airdvr

Drove a Lancer Evolution this morning

Son in law is storing in a friend's warehouse. Not sure of the mods but I'm pretty sure suspension and exhaust. Fastest car I've ever driven by a mile. Too bad it has to spend the winter in storage. :)

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm192/airdvr1227/?action=view¤t=IMAG0325_zpsffea068e.jpg
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I drive an Evo Viii and love it!

It's a fab drive and can always put a smile on my face. I particulalry like playing with 'fast cars' like 911s etc as you often see real shock on the drivers faces when they struggle to keep up.

Would like to test drive an Evo X but cannot afford one and don't want to put massive temptation in my midst.

Juz

Yes, it's sad to put a car away for the winter.

But it's a lot, lot sadder to see a really cool car destroyed by salt.

I'll be putting my Porsche to bed fairly soon. I'll be happy knowing it's safe and sound until the roads are in an appropriate condition to drive it. :)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I got to drive it all of about 4 miles from my garage to the warehouse. Kept hoping someone with a quick ride would pull up next to me. [:/] I'd get tickets in that thing...lots of 'em.

It doesn't matter what car you drive, a good ($500) radar detector is a good investment. :$

Unless you drive like an oldwoman old lady. :P if you drive like me, it's worth the money. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

buy american, otherwise stop bitchin'

don't believe America makes a car on this level... yes there are faster American cars, but they don't handle like a pure-bred rally car
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

buy american, otherwise stop bitchin'

don't believe America makes a car on this level... yes there are faster American cars, but they don't handle like a pure-bred rally car

Or American car companies don't/didn't sell them in America. >:( (Ford Focus RS, RS 500.) It sounds like Ford will finally agree to sell the RS in the USA in 2014.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I'll be putting my Porsche to bed fairly soon. I'll be happy knowing it's safe and sound until the roads are in an appropriate condition to drive it. :)

I can understand for a Porche, esp a RWD model, but the EVO and the car I have, an STi, are AWD vehicles and just beg to be driven in the winter. I gave in to mine; with winter tires it is so much fun to drift and slide around in the snow, and with 3 limited slip diffs it is almost impossible to get stuck.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I can understand for a Porche, esp a RWD model, but the EVO and the car I have, an STi, are AWD vehicles and just beg to be driven in the winter. I gave in to mine; with winter tires it is so much fun to drift and slide around in the snow, and with 3 limited slip diffs it is almost impossible to get stuck.

The problem isn't traction. I could put Blizzaks on my Porsche and get around just fine, as long as the roads are plowed.

The problem is the salt and sand. The sand takes the paint off and the salt rusts it out.
You can try to keep it clean, but the carwashes all recirculate their water. They filter the dirt out, but they can't get rid of the salt. So you are washing your car off with salt water.

Personally, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a car and then even more on mods just to see it rust away.

But YMMV. :)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Personally, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a car and then even more on mods just to see it rust away

Don't forget about the increased risks of driving in the snow- damage from other drivers, damamge from sliding into something yourself, damage from snow plows, damage from snow shovels, damage from ice scrapers, damage from chunks of snow/ice in the road etc.

I feel 100% that winter time is tougher on cars than the summer. If you have a nice ride and you want it to stay nice, keep it off the roads in the winter. You'll avoid all the possible damage, and 4 or 5 months of milage and wear & tear. Not to mention you don't have to screw around with swapping tires/wheels between summer/winter.

Personally, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a car and then even more on mods just to see it rust away

Don't forget about the increased risks of driving in the snow- damage from other drivers, damamge from sliding into something yourself, damage from snow plows, damage from snow shovels, damage from ice scrapers, damage from chunks of snow/ice in the road etc.

I feel 100% that winter time is tougher on cars than the summer. If you have a nice ride and you want it to stay nice, keep it off the roads in the winter. You'll avoid all the p
ossible damage, and 4 or 5 months of milage and wear & tear. Not to mention you don't have to screw around with swapping tires/wheels between summer/winter.

Dont they also "salt" the snow on the roads?, Salt, water and metal = rapid corrosion
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Personally, I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on a car and then even more on mods just to see it rust away.

But YMMV. :)

No, MM is the same in the winter as yours. We garage our Mini in the winter for all the reasons people listed, salt corrosion, increase risk of damage from other drivers sliding around, etc.

But with my STi, I made the decision to drive it year round. I have seen the rust damage it has done to the underbody, and that hurts, but I have had a lot of fun with it too, doing things you can't easily do in the summer, steering with the right foot, etc. The low traction conditions of winter allow for that.

And like I said, the combo of winter tires and AWD makes for amazing traction when I need it, I have gone through some thick and deep snow where I think any 2WD car would have gotten stuck.

Will I have some regret about driving it in the winter when I take a depreciation hit when I sell, probably, but I will try to remember the moments where I thought to myself "Now that is why I am driving my car year round!"