ChrisD

How do I euthanasia my girlfriends pussy?

:(

The poor thing is about 17 years old. What does that make it in pussyyears? 105?

It is the most misereable thing I have ever come across...

Every time you would get near it, it would lash out with a claw or try to bite, and it was a viscious biter...

It's a little emaciated at the moment, but it's hobbling around with a nasty limp. She isn't crying aloud, or seem to be in much pain, cripes how do I juge the amount of pain or do I even have the right to judge?

I mean just because it looks a little nasty to me,...

I kind of figure the thing has deserved a little time, or a little time more considering the fight this thing has given life, it clearly is fighting right to the end...

I'm kind of hope'n that I walk down the stairs some morning, soon, and find that she has moved on , peacfully during the night, just so we don't have to make this decision, but is this cruel?

she can still manage to clean herself, so there isn't any nasty smell, we talked with the vet and as you can suspect the vet is more than happy to "Perform the final act of kindness,..." YA FOR a Hundred and fifety bucks!!! Now there's an unbiased decision, ya right...and for an additional 80 bucks we can get a brass, (imitation) vase to stick our beloved pussy in???

I suppose we could do a "do it yourself" type of job?

I mean the bury the poor thing in the yard, not a do it yourself euthanasia...My dog is bury'd in the yard, but the dog and pussy barely tolerated each other,....

I guess You can tell there's not a lot of love lost between us, but on the other hand I did get attached to the little thing, some kind of fear/ respect for the things tenacity and constant defiance over the years...

But I'm havin a real hard time deciding when is the time, I just don't want to make this decision....

AND YES, I know its my girlfriends pussy, and ultimatly her decision, but she isn't being much help either, she dosent't want to decide! Cant say I blame her. I suppose she is looking for some leadership in this area, kind of the John Wayne macho thing, just grabbb the issue by the horns so to speak and right or wrong live with the decision?? But I feel that if I do something like that it's a bit of a set up in that now if I'm wrong, and in this decision the guy is always wrong, I'm in a no win situation?? If this decision gets left up to me no matter how I handle this pussy issue I'm not going to come out on top???

Argghhh,

Help???
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

We used a 10ga in the country.

.22LR to the back of the head should suffice.

Yeah, tough thing. I've taken two long time pets into the vet's to be euthanized. I hate it.

Big OD on ketamin.??
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

:(

The poor thing is about 17 years old. What does that make it in pussyyears? 105?

It is the most misereable thing I have ever come across...

Every time you would get near it, it would lash out with a claw or try to bite, and it was a viscious biter...

Someone owes me a new Logitech G510 keyboard, G500 mouse, M Audio AV-40s, Samsung LCD monitor, etc.

Take the cat to the nearest Animal Shelter and say you found it as a stray. This is better than shooting the poor thing in the head. Let the pros handle it. They will charge you nothing if you say it's a stray.

At least at the Animal Shelter, they will clean up the cat and check it out before making the decision to euthanize. Unless you believe you are the Dr Kavorkian for Cats...:S

:)

But not helping!!![:/]

Girlfriend has money, after speaking with vet, kind of a forgone conclusion,...in other words it's not going to be for a consultation, ittl'e be a one way trip....

10ga wow talk about over kill!!!!!

Better than missing the kill shot by half an inch or so and letting it suffer...

Had to euthanize my wife's 19 year old cat 12 1/2 years ago. Took him to the vet. Even though he was my wife's cat and not mine, and I was peeved with his habit of pissing on my furniture (that smell never goes away 100%), I had tears running down my face when the shot went in and he stopped breathing.

[:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

First off, is there anything wrong with the cat that you know of? Why is it emaciated? Why is it limping? Has she even been checked out to see what the cause for those issues are? I would suggest having the cat checked out to see if there is anything that can be done to help the cat before making any final decisions. If you think the current vet is biased then bring it to another vet for a second opinion.

Just because she is 17 years old doesn't mean she is on her last leg either. I know of several people that have had cats live into their 20's, so don't use age as a determining factor. Also, just because the cat is cranky does not mean its life is over. I know lots of cranky old people. Usually if a cat is cranky it is because something is wrong with them. So I would check to see what is wrong with her and what it would take to get her better. If she was in pain she would let you know by crying or making some kind of noise.

Aside from that, I would tell her that it is her cat and she needs to be the one to make the decision. Because if she has any doubts afterwards she could get mad at you for making that decision for her, even if she says she won't. Especially if there is not much love between you and the cat.

She took the responsibility of getting the cat and taking care it its whole life, now she needs to take the responsibility of making the decision to ends its life or not. If she can't make the decision, then I would say it is not time. I personally would never make that decision for someone else. You can offer advice and suggestions, but ultimately she has to be the one to make the ultimate decision.
"Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity"

We are in the same boat,
one cat 19 yo almost decrepit, it's completely blind and has a non functional back leg but still eats and drinks and seems content to keep on keeping on.
Not my cat so not my call.[:/]

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Not long ago, we faced the same issue, very hard decision.

We had a very decrepit, 18 yr old siamese mix. She was stone deaf (she did not care one whit if mrowc6 was playing the pipes). She was also very demented. Not trustworthy, cat-box wise. She would wander around and just fall down :(

We tried to give her the "easy way out" with some morphine pills. She did not like that and threw them back up.

We ended up taking her her to the vet (actually, I made briemous take her, because I just couldn't).

It cost us over $200 to "humanely" do what the pills couldn't. [:/]

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

She took the responsibility of getting the cat and taking care it its whole life, now she needs to take the responsibility of making the decision to ends its life or not. If she can't make the decision, then I would say it is not time.

This

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Yep. 10 commandments of pet ownership. Don't take the cat to the vet and say it's a stray -- do the responsible thing and stay with it, if she makes the decision.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

:)
Thanks Lisa,...

It's just too soon after my dog to go thru this again....

Rach,..Ya I've been told whats wrong, and yes they don't reccommend any treatment at this point,....

This cat and "mean" mean the same in most dialects across the globe....this thing, from when it was a kitten>>>

This thing would jump up on a bed, in the middle of the night, snuggle up to you like it was your best feiend, AND IF YOU MOVED THE SLIGHTEST,...it would then savagely, without any remorse whatsoever start biting, and when I say biting, I fucking mean this thing made every horror movie you have ever seen, seem like a "My wonderfull Pony" movie, this fucking demon from the othe side of Pluto and Hades would sink it's teeth deep into your flesh, and ZI'm not speaking about a simple blood letting, "there will be blood." She would make the movie "grey" look like puppy dogs you want to invite into your home! Blood would be everywhere!

AND the more you tried to kick the muther Fkn thing off the more it would sink it's teeth ito another spot!!
While it's trying to remove your flesh, it would then chomp up or down yor limbs seeking a bony spot! It wasen't quite content to just sink it's teeth into you it had to find bone!

And I don't exactly understand my remorse at seeing this little, now decrepit daughter of Dameon going home to the fires of which it was spawned, probably some kind of "Stockholm Syndrom"

Allthough I kind of smile a little,...thinking I can return this little gem to: MORDOR.
C

Wow, I've got to get my mind out of the gutter!!! All I could think of when I saw the title was, "What the hell kind of STD could she have that he wants to kill it!" :S

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama