shah269

What girls I think I do...Engineering

(I am now trolling to get a laugh or two)

http://www.douglasvanbossuyt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ENGINEERS-v4.jpg
I saw this and laughed my AAASSS off!

The number of women I have met over the past two years who could not believe that I was actually an engineer is kind of funny.

I've been told things such as but not limited to
But you can talk to people.
But your clothes are modern and clean.
How come you look me in the eyes when you talk.
You never talk about boring stuff when we go out.
You never quote Star Trek or Star Wars.
You don't smell of cheese puffs (no joke a girl actually said that, makes me wonder who she went out with before)

Now in defense of these ladies, I do tend to date "trendy" girls. I've never been a big fan of the ladies who are more apt to wear LLB than pencil skirts and high heels.

That aside, when I was in engineering school.....i had this nutty idea that when I graduated I would be THE STIG :-)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

For someone so smart, ya would think you would get the url tag right and not use the email tags.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

For someone so smart, ya would think you would get the url tag right and not use the email tags.

Or even a subject line that makes sense. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You are always banging on about Engineers....

But what type of engineering do you actually do?

Well what kind of question is that!
Obviously I am the best kind!
I mean look at me! I'm AWESOME! And EPIC! And LGENDARY!
Not to mention AWESICNDARY (new word I just made up if you are both awesome and epic with a touch of Legendary!)

Now where are all the tall skinny EXPRESS wearing chicks at! ;)

(This is a troll, I say again, THIS IS A TROLL, I am being over the top for giggles, if you take this seriously it is not my fault. I just told you what I am doing and you did not read it.)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

(I am now trolling to get a laugh or two)

Best I could muster was a small sigh. Will that do?

So you look like that odd...ahh...hum....thing pictured above the all mighty STIG?

The "what girls think I do" is probably the closest to the truth.

HELL NO! Or am I the only one who has an idle to Sky God in my office and skydiving magazines on my desk and a few motivational posters here and there?

(I am now trolling to get a laugh or two date)

The number of women I have met over the past two years who could not believe that I was actually an engineer is kind of funny.

I've been told things such as but not limited to
But you can talk to people.
But your clothes are modern and clean.
How come you look me in the eyes when you talk.
You never talk about boring stuff when we go out.
You never quote Star Trek or Star Wars.
You don't smell of cheese puffs (no joke a girl actually said that, makes me wonder who she went out with before)

Now in defense of these ladies, I do tend to date "trendy" girls. I've never been a big fan of the ladies who are more apt to wear LLB than pencil skirts and high heels.

Fixed.

Don't avoid the question..
What type of Engineering do you actually do?

I actually would like to know.
Why?
Because you are always banging on about being an Engineer or Engineer this and Engineer that. Why girls hate Engineers and why Engineering girls are no good....etc, etc.

The best Engineers I know would never consider themselves an Engineer. Being an Engineer is something that creeps up on you after 20 years in the business when you sudenly realise you do actually know something and can DO something.

I'm betting you love the label of Engineer as much as you love the label of Skydiver, but when it comes to Engineering you've never got your hands dirty and your're probably one of them theoretical types that could split the atom but can't make a decent cup of Tea. Either that or your're in some form of pretend Engineering like software or IT. Certainly office based and not anything industrial.
;) (You said this was about trolling, didn't you..)

The "what I really do" isn't even nearly close. What I really do is go to meetings all day.

I find that making things and increasing shareholder value is usually a more effective use of my time.

Management at small well-run companies that might run out of money tend to agree.

When I charge people by the hour the guys paying my tab usually keep things efficient.

On salary at big companies people tend to be more concerned with growing their fiefdoms than such thing although given a choice one can avoid such situations.

HELL NO! Or am I the only one who has an idle to Sky God in my office and skydiving magazines on my desk and a few motivational posters here and there?

Whilst you are not the only ATTENTION SEEKER, you are the most obnoxious.
Are you so insecure that you have to splash "I'M A SKYDIVER" over your office in the hope people will think you cool?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Or am I the only one who has an idle to Sky God in my office and skydiving magazines on my desk and a few motivational posters here and there

I go out of my way to NOT tell people I work with that I skydive. After I've been there a while, I might let a few people in on it. For the first year, no one knew I jumped. After another six months, only about half a dozen of my close work associates know. And they are only people that have expressed a sincere interest in skydiving, or going to the Wind Tunnel, before I ever mentioned it to them.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Probably one of those engineers that couldn't hack the math and hard stuff due to partying too much in school...you know an industrial TRAFFIC engineer. :P

You know, the guys responsible for gridlock.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm guessing you mean "IDOL".

So you can't spell either.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.