swooper120

cutting trees down for landing area

I was wondering how many of u guys out there,
have cut down trees to make your landing areas bigger. I go there every once in a while and take one down. all together I would say about 5 but theres. still 2 more huge tress left the only problem is this site is in the middle of town and i dont want to get cought. but i feel like what im doing is wrong am i wrong or right im new to this sport but my mentor told me to do it so i listend. how ever im starting to think hes insane.

Hello,
Whatever "u guys" think,
if you feel wrong about something, don't do it.
Make your mentor go down there and cut them himself.
Then you could enjoy safer BASE jumps with a clear conscience.
Remember, trees are a renewable resource.
Mahalo & God bless you.
Avery
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

he say's clearing BASE sites driving him all over gods creation and carring his beer is part of my training
slash hazing

...im starting to think hes insane.

Actually, it sounds like he's calming down a lot. He had his last student knocking down buildings to clear landing areas.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

i know of a site where taking down trees is okay. the annual spring runoff usually takes them out anyway. they are more shrubs than trees anyways.

Make your mentor go down there and cut them himself.

Their mentor hires a 17 year-old soon to be BASE jumper to do the dirty jobs.
You know you have a problem when maggot is the voice of reason at the exit points

I told u your not aloud on the base zone now get your ass to the bridge and cut down those tress. just for this u have to carry my rig up the A"s this weekend with a 12 pack in my stash bag u putz
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

tell your mentor to man up and take the tree landing. I've logged 7 so far and 3 of them were intentional. it's just like skiing through them, focus on the space between not on the branches. feet and knees together, full flare at the top and cover your balls. it doesn't hurt to fly a piece of shit canopy like I do either.
my mentor actually had a chinsaw and a pillow to muffle the noise in the trunk.....I'm just a friggin hippy. he did make me drive ungodly amounts of miles and buy the beer also.... just the price you pay in the beginning, pretty soon you'll have your own little newbies to buy your bevys. shit we even make the groundcrew buy and they don't even get to jump!

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

.... my mentor actually had a chinsaw and a pillow to ....

I had to do an analysis for my Machine Design, Mechanical Engineering course this summer. The kid who was to write the report since I did all of the Engineering analysis, spelled "Chainsaw" "Chinsaw" atleast 50 times throuhout the report. I was so ticked at him because of course this was emailed to me at 11:30 PM the night before it was due and I pretty much had to rewrite the entire report. I hate that kid now..... I will refer to him as the chinsaw idiot from now on.

DBR

and here I was thinking it was bad karma to clear landing areas of poison ivy with Round-up...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

tell your mentor to learn flying his canopy,so he can avoid the trees:P

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

all together I would say about 5 but theres. still 2 more huge tress left the only problem is this site is in the middle of town and i dont want to get cought.

HAHA, 5?? yea, 5 today! pretty soon youll have clear cut all the way to the landing area! plus i also must add the boomstick designed by Smizo enterprizes inc. and NickNitro Rigging LLC, is going to work perfectly. I wonder if Nick would be my mentour in rigging so i can someday learn to build something with such high level of precesion, such perfection and quality as shown in the boomstick construction. demonstration pictures will be posted tomorow. later

-smizo

analysis...Machine Design, Mechanical Engineering..... shit give me another beer, and you wont be able to recognise my intended words..... chinsaw, chainsaw, his mom's chin rest for my nuts.... what the f's the diference anyway....

PS: hey hydroguy..... did you know that a gallon of roundup will kill the oldest maple in the forest? soak the roots and come back in the spring...... voila... clear LZ's for all.

"Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
Hunter S. Thompson

any time u want to have a canopy contest. just put your money where your mouth is
TOSS MY SALAD
I'm an invincible re-tarded ninja
derka derka bakala bakala muhammad jihad

no need to if my lz aint ok im not jumping.. that simpel..

I did catch my trees through..i dont blame the trees or the object only me as the "pilot"..

by the way your saying your a mentor?

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

We have a nice little bridge here in Southern California that gets jumped by those who are capable, but the LZ is very bad, a few very small (coffee table sized) open areas surrounded by trees and rocks. Some land on the 45 degree slopes on the sides but that's dicey too.

The thought of taking a chainsaw (you'd really need a bulldozer) and making it better has come up from time to time, but no one has ever done it. It's the leave only footprints and take only pictures kind of thing. Besides, if someone did clear it out, making it an "easier" jump, the site would have been burned years ago as there's a police sub-station right up the road. One fellow that jumps the bridge knows it probably means canopy damage, but he's a master rigger, and he just goes home and fixes it. That's a lot cooler than taking a saw to the place . . .

On the other hand I don’t have a problem with moving a few rocks like is done at Bridge Day, but cutting down trees is a bit much . . . And while I realize there are places in the world where no one would know you did it, it's still not right. However, jumpers, over the years, have been "manicuring" the LZ at Bridge Day, either covertly, or by the sheer number of tree strikes that happen there every year and no one says much about it.

This is like busting a lock to gain entry to a roof or crane. Some people don’t think twice about it, and some would never even consider it – I think we'd be better off hanging on to the idea of the latter . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

I told u your not aloud on the base zone now get your ass to the bridge and cut down those tress. just for this u have to carry my rig up the A"s this weekend with a 12 pack in my stash bag u putz

Deja Vu!!!! Where have I heard this before??:P
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I can think of at least one legal site where the landing area was essentially manufactured by cutting away jungle, with the permission of the park service that owns the cliff.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Didn't you know? Magot is actually my second login. The real Maggot doesn't even own a computer. We just created the login so that I could play "good cop, bad cop" and fool you all. It's part of our evil plot to take over the world.

edit to add: Ooops, I mean Magot is my 3rd login, after Skinflicka. It's so hard to keep all my schemes straight, here in my smoke filled control tower.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Didn't you know? Magot is actually my second login. The real Maggot doesn't even own a computer. We just created the login so that I could play "good cop, bad cop" and fool you all. It's part of our evil plot to take over the world.

edit to add: Ooops, I mean Magot is my 3rd login, after Skinflicka. It's so hard to keep all my schemes straight, here in my smoke filled control tower.

You really shouldn't eat the toadstools growing in the LZ, Tom.:D
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I was wondering how many of u guys out there,
have cut down trees to make your landing areas bigger. I go there every once in a while and take one down. all together I would say about 5 but theres. still 2 more huge tress left the only problem is this site is in the middle of town and i dont want to get cought. but i feel like what im doing is wrong am i wrong or right im new to this sport but my mentor told me to do it so i listend. how ever im starting to think hes insane.

It may be too late for you. Maggotism is beginning to take hold. You're already forgetting how to spell and use the shift key.

Next, you'll succumb to midnight urges to cruise Hunt's Point for dates.;)
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Maggotism, N, coined in 2006 to describe the general collapse of the sport of BASE jumping. A once proud endeavor infiltrated by too many people who just didn't give a fuck.

NickD :)BASE 194

is it me or is there some kind of vast maggotwing conspiracy going on?

I've always known Maggot was an icon but now he has become a cult.

I'm just happy I got see him flick with the forever banned nicknitro71 last night.

And if you guys think Maggot is radical get a hold of this:

Maggot, Nick and a third inexperienced jumper did a three way from 5K. Maggot jumping a RDS xaos 27 78, Nick his modified Alpha 99. Well they let the third jumper off at 3K.

Then Nick grabbed Maggot and did not let him go until they passed 1.5K. Maggot pulled at approximately that altitude before he was able to get his hand out the pulled sweater sleeve and Nick burnt it to 800 before going for the main.

The DZO wasn’t happy, Maggot, the devil himself wasn’t happy either.

Nick had a 15 sec canopy ride and a decent swoop.

Then they went for a sunset load at our local A where Maggot almost died one more time.

Bottom line NickD is that with all your mumbling around there are sons of the nineties out there who instead of sitting on their asses they are pushing the line because that is the only way they know.

If one day one of them goes in (very probable) you’ll be the first one pointing finger going “what a moron” or along those lines.

It seems to me you are just a fading flame because you never burst hard enough to extinguish yourself when it was the right time to go

We have a nice little bridge here in Southern California that gets jumped by those who are capable, but the LZ is very bad, a few very small (coffee table sized) open areas surrounded by trees and rocks. Some land on the 45 degree slopes on the sides but that's dicey too.

You must be talking about the same place I've thought about using the Roundup...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary