RiggerLee

New Polar Bear Tickaller

New Bang stick is in. Bad news is the 50 cal barral was not ready in time. Jease you'd think 8 months would be enough lead time. They had to ship it with a 457. It's a slightly longer version of a 45-70. The brass is thicker and allows it to be loaded hotter. It will be a lot nicer to jump with.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

Sweeeeeet! Anything that flies or goes BOOM!

It will be a lot nicer to jump with.

For what, shooting the security guards? :o
Looking for newbie rig, all components...

in baffin island the security guards wear thick white fur coats that are impenetrable to lesser-powered weapons...
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

It will be a lot nicer to jump with.

For what, shooting the security guards? :o

Is this the type of guard you want to mess with?:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

They are pricey. They are Slow. But they do good work.

http://www.wildwestguns.com/CoPilot_And_Guide_Rifles/body_copilot_and_guide_rifles.html

Lee
Lee
[email protected]

So is it a rifle or a shotgun?

I'm completely clueless when it comes to guns, I'm Australian! :)

So is it a rifle or a shotgun?

I'm completely clueless when it comes to guns, I'm Australian! :)

Rifle. To the best of my knowledge I don't think I have ever seen a lever action shotgun.
SabreDave

Not a silly question. There are in fact lever action shot guns. Or there were at one time.

http://iacshotguns.com/87w.html

This is a Rifle. It's built off a Marlin. An 1895xlr to be specefic. That's a dime by the muzel. It's 45 cal. chambered in 457 see link. Not the most powerful cartrage around but it's a take down and cheeper then some of the bolt action take down that were out there. The 50 alaskan has a good bit more ass but it wasn't going to be ready in time.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]

I saw the lever and thought "Didn't Arnie have a lever action shotgun in T2 when he was riding his bike shooting the locks on the fences open?".... And that's the extent of my firearm knowledge, movies and video games.

I don't think I have ever seen a lever action shotgun.

Lever Action Shotgun.

For those like Tyrion, from the gunless parts of the world, windy days in Twin Falls offers a tour of Sportsman's Warehouse, just a few steps from the bridge, where you can see hundreds of firearms.

Tyrion, you can tell the difference between rifles and shotguns in casual conversation because shotguns are generally described as "gauge" (which refers to the diameter of the barrel), like a "12 gauge shotgun," whereas rifles are generally designated in inches or millimeters (like Lee's .50 or .45 caliber, which indicates a barrel measuring .5 or .45 inches in diameter).

If you want an incredibly detailed lecture on firearms, firearms terminology, or especially firearm politics, try PMing JohnRich.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Thanks, will have to stop by when I visit TF in the future. I'm not particularly interested in guns, I just don't like not knowing things, so I read/ask until I know.

For all practical perpouses the are no hand guns in Canada. Actualy it's all our fault here in the US. Remember we shipped most of our pinko hippy passafist north of the boarder back in the 60's. The have been breading and multipling up there. Now their spawn have taken over the goverment.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]

and now they're invading...
Web Design
Cleveland Skydiving
"Hey, these cookies don't taste anything like girl scouts..."

The have been breading and multipling up there. Now their spawn have taken over the goverment.

ouch lee, ouch.
i'm just an immigrant there... which means i get *free* healthcare! wahooo!!!!!
Nathan

JohnRich is pro-gun? I never would have guessed.:S:ph34r:

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

For all practical perpouses the are no hand guns in Canada.
Lee

Hmmmm, I guess the ones I have must be a halucination!?
Some facts from the US gov't......

There are an estimated 7.4 million firearms in Canada(NFA estimates 15 million), about 1.2 million of which are restricted firearms (mostly handguns). In the U.S., there are approximately 222 million firearms; 76 million of the firearms in circulation are handguns.
For 1987-96, on average, 65% of homicides in the U.S. involved firearms, compared to 32% for Canada
For 1987-96, the average firearm homicide rate was 5.7 per 100,000 in the U.S., compared to 0.7 per 100,000 for Canada.
For 1989-95, the average handgun homicide rate was 4.8 per 100,000 in the U.S., compared to 0.3 per 100,000 for Canada. Handguns were involved in more than half (52%) of the homicides in the U.S., compared to 14% in Canada.
For 1989-95, the average non-firearm homicide rate was 3.1 per 100,000 people in the U.S., compared to 1.6 per 100,000 for Canada.

Not packing handguns around doesn't mean we don't have them. We just don't have as many. Handgun registration has been in effect in this country since 1934. I like guns, I own guns but I am perfectly ok with not being able to pack a Glock around.

I would have to check but one used to be able to pack a pistol in areas such as Baffin and the far north for protection from bears and angry Muskox. My dad worked up above the arctic circle for awhile back in the day and packed a .44 with the blessings of the RCMP.
SabreDave

What's this got to do with basejumping?:(
Just try to find a gun forum on the internet.

BASE jumping in Baffin Island requires that teams in that area carry sufficient firepower to kill agressive Polar bear.

Lee and I are both taking trips up there this year.

Nice rifle Lee...I had never heard of a .457...just a .45-70.

I'm assuming you want a super hot load behind what, a 540ish grain bullet?!?

Holy makerel, that's a big bullet...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

The standard minemum equipment list for a trip like this is a little diffrent from normal jumps. It incudes things like:
Crampons
ice axe
liquid fuel stove
bivi gear
rope
bolt kit
and a jumpable gun with some ass.

This is a base thread. I've had conversations with Chad and others over the years about how to jump gear down and this is one of the larger hurdles.
Restricted fire arms, I think that what they call it, are a pain. There are a few reasons why they will let an American bring a hand gun in. An established compatention, etc. Very restrictive. Where will it be stored, what route will it take, etc. Big hassle. There is no way they would just let you wonder around with a good hand canon. A manual gun like that lever action is relatively easy to get in if you are headed up to the wilds. There are provisions spicificly for that.
The statistics he is quoteing make my point for me. If I need to kill some one. I want my gun with me. It's much safer to cap some one with a gun then to get close enough to use a knife. Those numbers simple show that you do not have an adaquite number of fire arms in your country and that they are not easly enough accessable. Go to our web site and look at the humorous T-shirts. I think you'll get my point.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]