yexotay

GTA San Andreas

this is off the wall, but you try being broken for seven months in bed. I just completed BASE on Grand Theft San Andrea:) I even had a cliff strike and my guy lived. Yes I am bored

Is someone tracking GTA BASE numbers?

While healing why not throw up a website and start keeping track.

You could be the virtual version of Rick & Joy . . .

NickD :)BASE 194

Type "AIYPWZQP" to get the rig, when you need it... ;P

Anyone found an "A" in the game?

yea it's sutro tower

HEY!!! NO SITE NAMING!!! >:(:P

There are many A's in the game. Getting to the top without falling off before exiting is the hard part. I plan on making a GTA BASE vid myself just need to locate some video capture software that doesn't require a card. Hoping to do some real jumps before deployment but I guess San Andreas will have to do for now. Later.

man that games so awesome
i used to play it on my younger brothers PS2
as I don't have 1
the game is now on PC so I'm getting a copy very soon

all I do in it is jump off the mountain and a few tall buildings
the rest of the game is a waste of time lol

a tip is to turn up the game speed that way ya falll at a more realistic speed.
tracking from the mountain is awesome.

would be great if 1 day they made a pure BASE game kinda like tony hawk.

can't see it happening though but it would be enjoyable providing it had many of the worlds cliffs, most people may get bored after doing a few million aerials though and wondering why it dont have the names of the cliffs lol.

they would need to give it more action like the cops are always after ya so ya gotta get away, and like these crack heads come out of the dark and hit ya up for money and if ya don't give it to them they tell the cops on ya and/or break into ya car after the cops take ya away.

ya could even play as a *mythical* character who runs an import/export business accross the border to mexico he could import say lots of cocaine lol and when the cops come after ya you would run and jump off the cliff.

maybe the game can start off with ya doing a course on a bridge and the instructor is known as TA lol.

maybe online aerial comps and the winner gets an energy drink sponsor and goes to all the big gameing conventions and when ever his interviewd he like screams at the guy, like say some journalist from PC gamer is there and his names peter, the sponsered d00d would be like "YEAH !!! PETER !!! I'm FEELING!! IT PETER!!!"

a BASE game will eventually come along just not sure when, Pilotwings was a skydiving game and originally on the super nintendo so BASE shouldnt be to far away.

GTA is a great start, it just needs more cliffs and to be able to do aerials, also get rid of the rip cord would be good, and if it could allow ya to do PCA and also jump with ya PC already in ya hand

:)

I don't imagine there will ever be a BASE specific viseo game for one of the major game systems. There's just too small of a target audience for something like that.

It would be cool though, if someone could put together a little BASE game I could put on my desktop.

It could be simple, with several objects and varying conditions (light, dark, wind direction and speed, rain, etc). You could set up your rig and choose a delay and whether you wanted to do aerials or not.

Ideally, there would be realistic consequences to mistakes though. Just skipping down the rock face and walking away wouldn't be very realistic, but breaking a leg would probably be appropriate.

How hard is it to make the flash games that are all over the internet?

Something simple like that could keep me entertained for hours when it's pouring down that liquid sunshine in Seattle.:S

a "BASE simulator" would be easy to program if you are not me. I suck at most things, espesially computers and espealin;). I really can fly an airplane quite well though (IMHO).

Really if some one put a little simulator together, I'd buy it. You could totally take FJC's, and build up exp points, cash, etc to get better and better. Taking riskier jumps. You could even mu rangers, cops and feds (tim, we could have crackheads too:P) in it. I would buy it for SURE.

nic

I would absolutely buy it. What would it cost to develop? Any ideas?

A BASE simulator. We should actually do this.

hi dexter have you played the GTA game ?

its a good start

ya could get a good base game made for about $5million lol

seriously though a BASE game wouldnt be aimed at just BASE jumpers, I've played tony hawk pro skater but was a roller blader when younger and actually hated skate boards, how ever I liked the video game.

when I used to skydive in pilot wings when I was 10 I had never skydived but I loved the game.

most people who play the highly successfull flight simulators will never fly a plane.

video game industry is a massive industry, exactly twice the size of the holywood movie industry.
if you can capture 5% of the industry even the $30million games are successfull.

tony hawk game reaps in about $30 million + a year.

