base428

Can Your Business and/or Skills Benefit the BASE Community?

I'm a mechanical engineer for a military contractor, but at night I operate Vertical Visions (videos, photos, event organization, web hosting, etc.). Some things I can offer include:

-Mechanical design of enclosures, exit platforms, camera equipment, helmet brackets, diving boards, bellymounts, etc. using Solidworks or Autocad.
-Web hosting for your domain, including Miva web stores to sell your products. I've got about 10 BASE jumpers on it already and it's underutilized.
-BASE event organizing, sponsorships, and insurance.

PS. What in the hell does Tom do?
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Professional forum moderator of course. It's a fulltime job , duh! :)

I'm primarily a carpenter/ supervisor for a large demolition/ construction company.
I also sell lewd photos of myself engaging in interpretive dance complete with full eye contact.

Oh, and I have a vending route.

I work for a small wine importing company. I can help BASE jumpers get intoxicated.

for some strange reason I thought your were an A&P mechanic :S

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Seconded; the man has skills!

Avenfoto's work is seriously awsome.

:$.....B|

Commercial helicopter/airplane pilot.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

helicopter/airplane pilot.

Hmmm. Can't think of any uses for that skill. Nope. None at all. Nothing to see here...

:o
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

i'm a sushi chef. if you like eating raw fish, and in southern california. hit me up and i'll give you the "bro" deal.

Dont die!

Seriously!? Dude, I love sushi. Seriously. It's like crack. How good of a deal? Like all you can eat?

Seriously!? Dude, I love sushi. Seriously. It's like crack. How good of a deal? Like all you can eat?

Dude! How can you like sushi and not come visit Vancouver? I'm sure Erik and Paul are bad-ass sushi chefs, but when you come jump some objects in Vancouver with me, I'll take you to a place that has Sushi that makes you feel as if there is an angel taking a dump on your tongue (actual Dutch saying).

Seriously, this place has the best sushi on the planet for an incrdibly low price. And I'm seriously picky about my sushi, having tried at least fifty different sushi restaurants around here. Man, just thinking about the salmon nigiri there makes me hungry. I'll have to go there tomorrow...

Ask Raistlin if you don't believe me.

Of course, the real reason you've not coming up here is that you're not good enough to jump our sketchy cliff. But don't worry, we understand... ;)

Seriously, this place has the best sushi on the planet for an incrdibly low price

BOLD statement! I did live in japan for a couple of years. But alright. When should I come up? I'm going to Twin Falls for the weekend, and then Moab for a week or so starting next weekend, then NorCal for Christmas. When's a good time?;)

When should I come up?

Anytime. It's a little windy these days :(, but the cliff is otherwise jumpable year round. In fact, it's beautiful in the winter when the surrounding mountains are covered in snow. There might be some snow on the exit point, but we'll just snowboard off of it or wipe it off...

Just let me know man. It's only a two hour drive for you and you already have a place to stay. You really have no excuse... :)

Master Rigger,have all the cool toys' just putting the finishing touches on my 2'nd version "cliff pack". For repairs, relines, major canopy and harness/container repair call or stop by. "If I can't fix it, I'll f**k it up so bad you will need a new one".

Is anyone here a web designer?

I'm currently designing one for myself, although it is far from professional and good looking. I can't even work with flash, just with html, javascript, div-layers etc... :$

Besides that, I'm studying in Ingeneering, so if I ever get my degree (very doubtfull) I maybe will start to design that perfect base canopy that always opens on heading and flies better with a line-over then without one... ;)

I really like taking pictures and video (with my digital camera, low on cash, can't buy a real videocam :() but I know nothing about photoshop or other things... :$

But most of all I ask Jaap all kind of stupid questions about base on msn ;) Thanks for that dude!

Nah, I don't have skills that can benefit the basecommunicty yet, or I have to find them...

I've got num-chuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills.

Jaap - is that the Holy Cleavland Steamer Roll?

and i thought I wasn't going to post anything for a while.

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

But most of all I ask Jaap all kind of stupid questions about base on msn.

For the record, I also give stupid answers. But I made that very clear to him, lest I give the impression that I know what I'm talking about. :S

it makes you feel as if there is an angel taking a dump on your tongue

I like that. I'll reuse it if you don't mind ;)

And yes, "good" Sushi after LDS is some good shit :P
Memento Audere Semper

And yes, "good" Sushi after LDS is some good shit :P

I initially read it as sushi after LSD... that's one of the most entertaining things on Earth, only second to sex on acid ;)

bsbd!

Yuri.

Well, from reading these forums I'm led to believe that he has a lot of gear?

Maybe he's a dealer?

:P

I work for a small wine importing company. I can help BASE jumpers get intoxicated.

Where ever did you get that idea? :D

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

Where ever did you get that idea? :D

lol, I can't for the life of me remember... maybe some comment you made a while ago that led me to believe you had intimate knowledge of turbines or something, I don't know...:$

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I'm a real estate agent. I can help buy that one house that always seems to be right next to that perfect "A". Then turn it into a base hostal!! ;)