riddler

Movie: The Expendables 2

I still want the 2 hours of my life back that I wasted on the original "Expendables".>:(

hey, despite the fact that the "first" one was less unrealistic, this one has Chuck Norris :)it is super fun and cliché and bloody. Action-entertainment almost at its best.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I still want the 2 hours of my life back that I wasted on the original "Expendables".>:(

I think you must be talking about the 2010 version and not the "original."

theres an original?!?!
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

a tandem hop&pop

Jet Li is the tandem "master" if you will. But it's more like a tether than a tandem - did you see how much separation there was between the two people? And I'm guessing it was a slider-down hop-n-pop from the speed of the opening :S
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I think you must be talking about the 2010 version and not the "original."

Are you talking about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_(2000_film)

Or this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expendables_(1989_film)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No, no, no. Don't try to shift the issue to me. You're the one who said "original.". Which one did you mean?

You are far more knowledgeable about films than most of us.
For many of us, the 2010 was the original.

Which film do you consider the original?

I'm not being snarky (at least not much), I'm genuinely curious which one you mean.

The only two I can find are the two he linked. Both of which look as bad as the 2010 one.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

For many of us, 2010 was the original.

2010 was the original. The other movies coincidentally share the same name, but no elements of the plot.

Quade was referring to "original" as a satirical comment.

Plot???
Are you saying the 2010 had a plot?
I don't think it even had a script;
Just two hours of explosions and gunshots.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Plot???

In this new movie, the plot is much better.

There are several heads exploding, in addition to the regular explosions and gunshots.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Plot???

There are several heads exploding, in addition to the regular explosions and gunshots.

Meh. That's already been done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73PwB|

Plot???

Meh. That's already been done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MhgnMX73PwB|

Pffft! Nothing like bad 80's Canadian Sci Fi for exploding heads! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA
Remster

Which film do you consider the original?

Generally speaking, I'll consider the "original" film to be the one that occurs first in history with the title, unless it's not. ;) See, that's what I was trying to find out from ryoder.

Side note though, the "original" film may have a completely different title than the one most people assume is the "original." For instance, the original "Fist Full of Dollars" was called "Yojimbo."

And I guess at this point I should also point out that ryoder's favorite film "The Big Lebowski" also isn't exactly original; it's based on the Humphrey Bogart film, "The Big Sleep."
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Or "Battle Royale" vs "Hunger Games"

I'm giving that an official 50/50. "Battle Royale" is an absolute influence when it comes to the combat section, but that's only half of what "Hunger Games" was about. The other half of influence comes from the generic concept of "reality" TV such as, "American Idol" or "Dancing with the Stars." If you think about it, it's a very weird combination.

What I don't get is why Suzanne Collins admits to the "reality" TV influence, but still won't admit to the "Battle Royale" influence. Weird.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

What I don't get is why Suzanne Collins admits to the "reality" TV influence, but still won't admit to the "Battle Royale" influence. Weird.

Because then she'd have to admit she had nothing original in the film, just took two concept, combined them and made a movie about it.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.