Rover

What a dickhead!

Remster

And why is he a dickhead

Besides burning a site and vandalizing the gondola?

And having gone to all that trouble only doing a 4 second freefall and then squealing like a girl the whole way down. :S
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

Rover

And why is he a dickhead

And having gone to all that trouble only doing a 4 second freefall and then squealing like a girl the whole way down. :S

I vote dickhead. Now his whuffo girlfriend knows he's gay.

Some of the comments on the vid suggest he's in legal trouble now.

Rover

And why is he a dickhead

LOL...I thought the exact same thing when I saw that.

Burned a site, damaged property, giggled like a 12 year old girl - for a hop & pop, & then flew out to the super toolies to land alone and hoof it in. The only thing he didn't do was bust a leg landing in a tree and turn himself into a giant shitsicle!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hellis

And why is he a dickhead? Because he's having more fun than you? ;)

IMO, because he uploaded a 4 min video with less than 1 min of it beeing worth watching.
You can even trim videos after uploading them to youtube I believe.

Yes, you can edit Youtube videos online, but I didn't mind the glimpses of his partner-in-crime.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

not sure,,,,but i would THINK that the gondola would have an interlock AND switch.....
which would prevent it's movement Unless ALL doors are closed and Latched...:|

was that a frozen River that he chose for a landing..??:S
why not select what looked like a road/path to the side of the frame???
..nothin' like a one man show to impress a girl :|

i like the thread title...:)can't help but be Drawn , to THAT ;)

jmy

It's been reported that the girl in the video has been arrested.

I am not against people doing these sorts of jumps, but you need to be smart about posting things on YouTube. There is little difference in posting a video like this and posting a video of driving a car or motorcycle at extreme speeds on the public roads. Nothing good can come of it. You will get caught because the police do monitor YouTube. Plus the best BASE jumps are when the only people who know about the jump are the jumper(s) and any possible ground crew. There is always the chance that some 3rd party person could witness a BASE jump, but why would you advertize to the world by posting the jump on YouTube? If someone is jumping at a legal site, then by all means post away. But if you are jumping at a questionable exit point, keep the jump to yourself.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

jimmytavino

not sure,,,,but i would THINK that the gondola would have an interlock AND switch.....
which would prevent it's movement Unless ALL doors are closed and Latched...:|

was that a frozen River that he chose for a landing..??:S
why not select what looked like a road/path to the side of the frame???
..nothin' like a one man show to impress a girl :|

i like the thread title...:)can't help but be Drawn , to THAT ;)

jmy

Poor planning.... I think I saw they arrested the girl when she got to the other side... and the RCMP was chasing Mr Giggily around but did not get him.

Both needed to jump... There needed to be a pre-positioned quad or snowmobile for a hasty exit. I mean you know where you will be landing... with the exit pretty easy to determine. And editing of the video to mask the faces of the guilty... just sayin..

I notice most people seem to think it's all about him being stupid enough to post the video or her staying in the car to get busted. What about the $10,000 vandalism of the (3 sets) of safety arrangements on the car door. I am not a base jumper but I realize all the jumps aren't legal. But willful serious damage..?
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

doog

I notice most people seem to think it's all about him being stupid enough to post the video or her staying in the car to get busted. What about the $10,000 vandalism of the (3 sets) of safety arrangements on the car door. I am not a base jumper but I realize all the jumps aren't legal. But willful serious damage..?

Fair point: not just "don't burn the site", but don't damage it, either.
That point was made in the comments, to which a "rebutter" speculated that the business owner probably got more than $10k worth of publicity out of the deal. [:/] Sigh. Attaboy, dude, for missing the point.

...but why would you advertise to the world by posting the jump on YouTube?

Because it's NOT about experiencing the event anymore, it's all about lookie at this - ME SO COOL!

Time was, you burned a site big time like that...half a dozen guys knocked on your door with a pail of tar and a bag of feathers.

THAT would be worth posting in MeTube! :ph34r:

doog

As I said.. poor planning even with the door locks.

airtwardo

Because it's NOT about experiencing the event anymore, it's all about lookie at this - ME SO COOL!

Time was, you burned a site big time like that...half a dozen guys knocked on your door with a pail of tar and a bag of feathers.

I'm all for bringing that shit back.

P.S. I've seen that video.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

diablopilot

I'm all for bringing that shit back.

P.S. I've seen that video.

Makes all misty for the Good Old Days! ;):ph34r:

Too bad he convinced the girl to be part of that. She didn't deserve that. See how scared she seemed?

Breaking stuff is not OK. What that guy Graham did was straight up vandalism. That site had been jumped with permission before and who knows how many times with out anyone knowing.

It was a dick move to involve someone he was trying to impress. I'm sure she's impressed alright. She could have said no... Of course... But it seemed exciting so why not?

It was a dick move to damage anything at all.

It was stupid to post it. I don't know when the girl was arrested but hopefully the cops were professional.

Good times. It boggles my tiny brain how idiotic that whole event was.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto