JohnMitchell

Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing

SkyDekker

We went to Universal as well, though not the Island of Adventure park....the regular park I guess. The Harry Potter part was insanely busy, unbelievable.

The Harry Potter part is part of the Islands of Adventure, located up in the 2 o'clock position on the map. The rest of the park follows a big circle around the lake. We've done both of their parks several times. IOA is our favorite, but the other one is very fun too.

I think we might go back down there next Spring. Maybe stay with Mark and Skymama. :)

SkyDekker

To the person who PM'd me asking how come there appears to be a black kid in my family.......really?!?!?!?!

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

As the very proud father-in-law of a drop dead beautiful mixed race daughter-in-law and the uncle of a young black man, this just grinds me to no end!

JohnMitchell

We went to Universal as well, though not the Island of Adventure park....the regular park I guess. The Harry Potter part was insanely busy, unbelievable.

The Harry Potter part is part of the Islands of Adventure, located up in the 2 o'clock position on the map. The rest of the park follows a big circle around the lake. We've done both of their parks several times. IOA is our favorite, but the other one is very fun too.

I think we might go back down there next Spring. Maybe stay with Mark and Skymama. :)
when my son was young we would get season passes every year for Universal we always liked it more than Disney

my company did all the signs for the mummy and fear factor rides as well as several of the kiosks. the last one we did was the Circus McGirkus (photo attached) restaurant in Suess land we love the Universal stuff always fun custom signs

maybe I will see you in the spring :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Camping is fun, right?

Drying out after 3 days of rain. Lucky to have a good tent, last night felt like I had a waterbed ;)
B|
Stayed mostly dry inside whilst sleeping in lake polovnik.

Hopefully dries up for the weekend. We have some hiking to do in the Julien alps this weekend :)

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Rick

my company did all the signs for the mummy and fear factor rides as well as several of the kiosks. the last one we did was the Circus McGirkus (photo attached) restaurant in Suess land we love the Universal stuff always fun custom signs

Very nice. B| All the decorating in that park is top notch. Vskydiver said that Dr. Suess Land was just like being in one of his books. Even though our kids were fairly old, even the first time there, they loved every bit of it.

It would be cool to meet up with you. I'll keep you posted. :)

Taking pictures, some up close, of various little critters and wildlife around the machine shop that I work at.

Spider - this one measured 3 inches long from back leg to front leg tips. Doesn't move fast at all. Pretty docile.

Spider1 - zoomed in and cropped. Cue the music from Arachnophobia. :ph34r:

Beetle - Not sure what kind this is, but its head was interesting.

Beetle4 - same critter, but zoomed in and cropped.

Stag beetle - This one does aggressive posturing when threatened as it was doing at the time of the pic right after I blew on it.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

More critter pics...

Moth - This is an Eastern Tent Caterpillar Moth. It sure was an attention grabber. Made me do a double-take while walking by the machine it was on...

moth1 - same critter, zoomed in and cropped

turtle - I think this is a box turtle.

turtle1 - same critter, zoomed way in... pretty eyes.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Lol did you THANK them for pointing that out? Obviously they see differences where if your family is like ours at all we only see similarities.

Gotta feel sorry for ignorance/stupidity.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

JohnMitchell

Those bug pics??:o

I ain't visiting if you have spiders like that! :D

I like to torture Lawrocket with those pics.... :ph34r:

I've actually captured a beautiful black widow live once before. Man was she an angry bitch... :o:D

Rick

To the person who PM'd me asking how come there appears to be a black kid in my family.......really?!?!?!?!

WTF is wrong with people :S

Whoever sent that PM should be thankful that Skydekker didn't out him/her in public in that post.

Don't make him change his mind. :|

Totally high jacking the thread but it's a funny story. My brother did this to our mom.

My youngest brother (Nigerian descent) was with our mom at the dentist when someone mentioned that she was white. My brother grabbed his chested and yelled " MOM, your white!!" Then pretended to have a heart attack.
At the time he was about 6' and weighed about 200 lbs.
She almost killed him! Lol lol
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

JohnMitchell

Whoever sent that PM should be thankful that Skydekker didn't out him/her in public in that post.

Good thing Skydekker is cool. Someday the world will be color blind. B|

Then what will we do to eff things up? :D

I didn't even notice. The thing I noticed was that it looked like wedding pics with the Bride and Flower Girl (or best gal) in white and everyone all dolled up.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

BillyVance

More critter pics...

Moth - This is an Eastern Tent Caterpillar Moth. It sure was an attention grabber. Made me do a double-take while walking by the machine it was on...

moth1 - same critter, zoomed in and cropped

turtle - I think this is a box turtle.

turtle1 - same critter, zoomed way in... pretty eyes.

Yup, box turtle :P have to look deep into my past posts on how I know that one....looks to be 16+ years old

ETA: Based on the pic, looks like the plastron (underside) of the turtle is flat, which means it is female :$