theonlyski

Got a job!

Got the offer in writing today, quite a bit more money that I was expecting... Start December 3rd.

Put in a 3 week notice shortly after accepting the offer. Hopefully they don't shit can me before then, but it won't make much difference to me.

The pile of papers is growing on my desk... Hopefully by the 29th I will have enough to throw in the air and say 'fuck this shit' and leave this hell hole.

It's a good day!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

say 'fuck this shit' and leave this hell hole.

...a recent recurring dream of mine. [:/]

Me saying fuck this shit and leaving this hell hole is a recurring dream of yours?

I guess it's been a while since I was in some girls dreams, I'll take it! :P

Oh yes... CONGRATULATIONS!

THANKS!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Congrats! Feels great knowing you have a better opportunity and an end is in sight to the torture!
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

Congrats! Feels great knowing you have a better opportunity and an end is in sight to the torture!

That it does! It will be almost a full year (just a few weeks shy) since I was laid off from my last 'real' job.

Been working for the unemployment office. Not a big fan. :|

Thanks guys!

I can't wait to get on to better things.

It doesn't hurt that in addition to the normal 1 day a month paid off, I also get 18 days a year PTO!

Boogie season is approaching. :)

HOORAYYYYYYY!!! I *knew* you would get there :)
What are you going to do to celebrate? B|

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Keep out of trouble till my background and urinalysis checks clear.:D:D:D

Congrats mate my advice would be to work your notice and do your job. Regardless of how shit the employer is its always good to be professional and leave on a good footing

I am, I plan on working up until the last minute of the job.

Keep out of trouble till my background and urinalysis checks clear.:D:D:D

You mean joining us for Thanksgiving doesn't sound like a fun way to celebrate??? :(

The girlfriend is pretty much requiring I spend Thanksgiving with her. :|

Some days I wonder what went wrong in my life.:D

Congrats mate my advice would be to work your notice and do your job. Regardless of how shit the employer is its always good to be professional and leave on a good footing

Yup. Even if they don't deserve it, it's just more dignified to leave with your head held high :)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Yup. Even if they don't deserve it, it's just more dignified to leave with your head held high :)

I learned years ago to never burn a bridge... you NEVER know when you'll need to cross it in the future. ;)

I offered to train my replacement and/or whatever they needed from me until I left. Even made my last day at the end of a pay period. B|

The pile of papers is growing on my desk... Hopefully by the 29th I will have enough to throw in the air and say 'fuck this shit' and leave this hell hole.

Congrats on the new gig, just make sure you are well clear of the old bridge before you start burning it down. You never know when a reference could be needed ... in case something was to go wrong with the new job.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I learned years ago to never burn a bridge... you NEVER know when you'll need to cross it in the future. ;)

I offered to train my replacement and/or whatever they needed from me until I left. Even made my last day at the end of a pay period. B|

I have seen people leave on a very bad foot. It did not *seem* to affect their future prospects. Karma doesn't always get you back... But hey... Rather safe than sorry. Besides, I really do think taking the "high road" is ultimately *much* more satisfying.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss