Cajundude

Jagger girlfriend, found dead...

She probably used a scarf because a thin rope would have left marks.

She's a woman; it's more likely that she had a scarf with her and not a thin rope.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

lawrocket

[Reply]Find an actual note and you've got something,

Most people who commit suicide don't leave notes. The highest estimate is 1 in 3. The lowest estimates are 1 in 6.

Be that as it may, it's not a suicide until there is much better evidence than a typical "breaking" news report.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If it was that simple, suicide would be easily preventable.

The problem is that it is not that simple. Too many treat these issues as personality problems. Signs of weakness of the mind. Something that people just lack the "proper" perspective that just showing people the light can make them want to live.

It is not like that. Indeed, one of the key reasons people don't get help is the stigma that attaches and condemns a person to the collective judgment of a nation that sees them as weak of character as opposed to an illness that that requires lengthy - sometimes lifelong - management.

The stigma associated with it and the lifetime penalties they will face because of that stigma should they be stupid enough to actually seek help will mean that the person thinks that his or her life is ruined if he or she gets the needed help.

And we wonder why people are offing themselves. A well known designer whom everyone thinks highly of is put on TMZ tomorrow for being hospitalized for depression? Why, she's got no reason to be depressed!

In a world where everyone tells you how great you've got it, it's easier to see why people want to escape a world that refuses to see things from their perspective and will greet them with ridicule should they actually seek help.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

If it was that simple, suicide would be easily preventable.

The problem is that it is not that simple. Too many treat these issues as personality problems. Signs of weakness of the mind. Something that people just lack the "proper" perspective that just showing people the light can make them want to live.

It is not like that. Indeed, one of the key reasons people don't get help is the stigma that attaches and condemns a person to the collective judgment of a nation that sees them as weak of character as opposed to an illness that that requires lengthy - sometimes lifelong - management.

The stigma associated with it and the lifetime penalties they will face because of that stigma should they be stupid enough to actually seek help will mean that the person thinks that his or her life is ruined if he or she gets the needed help.

And we wonder why people are offing themselves. A well known designer whom everyone thinks highly of is put on TMZ tomorrow for being hospitalized for depression? Why, she's got no reason to be depressed!

In a world where everyone tells you how great you've got it, it's easier to see why people want to escape a world that refuses to see things from their perspective and will greet them with ridicule should they actually seek help.

Well said.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

skymama

She probably used a scarf because a thin rope would have left marks.

She's a woman; it's more likely that she had a scarf with her and not a thin rope.

Exactly. If I wanted to off myself I have no rope but I do have some really pretty silk scarves. None that I'd like to ruin though. :D
Always be kinder than you feel.

NWFlyer

***If it was that simple, suicide would be easily preventable.

Well said.

+ 1

***I think the saddest thing is how much she HAD in her life, but still threw it away. I've read of bridge jumpers who survived that said the moment they jumped to kill themselves, they regretted it and wanted to live. God, what a way to clear your head. :S:S[:/]

One good reason to go to Bridge Day.

wayneflorida

***I think the saddest thing is how much she HAD in her life, but still threw it away. I've read of bridge jumpers who survived that said the moment they jumped to kill themselves, they regretted it and wanted to live. God, what a way to clear your head. :S:S[:/]

One good reason to go to Bridge Day.

And pull!

JohnMitchell

Exactly. If I wanted to off myself I have no rope but I do have some really pretty silk scarves. None that I'd like to ruin though. :D

It would be better just to use those for getting a little tied up.;)

:D:D

Stabilize and restrain the feet.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

JohnMitchell

:o I trust no one that much right now. :D

turtlespeed

Rope-a-dope? :D

Chuck

turtlespeed

You just want to nibble on the toes.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

You just want to nibble on the toes.:P

Maybe.:|

You would too.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun