Nataly

Is there a good way to break up with someone???

Whatever Shah recommends is the best answer.

I don't freaking know I'm in the same place myself Im seeing this great girl who is now in brazil but.....she lacks a university education which is a major issue for me

Why is the University education so important? is it the money?
I know some really awesome and hot as hell women who work in the mining industry as welders, and I can promise they make way more money than you. Then again I know these women would have no interest in you, they like MEN, not engineers :P
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Maybe the chick is dumber than box of rocks and Shah was being polite in his description.

Sometimes a guy needs a girl with a lot of education just to offset the male/female intelligence ratio.
Most guys will know what I'm talking about, while the other guys just want a submissive with a nice body.

Finding an intelligent woman comes first for a lot of us. Probably why I'm still single. Intelligent women don't want me.:D

Back on topic- there is no good way to break up with someone, but you should do it honestly and respectfully. I agree that it's easier said than done sometimes.

Thats one way to go about things, but if you really want to make sure the break up is permanent you should always sleep with their sister!
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Shah was being polite in his description.

Does not compute. :D

Finding an intelligent woman comes first for a lot of us. Probably why I'm still single. Intelligent women don't want me.:D

What you need is a well-educated woman who has no common sense. ;)

Until all legal proceedings are complete, yes.
:P

But what about after? You think it could work for a while? Not permanently but for a time. Paying for two places is expensive, especially when you're still paying for the difference of a house in another state and your renter. [:/]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

I didn't mean that in a snooty way. I just know that I wouldn't last long in a relationship with someone who isn't very bright or who didn't value learning.

I'm afraid that intelligence has little to do with whether a person went to university or not... Sure, university helps you to practise and develop your critical-thinking skills... But so do a lot of things in life. As for valuing learning... Well, again, there are many different ways to learn... I know people who never went to a big institution to learn what they know and yet they still manage to be *very* intelligent and well-informed...

University is great, but if I may play the devil's advocate, it's also a big industry that makes a hell of a lot of money by spoon-feeding the young ellite a bunch of pre-digested information...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I didn't mean that in a snooty way. I just know that I wouldn't last long in a relationship with someone who isn't very bright or who didn't value learning.

I'm afraid that intelligence has little to do with whether a person went to university or not... Sure, university helps you to practise and develop your critical-thinking skills... But so do a lot of things in life. As for valuing learning... Well, again, there are many different ways to learn... I know people who never went to a big institution to learn what they know and yet they still manage to be *very* intelligent and well-informed...

University is great, but if I may play the devil's advocate, it's also a big industry that makes a hell of a lot of money by spoon-feeding the young ellite a bunch of pre-digested information...

I think you are agreeing with each other... ;)
Remster

shah, grow a pair & break up with her. You're hurting her more by not doing it & stringing her along. I know it sucks to hurt someone you think is awesome, but the sooner you do it the less it will suck for both of you. [:/] Good luck.

yeah i did it sucked...i feel horrible like Nat, I just told her we are done [:/]
Gorgeous girl, looked like Rhiana and had a great body and a great spirit but....well for the past 10 years of her life she was an Auper...glorified baby sitter. And god as amazing as she was, she even went skydiving to impress me, I could not see her and i in a long term serious relationship.

I know a university education isn't the end all and be all of everything but she at the moment was with out a job. She said she was working for her dads company but.....I could never really prove it.

I'm 34, I don't make enough money for a trophy wife or a twiky, I make enough money for me and if i'm getting serious with someone she should make 50% of what Im making.....I'm too old for projects.
[:/]

Still, hurts, of the girls I'm seeing, she was the one I trusted the most and thought the most of. And the cats loved her. Such is life right?

Good luck Nat
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

One of those state schools first and now one of those private schools.

It really has nothing to do with education and more to do with employment.
I would rather meet a girl who made 50% of what I made with no student loans that one that does.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Im seeing this great girl who is now in brazil but.....she lacks a university education which is a major issue for me and shes playing for keeps and I'm so not there and........I can't figure out how to break up with this great girl with out hurting her.

