JohnMitchell

This weekend. . .

Hi John

Had a great weekend to.

Weather was great, not to hot or cold, got a lot of chores done around the house, and yard. Fixed part of my exterior water supply problem.

Watched a family of three bald eagles flying over head, momma dear and two young ones crossing the road, lots of birds learning to fly with their parents.:)
Spelling and grammer police:S stay away:P

R.

One Jump Wonder

8 jumps, 4 from the top and 4 from 5k doing a canopy course. Got my CH2, JM1 and my B licence. Pretty much got my sitflying sorted, Also nailed 5 pre-declared landings in a row. Beer has been bought and drank!

I've had worse weekends.

We spent 12 hours on Saturday driving across the state and back and helping one of the kids move. That about took care of Saturday!
On Sunday, we started prepping the house for our annual July 4th party. Normiss loves the honey-do lists I make for him. :):ph34r:

Edit: I added his crafty repurposing project that he did. B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Went motorcycling in New England. Boy it's sure different from doing it on the coastal prairie of Texas! Gorgeous

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

0;0;0 :(

Had a big S/L group out (the same group I started with), got them trained on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend sitting on the ground looking up at 1500' overcast saying "Well, this sucks."

On the plus side, the new lawn tractor showed up, so we put one of the guys on a creeper with an old pilot rig (round) behind it and towed him around a while. Yeah, we were bored.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The mister and I enjoyed some beautiful hiking up on Guanella Pass, got caught in a snowstorm around 12,000ft :P

Then back in the city, we live about 2 blocks from the Botanic Gardens where we're members and there is a Chihuly exhibit going on all throughout the gardens...so cool

wmw999

Went motorcycling in New England. Boy it's sure different from doing it on the coastal prairie of Texas! Gorgeous

It is beautiful back there, isn't it? Ya know, our DZ is right on Highway 101, one of the most scenic drives in the country. You should scooter up here. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cog1eSmGvfk&feature=kp

skybytch

I spent Saturday being diagnosed with appendicitis, then having the offending organ removed. Sunday was spent vomiting and whining about pain. I may do some more of that today.

Oooooh, that totally sucks! [:/]

I got some leftover percosets from my last broken bone. ;)

Hope you're feeling better very, very soon.

skybytch

I spent Saturday being diagnosed with appendicitis, then having the offending organ removed. Sunday was spent vomiting and whining about pain. I may do some more of that today.

Everyone thinks I'm an alien since (one) of my scars from my appendectomy is on my left side, the other two in the middle...everyone tells me the appendix should be on the right side :|

Put a winter's worth of 4way FS tunnel training to use in an NSL meet with my team--did 8 jumps from the A class NSL pool, finished with an 11 point average which was great as it was very block heavy.

Capped it off with a 15 way sunset load:

[inline sunset.jpg]

3mpire

Put a winter's worth of 4way FS tunnel training to use in an NSL meet with my team--did 8 jumps from the A class NSL pool, finished with an 11 point average which was great as it was very block heavy.

Capped it off with a 15 way sunset load:

That's a kick ass weekend you guys had. No wonder I didn't see you down South. B|

Nice sunset load, BTW. :)

skybytch

Ok, that puts mine in perspective.
Sorry to hear you had to go through that. BTDT, I know how bad it sucks.
Glad to hear you're on the mend.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

skybytch

On a happy note at least they were able to correctly diagnose it before it popped. :)
Had a friend that was misdiagnosed with a std. Then the apendix burst and she spent a long time in the hospital getting the mess getting cleaned up.:(
One Jump Wonder