npgraphicdesign

When someone says 'skydiving', what imagery comes to mind?

Aside from the typical debauchery and drinking, what else do you think of? :P:D

For skydivers, what imagery/objects are typically associated with their culture? B|

I think of skydiving. I dont think of drinking cuz I dont drink :)
__

My mighty steed

For skydivers, what imagery/objects are typically associated with their culture? B|

Groups of grown men and women holding hands and sticking their tongues out at each other. :P

Groups of grown men and women holding hands and sticking their tongues out at each other. :P

That sounds like your average class of sex addicts anonymous.

Err...or so I heard. :):D

I've called 4-way, square dancing while falling at 120 mph.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I've called 4-way, square dancing while falling at 120 mph while wearing much goofier outfits.

FIFY.

I brought a spectator to SDC Summerfest last year. She had a great time watching the dirt dives. Not a whuffo, she understood why we did it. (both the jumping and the dirt dives)

"I've never seen a bunch of guys wearing outfits like that holding hands and walking around in circles."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Head down diving exit from a Twin Otter to catch the speed star.......:)

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Peace

Skydiving is the one and only time where i feel at peace with my life.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

For me, TWO things; it's the ride up lying on my stomach looking out the door, and then pulling myself out as rear floater, and holding on while everyone gets positioned to exit.

Hanging out there watching everyone is almost like extra freefall time, then seeing the rock before the "GO!", that's an image indelibly imprinted on my brain. :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The exit from the plane,then the rushing sound of the wind in freefall, followed by the gentle and quite sound of the canopy in the wind.

Oh!!! and the smell of the clean fresh air:)

Total love in my heart

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I brought a spectator to SDC Summerfest last year. She had a great time watching the dirt dives. ... "I've never seen a bunch of guys wearing outfits like that holding hands and walking around in circles."

True story: my FJC and first jump were on a sunday, and when I arrived at the DZ, there was an 8-way dirt diving their jump, all holding hands and huddled together, and one guy who was clearly the leader was saying stuff I couldn't quite make out. I honestly thought it was some of wierd religious thing.

[turns out I was right! :D)

"Skydiving" to me: that feeling of liberation as I jump from the plane into the cool air.

For me, TWO things; it's the ride up lying on my stomach looking out the door,

I've never done that. Is that your usual thing and what kind of plane?:)

Whenever it was possible, I hung out at the door on the way to altitude, which meant a pretty good percentage of my jumps. Nowadays, it seems that all the aircraft have doors, or the PTB won't let this happen anymore. Seatbelts and whatever. [:/]

The best aircraft to do this was, of course, the DC-3. Followed by the Arava and Twin Otter. Twin Beech's were cool (although a small door), depending on who was flying them. Pretty much all the larger aircraft. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9