undercanopy

From the Department of Bad Ideas Department

I know many have had a beer or two under canopy, although I'd NEVER do such a thing due to the obvious FAA and common sense violations :P.

BUT, something I just realized I've never done and somehow feel my life is cheaper for it: who has drank a beer in freefall? How does the freefall affect the flow of the beer from the bottle or can?

Elvisio "something for the list for this weekend" Rodriguez

Hi under,

Back in the 60's Ted Mayfield worked for the local 7-Up distributor; I do believe that he was the very first commercially sponsored jumper as they bought him a lot of rigs & a lot of canopies with the 7-Up logo painted into them.

So one 'great idea day' it was decided to drink a can of 7-Up in freefall and have Evan Hale ( D-365 ) film it.

The mistake was in opening the can in the airplane, that very quickly emptied the can right in the airplane. It took quite some time to get that airplane clean again.

:o

JerryBaumchen

I know many have had a beer or two under canopy, although I'd NEVER do such a thing due to the obvious FAA and common sense violations :P.

BUT, something I just realized I've never done and somehow feel my life is cheaper for it: who has drank a beer in freefall? How does the freefall affect the flow of the beer from the bottle or can?

Elvisio "something for the list for this weekend" Rodriguez

Haven't drank one myself in freefall but i have been a couch stabiliser as a mate sat in it in freefall and had a beer in the couch. The burble made drinking the beer easy. But when he tried to pour beer in the mouths of other stabilsers, it got a whole lot messier:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Depending on the type of "pint" and the alcohol contend of the sherry, 4pints of sherry is equivalent of 17 - 24 (33 centilitre) cans of beer. And she has to down it in, what? 1,5 minutes? Sure hope the lady has, among otherthings, also at least two decades experience in the field of alcoholism.....

Haven't drank one myself in freefall but i have been a couch stabiliser as a mate sat in it in freefall and had a beer in the couch. The burble made drinking the beer easy. But when he tried to pour beer in the mouths of other stabilsers, it got a whole lot messier:D:D:D:D

Pardon me, as I'm new, but... You, and others, were in freefall whilst sitting in a couch?

Did the couch have a parachute? That's no way for a couch to die.

I have had quite a few beers under canopy over the years. In fact the last load of the day often used to be a 'Beer Load'. This entailed a hop and pop at altitude, sometimes using student equipment, followed by a leisurely beer or two on the way down. This was possible due to a loophole in the SA rules on drinking and skydiving. This loophole has unfortunately been closed.
I have also witnessed the consumption of 1.5 pints of sherry on the way down. The landing was spectacular :ph34r:
Heaven alone knows what 4 pints would do

Pardon me, as I'm new, but... You, and others, were in freefall whilst sitting in a couch?

Did the couch have a parachute? That's no way for a couch to die.

We stabbed the Couch to death before emplaning, you DO NOT want a wild couch running loose on a plane.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Done a few cross country hop n' pops with a couple beers before.

Did one at Fitz a few years back. Robby forgot his damn beer, so me being the awesome dood that I am, I kindly gave him one of mine so all could participate.B|

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

A couch would not be able to PLF ... it's falling Sofa King fast

:D:D:D:D:D

I just now got that.

I've been working on it since Oct 25, 2011, 12:27 AM and it just now hit me.

:D:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239