BillyVance

Old Rec.Skydiving Group posters

Post those that you remember, alive or dead. Just add to the list.

Off my memory (been a long time):

Treetops
Snuffy
Jan Davis (RIP)
Rev Jim (RIP)
Bozo
BillyVance
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I used to post on there, and I think I'm still alive.:|

My favorites on there were Bob Church and Dan (Flare when you hear the crickets) Rossi. I don't recall ever seeing either of them on here.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Post those that you remember, alive or dead. Just add to the list. Off my memory (been a long time): Treetop, Snuffy, Jan Davis (RIP), Rev Jim (RIP), Bozo, BillyVance

Gary Peek was there. So was Peanut, Rhonda Lea Kirk, Winsor Naugler, Bill von Novak, DJan Stewart, Skratch Garrison, etc. (DJan and Skratch "met" on the internet.)

I remember accessing rec.skydiving at work on a text-based terminal. I had a piece of paper taped to the wall where I noted some of the posters that I wanted to keep track of because they posted things that made sense and were positive about skydiving. I remember the day I added DJan.

In the late '80's I was in college accessing Usenet on a Wyse 50 terminal attached to a mini-computer running BSD 4.3.

And we *liked it!:P

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I used to post on there, and I think I'm still alive.:|

My favorites on there were Bob Church and Dan (Flare when you hear the crickets) Rossi. I don't recall ever seeing either of them on here.

I said BOTH dead and alive. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Me.

And peanut.

Funny, I thought Peanut was Snuffy's kid or something. They typed with a drawl like nobody else! :D

And of course, the infamous Nippleboy! Who could forget his outrageous jump stories! :o:D

I was there, too, even though I wasn't jumping at the time. Nipplboy was a classic -- both he and Dan Rossi have posted here a few times.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I was there, but have no recollection if I posted anything or not, or what name I would have used (if it wasn't 'davelepka'). I don't even really remember anyone or anything much, but I feel like there was a connection to some sort of comical online skydiving magazine, like 'The Onion', and that was pretty funny.

They did this spoof on Olav and his 'Atmospheric Dolphin' rating, and they called it the 'Atmospheric Golphin', and somebody photoshopped a golf club into his hand in a freefling picture. It was funny enough that it's the only thing I remember from there. My best guess is that it was 1999 or 2000.

I remember meeting Gary Peek at the old WFFC and thinking he was a pig before I met him. After I met him, I knew he wasn't a pig, and since then, I have been a very confused person. Gawd I miss the old days.
Its a good day to LIVE, why puck up a good thing.

There is no reply in aad section for. " hell no i would not put an AAD on my back"

I think I started posting there in 96 or 97.

Blues,
ALF#16, ABG#1

Yeah, I believe I started in '96 as well. You were one of the frequent posters on there.

:)