promise5

Would you give up skydiving?

Remembering what an old friend told me about his wife trying to make him quit skydiving by choosing the sport or her. He told her "I'm gonna miss ya". She backed off. :D

They're still married AFAIK, though he eventually retired from the sport due to various physical ailments.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You guys are funny. :D:D

To the OP's question, I've told my sweetie that if she ever made me quit jumping I'd be getting a motorcycle and start drag racing again. Pick the poison. :)

I gave up on the DonorCycles a loooooong time ago... 3 bikes totaled.. I figured I was running out of cat lives.

To the OP's question, I've told my sweetie that if she ever made me quit jumping I'd be getting a motorcycle and start drag racing again. Pick the poison. :)

I gave up on the DonorCycles a loooooong time ago... 3 bikes totaled.. I figured I was running out of cat lives.

Damn, Amazon! :o:D:D

I wouldn't ride 'em on the street, just the strip. I'd feel safer. :)

If I never do more then the 3 tandems I have planned with people. I would still never give up being involved in some way. Yeah, I'm quirky I love it to much already. :P

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Damn, Amazon! :o:D:D

I wouldn't ride 'em on the street, just the strip. I'd feel safer. :)

Yeah I hear you.... out on the street every 4 wheeler is out to squish or kill ya. not a single one of those accidents was my fault.:S

Sounds like you needed a better teacher. :P

No I needed better weather where morons could see me out of their fogged up windows... South of Miami in summer SUCKS when those afternoon downpours happen.

So, let me get this straight.

You got smacked in Florida by drivers who couldn't see you out of their fogged-up windows, so you moved to the Northwet, where they can't see you out of their fogged-up windows? :S

:P

yeah.. but now I drive a Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4 with a Cummins.. let em bounce off of me.

Florida.. 90 degrees + with 95% humidity and 2 to 3" per hour deluge thunder boomers... me coming back to the base from Turkey Point. after being out on the water...

BUY A TRIKE :)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

BUY A TRIKE :)

Big Red. does snow and mud LOTS better Squeakiepoo:ph34r::ph34r:

Just had this conversation with a friend of mine and wanted to know what others thought.
If you had been involved in a skydiving accident and your SO asked you to give up the sport because of it would you?

My thoughts were I couldn't ask them to give up something they love.

Yes I would. But luckily my wife is very supportive.

No I needed better weather where morons could see me out of their fogged up windows...
FIFY one of these

:D

:D:DOk.. I needed a laugh.:D:D

I think maybe I could bolt both of my Stihl saws onto Big RED.. Still not gonna do a DonorCycle:ph34r:

Just had this conversation with a friend of mine and wanted to know what others thought.
If you had been involved in a skydiving accident and your SO asked you to give up the sport because of it would you?

My thoughts were I couldn't ask them to give up something they love.

Totally depends... If your SO is concerned for your well-being, you should definitely discuss it. Both parties probably have valid points, and if you care about each-other you will be honest about whose arguments are most relevant. In some cases (ie: when you have young kids; when you are retardedly accident-prone; when your finances are in a dire state), it can be wise to at least take a break from the sport... In some cases, you should come to some kind of compromise, or better explain the (calculated) risks involved.

Whatever the circumstances, the determining factor is really whether you or your SO is being selfish toward the other... If one of you *is* being selfish, the problem isn't the skydiving...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

My girlfriend hates that I skydive because she's a bum and doesn't like waking up before noon on the weekends...

If she told me it was her or skydiving, I'd ask her to kindly be gone when I got back from the dz. :)

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

My girlfriend hates that I skydive because she's a bum and doesn't like waking up before noon on the weekends...

Why is she your "girlfriend" if this is your opinion of her?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Why is she your "girlfriend" if this is your opinion of her?

That's the best part about 'dating' bums...when ya finally get tired of 'em just throw them out of the car.

They always have everything they own with 'em & and no matter where ya drop them off...they're HOME. B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That's the best part about 'dating' bums...when ya finally get tired of 'em just throw them out of the car.

They always have everything the own with 'em & and no matter where ya drop them off...they're HOME. B|

:D:D Dontcha wanna drop 'em off by in the Walmart parking lot so they can grab a new cart to put all their stuff in it?:P

They always have everything the own with 'em & and no matter where ya drop them off...they're HOME. B|

:D:D Dontcha wanna drop 'em off by in the K-mart parking lot so they can grab an old cart to put all their stuff in it?:P

FIFY K-mart is worse now than Walmart, from what I've seen. :o:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

:D:D Dontcha wanna drop 'em off by in the Walmart parking lot so they can grab a new cart to put all their stuff in it?:P

They could always buy a tent.. so they could return it when they get their next SO or housing situation.