turtlespeed

Denver must have brought their own . . .

Broncos stunk up the joint from the get-go. Starting from the opening kick off which should not have been run back. Then the safety on the 1st offensive play and it went downhill from there. It was a Super Bore. However, Seattle's defense was rather ruthless, and was rather good. I sit here and wonder, is this Seattle defense even better than the '85 Bears defense? I know some people will say "sacrilege, the '85 Bears will always be the best no matter what". But what we saw today was no accident. Defense wins championships and this 2013 Seahawks defense made the statistically best offense in NFL history look bad.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

CanuckInUSA

However, Seattle's defense was rather ruthless, and was rather good. I sit here and wonder, is this Seattle defense even better than the '85 Bears defense? I know some people will say "sacrilege, the '85 Bears will always be the best no matter what". But what we saw today was no accident. Defense wins championships and this 2013 Seahawks defense made the statistically best offense in NFL history look bad.

Thank you. I'm basking in the glow of Seattle's first Super Bowl win. And as good as their "D" was, their offense wasn't too bad. Lynch got stuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage, but we still found a way to move the ball and score. B|

JohnMitchell

*** However, Seattle's defense was rather ruthless, and was rather good. I sit here and wonder, is this Seattle defense even better than the '85 Bears defense? I know some people will say "sacrilege, the '85 Bears will always be the best no matter what". But what we saw today was no accident. Defense wins championships and this 2013 Seahawks defense made the statistically best offense in NFL history look bad.

Thank you. I'm basking in the glow of Seattle's first Super Bowl win. And as good as their "D" was, their offense wasn't too bad. Lynch got stuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage, but we still found a way to move the ball and score. B|

Denver had a horrible offensive line. I started counting from the ball snap early in the game and too many times Manning had less than 2 seconds before he got swallowed up by Seattle's defensive. Great QB pressure by Seattle. There are Oklahoma High School football teams that could have protected him better. :S
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hi John,

Yup, I'm doing some that basking also.

Lynch got stuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage

Well, he did get into the end zone; and they made up his poor running game with other players.

I am probably biased, but Seattle player a near-perfect game.

JerryBaumchen

PS) Seattle scored on a Safety, a run-in touchdown, a passing touchdown, and an interception touchdown. Not bad for the team that was supposed to lose. :)

CanuckInUSA

Broncos stunk up the joint from the get-go. Starting from the opening kick off which should not have been run back. Then the safety on the 1st offensive play and it went downhill from there. It was a Super Bore. However, Seattle's defense was rather ruthless, and was rather good. I sit here and wonder, is this Seattle defense even better than the '85 Bears defense? I know some people will say "sacrilege, the '85 Bears will always be the best no matter what". But what we saw today was no accident. Defense wins championships and this 2013 Seahawks defense made the statistically best offense in NFL history look bad.

And the turn overs . . . W T F?[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***Broncos stunk up the joint from the get-go. Starting from the opening kick off which should not have been run back. Then the safety on the 1st offensive play and it went downhill from there. It was a Super Bore. However, Seattle's defense was rather ruthless, and was rather good. I sit here and wonder, is this Seattle defense even better than the '85 Bears defense? I know some people will say "sacrilege, the '85 Bears will always be the best no matter what". But what we saw today was no accident. Defense wins championships and this 2013 Seahawks defense made the statistically best offense in NFL history look bad.

And the turn overs . . . W T F?[:/]

So the NFL's season MVP was chewed up and spat out by the Seattle defense. Loved it. :)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

CanuckInUSA

I sit here and wonder, is this Seattle defense even better than the '85 Bears defense? I know some people will say "sacrilege, the '85 Bears will always be the best no matter what".made the statistically best offense in NFL history look bad.

The '85 bears defense only allowed 10 points in the entire post season, including the SuperBowl. During the season the defense scored more points than it allowed. Hard to beat that record.

JohnMitchell

*** However, Seattle's defense was rather ruthless, and was rather good. I sit here and wonder, is this Seattle defense even better than the '85 Bears defense? I know some people will say "sacrilege, the '85 Bears will always be the best no matter what". But what we saw today was no accident. Defense wins championships and this 2013 Seahawks defense made the statistically best offense in NFL history look bad.

Denver haz a sad

The '85 Bears defense is without a doubt one of the all time great defensive teams in league history. But they were only dominant for that one year. Why is it that nobody talks about the '86, or the '87 Bears teams. It's not like their defense was decimated by free agency in the '86 season. No the reason why the '85 team was so successfully that one year was because their 4-6 defensive was new and nobody could figure out how to counteract all the pressure the 4-6 defense put on them during the '85 season. But by the time the '86 season rolled around, some teams had figured out how to beat the 4-6 defense and the day of the Bears dominance soon came to an end.

