Phillbo

Peeves ...

Just remembered another one. I go to these instructor led classes in my gym, Body Pump specifically. And in these classes there is this one simple rule, keep your step boards upper right corner at the mark on the floor. This is to ensure everyone has enough space for themselves. For some reason certain people just can't fucking do it. Even though the instructors pretty much remind about this in every class, some folks just won't do it. I have feeling it has got to do with the fact that most(all) of the instructors are women and since most of the class is female they just can't, for what ever reason, take orders from another woman.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

What would you propose as an alternative to traffic signals? Most places I've lived have had intersections that would be nearly impossible to navigate if the signal was removed, but were otherwise left as is. That certainly doesn't mean that the traffic signal is the best solution to the problem, though.

Roundabouts. You can see in advance whether you need to slow down or stop.

They'd also require significant imminent domain in order to retrofit into most cities. That's never going to happen.

Nope. London solved that problem many years ago.

London, is not the US.

While some folks in London might be willing to give up a corner of their property to accommodate, I think you'd find riots breaking out in the US.

Nope, that is NOT what London did. No additional space needed, just a redesign.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I thought about this thread this am on my way to the office in a moment of frustration. This (see pic) bugs the hell out of me. I needed to bear right and the car in front of me wouldn't move up even though there was room to let me by. I had to wait for the light to change. Are people that oblivious?

That sidewalk was clear. You could have used it and flipped the other driver off as you passed. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

On a two-lane road, people who drive close enough to the lead slow car that you can't safely or legally pass them. >:( If you don't have the HP or balls to pass the slow person in front of you, leave enough space so others behind you can.

Next thing you know there are twenty cars bunched up behind the slow-poke. :S

If you are the slow-poke, pull the heck over. Many states have laws that say if "X number" of cars are backed up behind you you must pull over to let them pass.

It's common courtesy, folks. :|

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

On a two-lane road, people who drive close enough to the lead slow car that you can't safely or legally pass them. >:( If you don't have the HP or balls to pass the slow person in front of you, leave enough space so others behind you can.

Next thing you know there are twenty cars bunched up behind the slow-poke. :S

If you are the slow-poke, pull the heck over. Many states have laws that say if "X number" of cars are backed up behind you you must pull over to let them pass.

It's common courtesy, folks. :|

The most I've ever passed in one shot on a 2 lane road was 4.... And yes, I gunned the engine as hard as I could and it was not a HP engine. Had a line of sight more than a mile, all clear. Fuck em.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

1. Liars and cheaters. (nuff said on that subject)

2. "Know it alls" (or those that just *think* they know it all) and then proceed to lecture me on the subject when I really couldn't give a rat's ass!

3. Being late. For God's sake, set your clocks fast if you have to...but be there when you're supposed to be!

4. People who blow their nose at the dining table. Get your lazy ass up and go to the bathroom before you blow!

5. "One Uppers." It doesn't matter how good, bad, sick, healthy, poor, rich or lucky you are. They've always been better, worse, sicker, healthier, poorer, richer or luckier. And they have to talk really loud to make sure you know it! >:(

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Liars

Did you ever lie?

2. "Know it alls" (or those that just *think* they know it all) and then proceed to lecture me on the subject when I really couldn't give a rat's ass!

...but apparently you do care...

Being late

Have you ever been late?

4. People who blow their nose at the dining table. Get your lazy ass up and go to the bathroom before you blow!

Peeve: People who care too much about normal bodily functions so mach as to actually be peeved by them.

"One Uppers." It doesn't matter how good, bad, sick, healthy, poor, rich or lucky you are. They've always been better, worse, sicker, healthier, poorer, richer or luckier. And they have to talk really loud to make sure you know it!

YOUR PEEVES REALLY PISS ME OFF MORE THAN YOUR PEEVES!!!
:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

- When someone tells me to "calm down"... I was calm, and now I want to punch you.

- People who yell.

- People who hit/yell at their pets when it's really their fault (example - you leave your pup indoors alone for 15 hours... OF COURSE it's gonna pee on the carpet...)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Peeve: People who care too much about normal bodily functions so mach as to actually be peeved by them.

Y'know another one of my peeves?

Smartasses who can't spell correctly!
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Y'know another one of my peeves?

Smartasses who can't spell correctly!

Ah, so you ARE a know-it-all...more hypocrisy. Go figure.:D

well...here's you definition of a know-it-all:

"Know it alls" (or those that just *think* they know it all) and then proceed to lecture me on the subject when I really couldn't give a rat's ass

:P

When someone tells me to "calm down

:D

...especially when they know they're just adding fuel to the fire!

cheap shot, indeed...

*exactly* Saying "calm down" is a patronising way of telling the other person they are being irrational. In fact, if the other person really *is* aggitated, a much more effective way to cool things down is simply to lower your own voice and usually the other person follows suit. Diplomatic and effective. The only rational response to hearing "calm down" is: [yelling]"I AM FUCKING CALM"!!![/yelling] :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Visitors who decide that my refrigerator/cabinets/closets/kitchen drawers are not properly organized and decide to do it for me. Then I get to spend ages searching for the stuff they've moved.

BTW, not once has a male visitor done this.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How about people who unnecessarily abbreviate typed words. Folks, it's not a telegraph or a classified ad in the newspaper. You are not paying by the letter/word!

In work e-mails I especially hate:
Thx
Thnks
Pls
BGA

If you don't have time to type the vowel in 'thanks' then your gratitude is clearly not sincere. Fuck you for not even faking it well.

How about people who unnecessarily abbreviate typed words. Folks, it's not a telegraph or a classified ad in the newspaper. You are not paying by the letter/word!

In work e-mails I especially hate:
Thx
Thnks
Pls
BGA

If you don't have time to type the vowel in 'thanks' then your gratitude is clearly not sincere. Fuck you for not even faking it well.

Would that be "Fck u"? :):D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9