LuckyMcSwervy

Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead

kallend

Hard to feel any sympathy for the guy.

Hmm. Reads like one of those comments you see on news stories about skydiving fatalities.
We are quite sure he's dead, pretty damn sure (pending autopsy) it was due to an OD on illegal drugs, and I find it quite credible that more was found in his apartment.
I see little parallel to skydiving.
How about swooping?
Last time I checked, Heroin was illegal in all US states and almost all nations.

Do you not empathize with an individual if they died BASE jumping in a National Park? Let's say for instance, Jan Davis.

Does illegality really toggle your empathy subroutine?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The heat liquifies the heroin so it can be pulled into the syringe for intravenous delivery. The spoon is metal much like a pot/pan you'd use on the stove top but much smaller so you don't liquify more than you'd use right away in the syringe. Can't waste the good shit. Plus, it's handier to have a spoon and lighter (heat source) on you than a stove. The glassine bags are for distributing the drugs into bundles/bricks for consistent distribution weights. Depends on the glassine bag size too. Glassine bags = bundles = bricks.

I already knew that.

Can you explain how electricity works ?

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

PLFKING

The heat liquifies the heroin so it can be pulled into the syringe for intravenous delivery. The spoon is metal much like a pot/pan you'd use on the stove top but much smaller so you don't liquify more than you'd use right away in the syringe. Can't waste the good shit. Plus, it's handier to have a spoon and lighter (heat source) on you than a stove. The glassine bags are for distributing the drugs into bundles/bricks for consistent distribution weights. Depends on the glassine bag size too. Glassine bags = bundles = bricks.

I already knew that.

Don

Philbo asked so that's the answer he got from me. If you can make it sound better, please do, as I'm obviously no scientist. :P:P:P

I flip the switch on the wall, the room lights up.

That's all I got. ;)

:P:P:P
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

I already knew that.

Don

Philbo asked so that's the answer he got from me. If you can make it sound better, please do, as I'm obviously no scientist. :P:P:P

That's all I got. ;)

Gracias Chica

Phillbo

I already knew that.

Don

That's all I got. ;)

Gracias Chica

You're welcome, Senor. :)

PLFKING

I already knew that.

Don

Static or current?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Phillbo

I have to turn off the breaker before switching out a light switch. Electricity and me do not get along.

That's not a horrible idea. It depends on the person. I know some people who will do it with the lines hot, but many opt to kill the breaker first.

Of course, there are people out there working on computers and using the ESD straps... I can't remember the last time I used one and I get a chuckle when I see someone using one (I'm not talking about working on the space shuttle electronics, just someone installing a CD drive)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Lots of people, many more in fact, die of prescription drug over doses--most of which are opiates like heroin. No sympathy there either?

I know too many dead skydivers and BASE jumpers not to equate it with overdoses. Most of us don't won't to die either but have some fucking compassion when a skydiver with 20 years goes in.

theonlyski

***I have to turn off the breaker before switching out a light switch. Electricity and me do not get along.

That's not a horrible idea. It depends on the person. I know some people who will do it with the lines hot, but many opt to kill the breaker first.

Of course, there are people out there working on computers and using the ESD straps... I can't remember the last time I used one and I get a chuckle when I see someone using one (I'm not talking about working on the space shuttle electronics, just someone installing a CD drive)

So you're saying it's no longer acceptable to stand next to your buddy with a 2x4 or a wooden baseball bat when they're working with the electric? You should really flip the breaker to OFF? No fun. :P

So, you're thinking something along the lines of:

Hey! Are you ok? All I know is something over here made sparks and you fell back and hit your head. You were out a couple of minutes. Bat? What bat?
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Mixed emotions about drug abuse.

I don't think they made a conscious decision to become a junkie, alcoholic, etc. They just made some bad decisions. Who hasn't? Some were likely susceptible to drug addiction because of mental / emotional problems. Many addicts are actually self-medicating for underlying issues that aren't addictive personality. I am very sympathetic to that part of the issue.

Conversely, some people are rolling in their addiction and expect others to adjust, pay the bill, etc. No sympathy for that.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

LuckyMcSwervy

******I have to turn off the breaker before switching out a light switch. Electricity and me do not get along.

So you're saying it's no longer acceptable to stand next to your buddy with a 2x4 or a wooden baseball bat when they're working with the electric? You should really flip the breaker to OFF? No fun. :P

In the army SATCOM school they teach us that. We weren't allowed to be wearing any jewelry (rings, watches or necklaces) while working on equipment. If it was a high voltage system, you should have a safety there with a 2x4 to 'persuade' your grip to release in the event of electrical shock.;)

Since I live alone and not usually someone around with a 2x4, I usually opt for the breaker off idea.:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

With direct current you only need one baseball bat; with alternating, you need two :)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

quade

Hard to feel any sympathy for the guy.

Hmm. Reads like one of those comments you see on news stories about skydiving fatalities.
We are quite sure he's dead, pretty damn sure (pending autopsy) it was due to an OD on illegal drugs, and I find it quite credible that more was found in his apartment.
I see little parallel to skydiving.
How about swooping?
Last time I checked, Heroin was illegal in all US states and almost all nations.

Do you not empathize with an individual if they died BASE jumping in a National Park? Let's say for instance, Jan Davis.

Does illegality really toggle your empathy subroutine?

Are you confusing BASE with swooping now?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.