What we witnessed last night by Seattle's defense was a similar dominant high pressure defense. Only time will tell if Seattle can keep this team under contract and continue their winnings ways in an era of free agency player movement. But for this year this Seahawks defense dominated, just like the Bears defense dominated the '85 season.

Oh and American Football is a team game. To place the blame on Denver's loss on one player like you have is a joke. Then again recently you did criticized the sport for allowing the game clock to run down while the play is stopped and yet Soccer and Rugby do the exact same thing. Do you even know the rules of some of these sports?

CanuckInUSA

Oh and American Football is a team game. To place the blame on Denver's loss on one player like you have is a joke.

Funny that they have MVP awards then, isn't it?

Then again recently you did criticized the sport for allowing the game clock to run down while the play is stopped and yet Soccer and Rugby do the exact same thing. Do you even know the rules of some of these sports?

Played both.:P

I suggest you get a stopwatch and time just how much of "the clock" is spent in inaction in football, and then do the same for a rugby game.

online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704281204575002852055561406

The most surprising finding of The [Wall Street] Journal's study—that the average game has just 10 minutes and 43 seconds of actual playing time—has been corroborated by other researchers.

Football—at least the American version—is the rare sport where it's common for the clock to run for long periods of time while nothing is happening. After a routine play is whistled dead, the clock will continue to run, even as the players are peeling themselves off the turf and limping back to their huddles. The team on offense has a maximum of 40 seconds after one play ends to snap the ball again. A regulation NFL game consists of four quarters of 15 minutes each, but because the typical play only lasts about four seconds, the ratio of inaction to action is approximately 10 to 1. (At the end of a game, if one team has a lead and wants to prevent the other team from scoring again, standing around and letting the clock run down becomes a bona fide strategy).

normiss

Phillip Seymour Hoffman could have given the Broncos a shot in the arm.
Or did he???:P

You shouldn't needle them like that.

Don

Oh and American Football is a team game. To place the blame on Denver's loss on one player like you have is a joke.

Tell it to the WSJ.

online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304851104579361111580572276?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702304851104579361111580572276.html

Where in that article did you get the impression that football was NOT a team game? That whole article was talking about Seattle's defensive game plan and ultimately the execution of this game plan. Yes the QB is the most high profile player on the field and if you can get into the QB's head, you stand an excellent chance of victory. But the QBs are only one player and football always has and always will be about the team effort and this effort extends well beyond the players who are on the field on a given play. The team effort starts with the game plan the coaching staff devises the week before the game and the plays the teams practice during the days leading up to the game. The team effort then extends to the decisions the coaching staff makes with their play calling during the game as the game evolves. Then of course the team efforts factors in the decisions and actions all the players make on the field. If one player makes a poor decision, if one player misses their assignment it can and often negatively effects the play of all the other players on the field. Seattle came up with a suburb game plan and executed it almost to perfection. It was one of the best efforts we have ever seem in the history of the game. For that Seattle must be given immense credit. Football is a chess game and a contact sport all in one. It's all about deception. Make the other team think you are going to do one thing when in reality you are going to attempt to do something rather different. If you ever figure this out, maybe you will stop being such a whiner towards the sport and accept the game for what it is.

The '85 Bears defense is without a doubt one of the all time great defensive teams in league history. But they were only dominant for that one year. Why is it that nobody talks about the '86, or the '87 Bears teams.

This. Seattle has depth and many of their players are still on their rookie contracts. Manning made more in a single game this season than russell wilson made all season.

We will be able to keep most of the guys we need to, and we have a GM and coach who can turn a 5th round cast-off into a pro-bowl player because they know what kind of player will succeed in this program.

The national media HATES the idea of giving the Seahawks credit. It was inconceivable that a team they ignored and disrespected all season would ruin their narrative that had Payton walking into the sunset with the lombardi trophy before the game was even played.

seahawks are just a bunch of loudmouths with no respect, the fans aren't any good and won't travel, they pump in sound to their stadium, wilson is too short, sherman talks too much, marshawn doesn't talk enough, etc. etc.

just in the post-season the seahawks dissected drew brees, took the 49ers to the mat, and took the most powerful offense in history and shut them down (notice nobody questions whether the broncs offense was one of the best all time... weird). you can't deny that.

So now the conversation is where do the seahawks rank in all time greatest defense, and nobody wants to give them their due. Which is fine. But they are in the conversation.

This team plays best when they have a boulder on their shoulder. And my money is on this team answering that question so decisively that it won't even be up for debate. this team is just getting started!

go hawks!!