Faber

Skype??

Have tried it and I can only say that it's a great piece of software.

I have an highspeed Internet connection (10Mbps) and have unfortunately only tested Skype with other people with similar connections.
But according to their website you only need a modem at 33.6 Kbps to use the software. So most people using the Internet should be able to use Skype I guess.

Pros:
Talk to all your friends over the Internet.
Free!!! :)
Cons:
None that I can think of...

/M

anybody using Skype?

any pros and cons?

http://www.skype.com/

its all about talking free on the phone,while online:PB|

just want oppinions before i install,and buy headset

mate, I have just downloaded this and was speaking to a belgium jumper online - it fucking rocks!

I think it very cool!

Surprised not more people are using this for international conversations - its better than my fucking phone bill at the moment!

I have not looked into the "calling phones" cost - is it any cheaper? worthwhile? etc?

cheers

Michael

MSN: [email protected]

hah.. you're from Borringplace.

In English that's Boringplace ;)

so becourse you say it in english the city name change:S:ph34r::D ohh well you gobnna live whith it,i dont chang it anyway(if i didnt had any spell erro´s how would you then know it were me;) he he

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I have to say this is one briliant piece of SW and it's the perfect price to boot...FREE. It can cut out a little bit at times but other than that it is super clear and easy to use. I can't believe more people aren't using it or talking about it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I've been using it regularly to communicate from the USA to my business partners in Germany. It is MUCH clearer and crisper in sound quality than a telephone call...I was amazed when I heard the sound quality. And, as has been pointed out, the price is "very competitive". What gets me is that somehow I'm not being subjected to ads and such. What's in it for them?

I live in the back end of beyond, today is the day that our local telephone network will be getting broadband activated....B|

Hello 21st century.

I'll probably get skype, but have to sort a few other things out first, like a wifi network for the cottage, a couple of new cell phones, and suss my new DVD recorder fully.

Skype is way down my list of priorities, so you guys go ahead and try and break it meantime.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson