madyuck

Mirage G4 or Infinity

I am going to buy a new container, and im trying to decide between a mirage G4 and an Infinity. The price difference is only about 500$ so im not too worried about that. I am going to get hip rings on either one. I have tried them both on, and they both fell very comfortable to me. I'm kinda leaning towards the G4 only because of the pin cover flap goes up instead of the Infinity pin flap goes down and curls under becuase of ease of packing and pin checks. If anyone could give me their input that would be great. I'm really stuck between which one to get.

Thanks,
Jeff

$500 difference isn't important? Damn, wish I had your gear budget.

Anyway, I love my Infinity. Main flap has never budged regardless of whether I'm belly flying, sit flying, tracking or otherwise flailing around in the sky. Customer service from the manufacturer is above and beyond what I'd expect. And I think it looks damn sexy too. ;)

To Infinity and Beyond! B|

I will apologize in advance, but personally, I think G4s are a bit ugly, for all that it matters (not much, of course).
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I went with Mirage G4. That was 10 months and 400+ dives ago on the rig. I've used it for AFF, FS, freefly, Birdman, and I have no complaints at all. Justin was incredible on the customer support side. In January, I'll get a Mirage G3 as a wingsuit rig.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Infinity...

Awesome construction, great pin protection, riser covers are bombproof, rigger frirendly, excellent customer service, great delivery times.

Not to mention you will have $500 for jump tickets to jump the hell out of your new Inifinity.

Mirage makes a good rig but in my opinion, yet many of they features are overdone. They end up putting more work into certain areas of the rig that don't need to be there and end up charging you for it.

You really can't go wrong with either but I would take an Infinity over a Mirage any day of the week.... I own two Infinity rigs and am about to get a 3rd.

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

yet many of they features are overdone. They end up putting more work into certain areas of the rig that don't need to be there and end up charging you for it.

Like which features are "over done"

I like both the Infinity and Mirage, however I prefer the upward facing main pin flap so I would go Mirage.

Are there really any differences that I should be aware of before I choose one???

Hell, you've already mentioned 500 of them.
There is a reason Infinity owners are so loyal, and it's not the money. VSE makes a bulletproof rig at a damn good price backed w/ customer service that will absolutely blow you away.

I've jumped both Mirages and Infinities and packed both even more as a paid packer. Both rigs are excelelnt and in the end your decision should be based off which ever one you can get the better price on.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

You won't go go wrong with the Infinity. Great rig and great people make it. Not to worry about the tuck flap. It just doesnt' come open. People always comment on how tight it is. I have only had mine come open once, and that was doing 10 way and I got smashed against the door VERY VERY hard. Caught the bruises to show for it.

4 weeks or so on an Inifinity is almost to good to pass up! Save the 500.00 and go jump more! IMHO you can't beat Velocity Sports for their overall care and customer service. The rig is second to none!
Dom

Wow! I want to thank all of you that are supporting our product in this forum. I will be the first to say that Kelly has extermely good customer service and builds a quality container. There are major design differences between both rigs and i would be happy to point out the differences between both. Your dealer there at Air Ohio orders a lot of rigs from us and could also help you with this. I really appreciate Adam Buckners comment about our container being overdone and will take that as a compliment. Our delivery times are running 6-8 weeks as well. If you have any questions, please call me at 386-740-9222 or send me an e-mail to [email protected].

Why do you like the upfacing main pin cover over the Infinity's Main Pin cover? The Infinity's main cover flap is undoubtedly more secure. Mirage does a good job with the upfacing Pin cover though.

I chose the Infinity due to the Type 7 Harness, the well designed riser covers, The ease of packing the reserve. The Reserve pilot chute design.

It's a simple well designed comfortable rig. The customer service I've recieved has been second to none.

Ok, to comment on the previous post, we use the reverse closing system because for us it eliminates a wear point on the rig during opening sequence. So the rig will still give you the same pin protection thousands of jumps later.

We also have type-7 webbing standard on all of our harnesses except for the Unisyn which we use type 8 for flexability and softness. The Unisyn harness was tested at loads many times higher than the human body could survive so the strength and the integrity of the harness is not an issue.

I will close with once again stating that Velocity Sports makes a quality container and has great customer service.

I have the pleasure of owning both containers, and I can't say a bad word about either of them.

Each one has a couple of features I really like.

If money is no object the Mirage G4 is a great choice, I really like the tuck tab freefly/pull out handle.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Hello, I buy recently one G4 and is a incredible Rig, the finished one is exceptional and it is very comfortable with the unisyn option, i prefer the pin protection of the mirage. If the money is no problem i prefer the mirage but the Infinity is a very good option.
Saludetes para todos...
El Hispano
Hispa #11