I think a BASE game if made correctly like with the right graffics and plot etc would be a success.

for it to benefit base though, the best way it could be made would be not to have it named after 1 jumper like tony hawk skateboard kinda thing but have several very experienced jumpers put input into the games development.
and have the game company donate 20% of the profits to Nick G's commercial base tower

:)

dreamings never hurt anyone :)
oh unless they started dreaming behind the wheel.

I'd buy it too!!! Maybe someone will make a mod for San Andreas that will allow you to do aerials. I suppose some leg and shoulder straps would be nice too. If BASE continues to become more mainstream, I could totally some game manufacturer developing a strictly BASE game. Everyone who even thinks that they might play such a game should e-mail Rockstar Games with their suggestions. Who knows, someday it may come to fruition.

the best way it could be made would be not to have it named after 1 jumper like tony hawk skateboard kinda thing

what do you mean!? Miles Daisher would be the perfect choice! :P
BASEstore.it

There is a regular poster on this forum who has worked on sports video games. Perhaps he'll have some insight.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

a tip is to turn up the game speed that way ya falll at a more realistic speed.
tracking from the mountain is awesome.

...sounds good but how do you do that?

aka JAAP SUTER, who worked on FIFA. :-)

I haven't played it, but the nice thing with GTA is that they've already built a 3D "world" and maybe include weather in it, dunno. a 2-D basic flash BASE game wouldn't give you much challenge or realism for the canopy flight...

Maybe Jaap can pitch MarioBASE to his current employer?

_
Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

mariobase? certainly better than cornisheBASE ;)
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Doing a Flash based 2D base simulation is definitely possible as a hobby project. Put a smart programmer together with a good pixel pusher and you could create quite an addictive little game.

Doing a 3D game as a hobby project is impossible. I've seen incredibly smart people take on less ambitious game projects and they invarariably failed. Creating a game to today's standards is just too much work. It's no surprise that budgets for average games start at five million dollar and easily run over twenty.

So your only chance at making a 3D BASE game is to have it funded by a publisher. The problem here is that no publisher will listen to you. They won't even open letters if they contain game ideas. What if it contains an idea they already had themselves? The risk is just too large.

So that means that new ideas only come from within the industry or from IP with large marketing potential. Unfortunately, BASE just isn't very marketable. That means the game has to rely on actually being fun to play, and that's another risk that publishers just can't take. If they can't market it, they won't make it. Marketability is much more important than how good the game is. Marketing is easy. It's just science solved by money. Creating a fun game is hard; it's an art form that takes hard work, massive amounts of creativity and a little bit of luck that you hit the right balance.

I think it's possible to make a great BASE game. Create an unconstrained 3D world, throw in some physics and animation, and then go nuts. Do it Jet Set Radio or Jet Grind Radio style and go over the top. Include a career mode where you start on easy objects and from planes, and then build up a reputation. If you get seen, you trigger increasing levels of alert. From onlookers to security guards, from cops to the army, from dogs to helicopters to tanks. Allow for tag-based wingsuit flights through a downtown core. Stick the James Bond elements of Base in the game as well. The less people see you jump, the more points you get. Exaggerate everything. And of course, include at least one famous National Park object.

I know of at least one large publisher that has been talking to the main guy from Le Parkour. If they can do it, then why can't we? Maybe it is marketable?

On the other hand, is BASE really a sport that we want to romantise and glorify in a video game? For a skateboarding game, just display a warning and a recommendation to wear a helmet if you plan on trying this stuff in real life. What the hell do you throw in a mainstream BASE game? Don't try this at home, you might lose limbs and friends?

And once again I used too many words. Sorry, but it's a topic I'm pretty opinionated on since I make a living in the business.

If you're not bedridden, why don't you turn off that evil machine and go outside to play? Sometimes I feel like a drug-dealer. I'm only in manufacturing, I never actually consume.

If you are bedridden, go play Super Mario Strikers. Somebody told me that one of the programmers on that team is a base jumper!

Sometimes I feel like a drug-dealer. I'm only in manufacturing, I never actually consume.

Spoken like a really good drug dealer. Never do your own shiat. Not that I know any drug dealers, drugs are bad. mmmkay...

Doing a Flash based 2D base simulation is definitely possible as a hobby project. Put a smart programmer together with a good pixel pusher and you could create quite an addictive little game.

Cool. Who do I talk to. I'll do free consulting to make sure we get it as realistic as possible.

As for the rest of your post, you confirmed many of my suspicions. Thank you.

P.S. Come jump with us f**ker!