ryoder

The 2014 Corvette certainly grabs your attention

airdvr

See those air inlets right behind the front tires? That lets a cool breeze blow on the owner's incredibly small schmecky.;)

Smaller than mine? ;)

It's inevitable that I will get one.

Not 2014, though. I did 2005, and other than the extra year I got to drive a freaking fun car, I do wish I had waited to get a 2006. Getting a first-year of any generation can be risky. And when I say risky, I mean 180,000 miles of freaking fun!

I have yet to see a c7 in person, though. :( Can't wait to test drive one! B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

airdvr

See those air inlets right behind the front tires? That lets a cool breeze blow on the owner's incredibly small schmecky.;)

:D:D:D I call those cars "penis extenders".

ETA: I think it looks cool and I would've never thought it was a Corvette. I'm not into cars so my opinion doesn't count. I prefer SUVs. :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

I can handle the evolution of design over a long time. what kind of bugs me though is when a company decides to break with certain styling cues that have been with the product pretty much my entire life.

This is going to sound silly, but I hate what they did with the tail lights. Doesn't make the car faster or anything, but makes it less of a Vette.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

I can handle the evolution of design over a long time. what kind of bugs me though is when a company decides to break with certain styling cues that have been with the product pretty much my entire life.

This is going to sound silly, but I hate what they did with the tail lights. Doesn't make the car faster or anything, but makes it less of a Vette.

I agree, the tail end of the c7 is the point at which every Vette lover has at least a momentary hesitation. BUT, this is not the first time Vettes have had similar tail lights as Camaros, so, there is at least some historicity with this. When the c6 came out, there was such hue and cry about the exposed headlights (which has also been done before on Vettes), but no one argues, now, about how beautiful a choice it turned out to be.

I can hardly wait to see what the c7 vert looks like! If they do a Camaro-shit-job-of-a-ragtop, I will cry. :( If they do as good a job as the c6, I will be even more likely to run out and buy one.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***They still fucked up and put the steering wheel on the wrong side .. WTF? :P:P:P:P

Just spit out my wine, thank you very much! >:(:D

If you can't hold your liquor, then I don't think you should be driving a Vette.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******They still fucked up and put the steering wheel on the wrong side .. WTF? :P:P:P:P

Just spit out my wine, thank you very much! >:(:D

If you can't hold your liquor, then I don't think you should be driving a Vette.:|

Oh my, Gosh! You're right, it's super hard to hold on to a drink at 1+ lateral G. ;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

BigMark

Some gas bag up the street bought one with all the bells and whistles and drove it back from the plant after a tour, nice car. First thing he tells everyone, did you see my Vette?

That has more to do with the gas bag, than the car.

Museum delivery would be cool to do. Especially with the road trip on a brand new car (being gentle to it, but still fun). Getting home and lording it over the neighbors is just boorish. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***Some gas bag up the street bought one with all the bells and whistles and drove it back from the plant after a tour, nice car. First thing he tells everyone, did you see my Vette?

Museum delivery would be cool to do. Especially with the road trip on a brand new car (being gentle to it, but still fun). Getting home and lording it over the neighbors is just boorish. :S

The one in my photo was wearing *Missouri* dealer plates, and had a *lot* of bugs on the front end.
Someone was having a fun road trip!:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

******Some gas bag up the street bought one with all the bells and whistles and drove it back from the plant after a tour, nice car. First thing he tells everyone, did you see my Vette?

The one in my photo was wearing *Missouri* dealer plates, and had a *lot* of bugs on the front end.
Someone was having a fun road trip!:D

That's what a recent sig line that I saw said: " Who says you can't measure freedom by the number of bugs on the windshield?" B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

grimmie

It kind of looks like a Camaro from the back.

I love Corvettes, I used to have a '75, but I think I would buy an Audi R8 if I had that kind of $$$$.

Ditto. That said you can almost buy two Vettes for the price of one R8.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

LuckyMcSwervy

ETA: I think it looks cool and I would've never thought it was a Corvette. I'm not into cars so my opinion doesn't count. I prefer SUVs. :P

Ugh, SUVs?:S
Sure, they're handy for hauling stuff and driving off road (as if more than 1% of SUV owners actually go 4-wheeling:S:P). But they all drive like trucks and corner like canoes. They get crappy gas mileage and their poor acceleration makes the rest of the world wait behind them off of lights. They're great for being a battering ram in accidents and then rolling over to kill you anyway. [:/] I hate it when I get stuck with an SUV rental vehicle.

For enjoyable driving I'll take a real car everytime, and a sports car anytime. I'd love to drive that Vette, but I'm happy just toolin' around in V's Fiat.

JohnMitchell

Ugh, SUVs?:S
Sure, they're handy for hauling stuff and driving off road (as if more than 1% of SUV owners actually go 4-wheeling:S:P). But they all drive like trucks and corner like canoes. They get crappy gas mileage and their poor acceleration makes the rest of the world wait behind them off of lights. They're great for being a battering ram in accidents and then rolling over to kill you anyway. [:/] I hate it when I get stuck with an SUV rental vehicle.

For enjoyable driving I'll take a real car everytime, and a sports car anytime. I'd love to drive that Vette, but I'm happy just toolin' around in V's Fiat.

SIGH!! All the things I love about an SUV. Well except the roll over part but then since it's the battering ram it won't be rolling over.

The only thing better then an SUV is a truck !!!
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

I haven't seen one I really liked in decades. I fell in love with a fully restored 67 Hardtop Convertible with L88 scoop, big block, 4 speed, and original redwall tires once.

This new one is certainly a departure from the previous version. Looks like they hired an Italian to help them make it sexy.

I approve the look. (I know Chevrolet was waiting for my approval) :D

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.