highfly

Small plane crashes into Ferris wheel. NSW

Real quotes that you don't hear every day:

''I just went to take off, do a go-around and I didn't even see the ferris wheel there,''

''When I turned around there was just this big plane right behind me,''

''He hit a tree, wobbled, pulled out to sea and that's when he crashed into the ferris wheel,''
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Note: "NSW" is common short-hand here to indicate that a message contains material which is "Not Suitable for Work", i.e. something that you don't want your boss seeing you looking at on a work computer.

So, is it just me, or did anyone else read this thread title and think; "What could possibly be NSW about a plane crashing into a ferris wheel? Was the ferris wheel at a nudist park?"

Only when you get to the news story do you realize that "NSW" in this case stands for "New South Wales", the location of the accident.

Drat!

Note: "NSW" is common short-hand here to indicate that a message contains material which is "Not Suitable for Work", i.e. something that you don't want your boss seeing you looking at on a work computer.

So, is it just me, or did anyone else read this thread title and think; "What could possibly be NSW about a plane crashing into a ferris wheel? Was the ferris wheel at a nudist park?"

Only when you get to the news story do you realize that "NSW" in this case stands for "New South Wales", the location of the accident.

Drat!

I thought NSFW was spelled N-S-F-W.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Well - Ferris wheel weighing tens of thousands of pounds and designed to carry (probably) 1000 pounds per basket vs an airplane that weighs less than 260 pounds? I'm surprised that the Ferris wheel was as damaged as it was!

I would be worried about the momentum and it's vector, putting some unusual side loads on the structure. It's reassuring to see that the typical carnie Ferris wheel is more resilient and robust than I imagined. :D

V1........V2 ....... Rotate...... whoops not like that

Did they charge him for the ferris wheel ride?

If not, WTH...he got two rides for the price of one!
And it was nice of the operator to stop the ride while he was near the top...great view up there.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239