gowlerk

Distracted walking death-Darwin award worthy

gowlerk
Oh hell yes. [:/] I'm amazed at pedestrians who march out in traffic without a glance at the cars, head down on their cell phones. Gopros hurt skydivers, texting kills drivers, selfies cause fatal falls.

Think, people, think! :S

Rick

I had some moron walk out in front of me in a parking lot without even looking up from their cell phone :S

glad I wasn't texting or I would have hit her :)

Yeah, and I don't think the courts would care whether they were "distracted walking" or not. I think pedestrians always have the right of way regardless as long as they aren't jaywalking.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

Yeah, and I don't think the courts would care whether they were "distracted walking" or not. I think pedestrians always have the right of way regardless as long as they aren't jaywalking.

Vskydiver and I witnessed a guy hit a jay-running pedestrian in FL last May. Totally not the driver's fault and the jay-er was an idiot, but I'm sure the driver spent a lot of $$$ by the time it was done. :S>:([:/]

I was hit off my bike by a car when I was 14. Even though I had right of way and a green light, the driver making a right turn on a red just "didn't see me." I had just moved from a state where they didn't have that law yet, so this guy really took me by surprise, since I had always been taught to ride defensively.

When I see people just saunter out into traffic without a single glance, I just want to yell to them that there's a limited future in that. :S

JohnMitchell

***Not exactly distracted walking death, but definitely a Darwin award nominee...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/man-dies-in-germany-after-blowing-up-condom-machine/ar-BBnZhv7?li=BBnb4R7

:D:D Brilliant criminal masterminds. . .

Maybe doing the world a favour by not wanting to reproduce....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

JohnMitchell

Ho-lee $hit. I would have bet the house that bridge was gonna fail. :D

Indeed!
I was kind of disappointed at the end.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ramalamading

***That was super sad, you sock puppet.

Yes it was.

So says the person with no identifying information in their profile...

Says the person who apparently is unaware of the PhillyKev incident.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

oldwomanc6

Here's another:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5b1_1451619783
That was super sad, you sock puppet.

This one has a happier ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEI-iDxfj0M:D

ryoder

******That was super sad, you sock puppet.

Yes it was.

So says the person with no identifying information in their profile...

Says the person who apparently is unaware of the PhillyKev incident.
Don't know who that is or what happened to him/her. But if this is a sensitive subject here, I would just point out that I didn't start the topic. I just responded to what was already in progress...

Someone (I don't recall who) got PO'd at PhillyKev. They went to his profile and found enough info to identify him and who his employer was. They called the employer and told them PhillyKev had been on posting on dropzone.com during working hours, and provided the forum URL.

Results:
- PhillyKev was fired.
- Everyone stripped the personal info out of their profiles.

ryoder

Someone (I don't recall who) got PO'd at PhillyKev. They went to his profile and found enough info to identify him and who his employer was. They called the employer and told them PhillyKev had been on posting on dropzone.com during working hours, and provided the forum URL.

Results:
- PhillyKev was fired.
- Everyone stripped the personal info out of their profiles.

Ah, I see. Thanks for those details. I thought maybe he was someone who was killed while distracted walking, since that's the subject of this thread, and someone mentioned "sensitivity" regarding him.

oldwomanc6

Here's another:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5b1_1451619783
That was super sad, you sock puppet.

I wonder . . . Would a life proof case have helped, or was it the cause?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun