base428

Can Your Business and/or Skills Benefit the BASE Community?

Do you have a business or skill that other jumpers may need from time to time? Maybe you own a sticker company or you're a freelance web designer? Perhaps you work for a T-shirt company or you own a sheet metal fab shop? Maybe you even do BASE rigging work on the side? As the saying goes, "let's take care of our own". You get the point.

I think it may benefit all of us to know what YOU can offer the BASE community. Don't be shy. If this thread doesn't die, I'll post some things I can offer.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Rigging but harness work because I do not have access to a harness machine. Things like patches, relines, bridles, tail pockets, minor modifications. One day when I have the space I'll get an harness machine and start making rigs for fun...

I am a part time rigger, I do not do it for living by the way and I know there are BASE jumpers out there that are full time riggers and/or have access to a lot of "cool" toys! for big projects.

As for my "real" job I don't know how much theoretical neuroscience can benefit the community ;)
Memento Audere Semper

I am a bartender, and I know I can help.;) I also do some flight instruction in the Bay area.

Nic

Great idea. If anybody out there needs some computational molecular physics done, I'm your man. As to my other skills, I'm a programmer (though I know of at least two on the forum who are more talented) and have a medium-industrial sewing machine back home with which I can put together a decent patch / stash bag / whatever, though I'm not a certified rigger.

I am a EMT, and a have acess to High Angle Rope rescue gear.

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

;) Yea, but if I knew it was him, would you have let me rescue him:P

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Hello... I am a professional photographer, and photoshop professional... (ask jaap) I specialize in image manipulation/restoration, buisness publicity, product/commercial photography, youth sports, events/volume work, weddings...you get the idea... We run a full service studio in Orange Park Fl.(15 minutes south of Jacksonville) and offer a skydive/base discount...
feel free to give us a shout if you're ever in the area, 904.269.1938....
www.flashbackphotography.net
also willing to trade for gear or "equivalent";)

I'm just a lame video game developer struggling with the question on whether or not I should try and get my employer to develop a BASE jumping game.

One part of me thinks that a BASE game would be a ton of fun (pick your gear (real canopie models) and setup (slider-down, up, etc.), scope objects, sneak around security guards, jump, deal with malfunctions, etc. Allow over the top wingsuit flying through downtown and crazy low pulls. Make it free-roaming like GTA. Earn reputation to get invited to new areas and objects with other locals. Play online and try to do a nighttime jump with several people without being seen by security guards. Or be the security guard and try to stop other jumpers.

The other part of me thinks it would be the ultimate BASE sell-out. We're already complaining that BASE is used by the media in inappropriate ways. Furthermore, if (and that's a big if in an industry that is very tough for new IP) such a game would be succesful, it could be disastrous for the amount and type of people trying to get into the sport.

Opinions are welcome. Ultimately somebody somewhere will develop a BASE jumping game. It's a matter of time. Perhaps it's better to have it being done with a BASE jumper involved directly with the game?

Other than that, I have no skills. And girls only like guys with great skills....

Damn that game sounds fun. The only reason I play GTA is to base objects and jump out of stolen planes!!!

it could be disastrous for the amount and type of people trying to get into the sport.

The best path to make the sport legal...

I own a hydroponics and greenhouse supply company...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

....I work in an entirely useless-to-the-BASE-community area of the media (darling). Therefore I am useless......... But they pay me well, so f*ck you all. B|

Jaap: that game may be more useful then you think. Mileage there, I think (although it may, as they say, vary).
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

As for my "real" job I don't know how much theoretical neuroscience can benefit the community

I second that... as a research analyst in the clinical trials industry, the only thing I could do would be to enroll injured base jumpers into placebo controlled pain studies:ph34r:, possibly getting them the latest and greatest pain drugs.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I second that... as a research analyst in the clinical trials industry, the only thing I could do would be to enroll injured base jumpers into placebo controlled pain studies:ph34r:, possibly getting them the latest and greatest pain drugs.

Do we have to be "injured" to get in on that?:P Because I could fake it.B|

I'm a product designer/engineer with experience in products for extreme applications.

I also have a strong background in logo creation, image manipulation and marketing. I can be of use to design you a "A service contracting company" with company ID tags, and work order sheets. Wear them when u go check out a new site along with a bright construction safety vest and hard hat.;)

I'm a newbie to the sport and can't wait to do my first A!

the ground IS the limit

A topic I have much interest in. Got a catalog?

I build gear and do all sorts of repairs, custom rigs, mods. If you are in the DC area, we are beer, uhhh, here, for you.

I do cancer research... So I suppose when we all come down with tumors from hanging aroung on A's too much, maybe I could help :P;)
-------------------------------------------
"Scars remind you that the past is real..."

I'm an attorney, but I don't do criminal defense. If I did, hell, considering that I'm admitted to practice in Yosemite's court, I'd be a popular dude in this sport until people figured out that I lost every case.:P

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Well i hope i will be taking a FJC next summer...

anyways I'm a machinist / welder...........

If i can be of any help let me know.......

==================================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Video editor and I also have friends in the printing industry that do fantastic screen printing at very good prices.

Stickers, t shirts, hats etc etc etc.

:)

www.myspace.com/durtymac

I work for a small wine importing company. I can help BASE jumpers get intoxicated.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)