chutingstar

Harness Machine Advice

I just did a bunch of research on harness stichers. That one looks great. I doubt that anyone is pnying up $5K for it, but I am sure it will do what you want. If you don't mind spending 2K, there are lots of choices. Consew has several machines that will stich 1" material with 415 thread (5 cord is 346), and they are only $3k brand new. Look around. Depending on what you want to spend and how quickly you need it, you can pick up used ones for $700 to $1500.

Consew has several machines that will stich 1" material

To add, simliar 7xx consews are part interchangable, but I don't think that machine (who can tell?) is as heavy duty as a 7 or 35k class singer, more like a 45k singer.

Stop bidding on my bartacker!
--
drop zone (drop'zone) n. An incestuous sesspool of broken people. -- Attributed to a whuffo girlfriend.

Stop bidding on my bartacker!

Yeah, yeah, yeah...but it looks so much nicer than the bartacker I currently own...that gives me fits every other day. Actually, I'm trying to get my bid cancelled because it looks to be a 28-stitch machine and I don't want to deal with getting it switched to 42-stitch.

Thanks for the info on the harness machines...I'll keep looking. I am willing to spend a bit more for a newer machine that is ready-to-go rather than one that needs repair.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Hi, Terry!

I think, you are referring to: Sewing Machine Sales
7922Hill Ave.
P.O. Box 544
Holland, Ohio 43528
Ph: (419) 866 - 5558
Hope, this helps. I found a 7-33 and a 7-34 at a tent and awning company. I kept the 7-33 because of the larger bobbin than the 7-34. I re-finished the table and stand and only had to clean and oil the 'head'. I got the specs for the presser foot from Sandy Reid. It allows close stitching near hardware. Does a great job.

Chuck

Terry:
I believe the company is Keystone that you are looking for. Mel has the info on them.
Mike:
I know where there is a 7-33 0n a table, but the guy wants about 2,500 for it. If you are interested send me an E-mail. I will be coming your way at the end of the month and could bring it to you. The ones on E-bay are 7-33 knock offs. their ad use to say that the 7-33 parts where interchangeable but they changed it.
Mike Gainey
Master Rigger
DPRE

Just got it, so very limited info. There seems to be adequate workspace. The 10" width seems more like a foot, and the working height under the arm is fairly high. I can't see how you wouldn't be able to work on whatever you wanted, but its fair to say that 15" of workspace would be better than 10. YMMV

Cya.