So hurt her, and let her get on with her life.

And sure, we tend to gravitate towards people with similar backgrounds - but I've never heard a lack of university education used as a specific reason for avoiding getting serious. This seems bizarre to me, but then Skymama mentioned that she used to feel the same way. The difference is that she was open to changing her mind.

One of the reasons my ex claims she broke up with me is because I changed my major from Criminal Justice to Computer Engineering and it meant that I would graduate 2 years after her instead of the year before her...

But what about after? You think it could work for a while? Not permanently but for a time. Paying for two places is expensive, especially when you're still paying for the difference of a house in another state and your renter. [:/]

There's no way to apply a generic answer to that. It depends on the people and how the relationship ended.

When my ex moved back in with me as a friend/ housemate, we'd already had some time apart and I think that made a lot of difference. I doubt it would have been a good idea just to continue sharing immediately after we separated as a couple.

The other real crunch point would come if/ when one of you meets someone else. That could feel very awkward, not just for their ex-partner but for their new flame too.

I'll volunteer to be your rebound if you'll be mine. :$

Dude, I just got OUT of a long-distance relationship!!! :D:P

It's funny... I found it quite sad to hear how devastated he was... Ok, people generally make a big show of things in his culture so ya gotta take everything with a grain of salt... But I did get the impression that he was brainwashed from birth to think one's only purpose in life is to get married and have children... Like somehow life is not worth living if you don't get hitched and pro-create... Anyway, if it's the case that he will have to get married whether he finds The One or not, I can understand his desperation to keep someone he *does* like even if it's not perfect... It certainly beats being stuck with someone you hate for the rest of your life!!!

Come to think of it, I think our culture brainwashes us with a lot of the same nonsense!! Ha ha!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Who says it's gotta be long distance? Where did you end up getting a job? I don't remember. I'll be out of a job in three months so I could just stay with you! B|

shah, grow a pair & break up with her. You're hurting her more by not doing it & stringing her along. I know it sucks to hurt someone you think is awesome, but the sooner you do it the less it will suck for both of you. [:/] Good luck.

yeah i did it sucked...i feel horrible like Nat, I just told her we are done [:/]
Gorgeous girl, looked like Rhiana and had a great body and a great spirit but....well for the past 10 years of her life she was an Auper...glorified baby sitter. And god as amazing as she was, she even went skydiving to impress me, I could not see her and i in a long term serious relationship.

I know a university education isn't the end all and be all of everything but she at the moment was with out a job. She said she was working for her dads company but.....I could never really prove it.

I'm 34, I don't make enough money for a trophy wife or a twiky, I make enough money for me and if i'm getting serious with someone she should make 50% of what Im making.....I'm too old for projects.
[:/]

Still, hurts, of the girls I'm seeing, she was the one I trusted the most and thought the most of. And the cats loved her. Such is life right?

Good luck Nat

A good looking hooker makes alot of money. Maybe you should look into marrying or dating a hooker? :)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

A good looking hooker makes alot of money. Maybe you should look into marrying or dating a hooker? :)

Or a stripper! :)And think of all her cute friends I could bring over to the DZ so our parties looked less like a Fire Island Reunion!
But that would just piss off the two girls at most DZ's :P

How about a girl, with her life together, her own car and a job that was 8-6 with weekends off :)

There's no way to apply a generic answer to that. It depends on the people and how the relationship ended.

When my ex moved back in with me as a friend/ housemate, we'd already had some time apart and I think that made a lot of difference. I doubt it would have been a good idea just to continue sharing immediately after we separated as a couple.

The other real crunch point would come if/ when one of you meets someone else. That could feel very awkward, not just for their ex-partner but for their new flame too.

All true, All true.

Well the time it takes to conduct legal proceedings may be enough to square things away. I may end up moving depending on where I find a job as well. Hmmm, what's it like to live on a small sailboat? Is it hard to learn to sail?:P

How about a girl, with her life together, her own car and a job that was 8-6 with weekends off :)

Why would a girl with HER life together want to date a "project"?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?