Walked alot to and from the otel to the convention center, and noticed a bunch of restaurant along that river that parallels the bay, and thought to myself, this must be pretty nice when the weather's nice

- I also checked out a few pubs and enjoyed most of them.

Yeah, I've been looking at the waterfront area, and it looks we could easily spend an entire day there.

We are thinking of maybe taking a dinner boat cruise to see the lights from the river.

Hmmm, I'll have to check out Safe House.

thanks!
g
OMG, is she okay?

The Harley-Davidson factory tour and museum.

This is on the list of possiblities. B| I'm just afraid I'll never get my husband out of there... LOL

g

If you do the tour, be aware that they do not allow cameras and/or cell phones (or any type of recording device) inside the plant. Be sure to wear steel toe boots or you will not be allowed inside. They do provide safety glasses if you do not have a pair. The tour cost about $20.00.
Cameras/video and cell phones are allowed inside the museum. The museum cost is around $16.00.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

The museum at the lake front around 4PM they close the wings for the night. Check to see which festival is at the Summerfest grounds. They have one almost every weekend.
The third ward is a couple block from the Harley museum.
Mader's if you want good german food.
Sprecker's brewery for good root beer and beer.
East Troy DZ.
If you want a little real Milw: http://onmilwaukee.com/bars/business/arts.html

And: http://onmilwaukee.com/ent/articles/100morethings.html

Go visit my ma.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

The Museum has a quite extensive antique firearm section as well.

Downtown has a big ass projection screen that I can't think of the name for the moment.

And there is always ice skating at the Petite Center.

And quenching your thirst later at Liquid Johnny's.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

My whole family is from Milwaukee. I find the only interesting things are drinking and eating. Great food up there. Get Kop's custard at least once (check their website for their calendar of flavors to decide which day(s) you want to go). and George Webb's is also delicious for fatty breakfast foods. also if you like fish they have some great fish fries up there on Friday nights.

The Milwaukee Art Museum is an interesting building on the lakefront. You can go inside and look at it without paying to see the exhibits.

Miller Park for a baseball game. Sometimes the building is more intersting than the game.

30 mins south of Milwaukee is Skydive Midwest - an excellent drop zone.

And Edelwisse boat cruise is nice for the drinks and an alternative view of the city.

Blu on the top floor of the Pfizter Hotel has a wonderful view of the city and nice drinks.

County Clare or Brocka Irish pubs for good food and drink.

Let me know if you need help socializing!!

always wanted to go as i have relatives there met them once when my Aunt brought here husband across a number of years ago Marvin think his name was nice Guy American Indian, nice chap. Apparently i have a number of cousins there i have never met ! hope you enjoy:)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

The Milwaukee Art Museum is an interesting building on the lakefront. You can go inside and look at it without paying to see the exhibits.

Miller Park for a baseball game. Sometimes the building is more intersting than the game.

30 mins south of Milwaukee is Skydive Midwest - an excellent drop zone.

And Edelwisse boat cruise is nice for the drinks and an alternative view of the city.

Blu on the top floor of the Pfizter Hotel has a wonderful view of the city and nice drinks.

County Clare or Brocka Irish pubs for good food and drink.

Let me know if you need help socializing!!

Fish boil at the place Gene and I went to was outstanding, you can add chicken or ribs as well.

All you can eat boiled cod, that stuff was awesome.

WOW, thanks everyone for the great suggestions! B| Now if only the weather would cooperate. ;)

ciao for now,
g

OMG, is she okay?

If you're downtown you can come get a picture with the Bronze Fonz....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Fonz

I live here, it's hard to say what is a must do since the stuff here is kinda mellow. It's more of a laid back kinda town. Food / Drink / Music are all important around here more than destination attractions. Most of the big ones have been mentioned, Harley, Miller Brewing, Sprecher, Milwaukee Art Museum, whatever is going on at the Festival Grounds.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If you're downtown you can come get a picture with the Bronze Fonz....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_Fonz

I live here, it's hard to say what is a must do since the stuff here is kinda mellow. It's more of a laid back kinda town. Food / Drink / Music are all important around here more than destination attractions. Most of the big ones have been mentioned, Harley, Miller Brewing, Sprecher, Milwaukee Art Museum, whatever is going on at the Festival Grounds.

Hey don't forget these... my grandfather was an architect.. and we had to go see ALL of them on Sunday drives when I was little.
Frank Lloyd Wright