Reno1967

Passed AFF at age 42!

Just passed AFF on Nov. 3rd. No repeat jumps, but had my first reserve ride down after a tension knot spinning cut-away on jump number 6. Can't believe it happened, but it sure built up my confidence! Made 11 more solo jumps that week! Not bad for an older gal....
No regrets.....

Congrats on passing AFF, youngster.. I started skydiving at 57, two years ago. Good job with the reserve ride. I had my first from the same thing at about jump 35. It did make me feel good to know that I was able to deal with it competently. Welcome to skydiving. Where did you do AFF?
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Just passed AFF on Nov. 3rd. No repeat jumps, but had my first reserve ride down after a tension knot spinning cut-away on jump number 6. Can't believe it happened, but it sure built up my confidence! Made 11 more solo jumps that week! Not bad for an older gal....

CONGRATS! I started at 41. Got my POPS# before my A license.:)
POPS #3671

So glad to hear there are other gals out there who are new to this sport and aren't 20 years old! My DZ is in Lodi, CA. You?

My home dz is in Star, Idaho, but I get around a bit. I've made two twips to Lodi so far and am thinking about headingthat direction afain in March if I can, Maybe I'll get to meet you then, Do you knwo Fozz?
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Welcome, its always great to see you youngsters getting into the sport;)
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

My home DZ is Lodi too. Do you live in Reno? I do...the jumpers in this area are always planning carpools down there. If you're interested, PM me and we will get in touch! Congrats on AFF!
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

CONGRATS! I started at 41. Got my POPS# before my A license.:)
POPS #3671

====> LOL! Me too! I hope to make my check dive on my 63rd birthday this April! Although the (&^$*^%$) WEATHER in New England makes that tough! That is why (mostly) it has taken this long!
Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118