The_Don

Mythbusters. OOOPS!!

A definite 'aw shit' moment! :D

(I'm laughing because it's o.k., noone was hurt)

Chuck

Fer shure:D

I was going to post it... BUT... since its a "cannon" thread.. I thought someone might get all stuffy:ph34r:

Naw! Around here... someone gettin' 'stuffy'? I can't hardly believe that.

Chuck

Apparently when the reporters reached one of them for a comment, the guy said "I can't think right now" and hung up. Yeah, that'd be my response too.

Ya know, not every carefully-laid plan goes the way you thought it would.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How did they manage that? They're usually pretty anal about safety. When is the episode going to air though?

Apparently it will never air

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/12/08/BAN31M9Q81.DTL

No.. They said they wont air the footage of that shot, not the whole experiment:

They also promised they wouldn't air the footage they had filmed of the near-catastrophic cannon shot.

Remster

Apparently when the reporters reached one of them for a comment, the guy said "I can't think right now" and hung up. Yeah, that'd be my response too.

Ya know, not every carefully-laid plan goes the way you thought it would.

Wendy P.

Now. it's going to be... who gets the best lawyer and the biggest pay-off. I read that the Mythbusters folks said they would take care of any damages but some people aren't satisfied with that. It is, Cali-fornication, after all.

Chuck

I don't think, it's just Mythbusters here. What about the Sheriff's Dept. being the owners of the sight where this started from? They had 'people' there at the time and supervised the expiriment. Seems to me, folks can't put this all on the Mythbuster folks, alone. Just a thought.

Chuck

Now. it's going to be... who gets the best lawyer and the biggest pay-off. I read that the Mythbusters folks said they would take care of any damages but some people aren't satisfied with that. It is, Cali-fornication, after all.

yes, the quote from the homeowner suggests he has a much bigger figure in mind. Comments in the Chronicle article assert he was laid off from a tech company earlier in the year.

yes, the quote from the homeowner suggests he has a much bigger figure in mind. Comments in the Chronicle article assert he was laid off from a tech company earlier in the year.

There ya' go! They'll of course, settle out of court because the guy is out of work and can't afford the cost of a trial. I think, Mythbusters has been really 'stand-up' in this mess. They are taking responsibility for what happened yet, someone is looking to profit from it.

Chusk

I'm curious as to how long that bomb squad facility has been there in regard to how long that subdivision has been there. Those people knew it was there and need to realize, there are no guarantees.

Chuck

I'm curious as to how long that bomb squad facility has been there in regard to how long that subdivision has been there. Those people knew it was there and need to realize, there are no guarantees.

Chuck

Tell that to people who complain about airports or bases nearby that were there decades before their subdivision was built. [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Chuck

Tell that to people who complain about airports or bases nearby that were there decades before their subdivision was built. [:/]

They probably moved there with some form of 'security feeling' but when all goes wrong... look-out!

Chuck

I don't think, it's just Mythbusters here. What about the Sheriff's Dept. being the owners of the sight where this started from? They had 'people' there at the time and supervised the expiriment. Seems to me, folks can't put this all on the Mythbuster folks, alone. Just a thought.

Chuck

Oh yeah...... There will be a wide loop thrown to include all depths of pockets. Make no mistake about that.