dgskydive

Post your Infinity

heh.. no worries.. Jeff told me once someone sent him a link and said "just like that" so somewhere out there is another one just like mine B|

i'll buy the next round just because you bought an infinity :)

OK, I've got a question for Infinity owners, or anyone working for VSE:

in a couple of pictures I've seen, it seems that the side main closure flaps don't completely cover the bridle. Is this the same on many Infinities? It just strikes me as odd that RWS, Mirage, Sunrise etc make their containers with wrap-round corners that completely cover the bridle, but VSE don't. I realise the chances of the relative wind catching the small amount of bridle exposed is minimal, but since Amazon uses hers for speed skydiving I would've thought any bridle exposure would be unacceptable.

I'll try to find a photo of what I'm talking about and upload it here, but any comments in the meantime are very welcome.

Edited to add photos - sorry about stealing them from this thread!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Awesome. Next rig DEFINITELY going to be an Infinity. Make a window for January guys....there's gonna be one excited customer on the phone so you'll want to get it built quickly!

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

Yayyy, my new container arrived a couple of days ago. Sux that it was crappy this weekend so I only got to jump it once.

Looks nice! I'm way jealous, I won't get mine for another, oh, 7-8 weeks :(:(:(
cavete terrae.

Ordered mine on sunday, now the waiting in anticipation begins!
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

I'm going to the LP boogie this weekend and It is going to be torture not having it. I wish I would have ordered it sooner:(
“Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, th

What? does that mean mine is going to take that long? how did you find this out?:o

OK, I've got a question for Infinity owners, or anyone working for VSE:

in a couple of pictures I've seen, it seems that the side main closure flaps don't completely cover the bridle. Is this the same on many Infinities? It just strikes me as odd that RWS, Mirage, Sunrise etc make their containers with wrap-round corners that completely cover the bridle, but VSE don't. I realise the chances of the relative wind catching the small amount of bridle exposed is minimal, but since Amazon uses hers for speed skydiving I would've thought any bridle exposure would be unacceptable.

I'll try to find a photo of what I'm talking about and upload it here, but any comments in the meantime are very welcome.

Edited to add photos - sorry about stealing them from this thread!

But...But.... Gotta ask is the second pic Amazons Butt:P

R.I.P.

What? does that mean mine is going to take that long? how did you find this out?:o

I called to ask about shipping costs, since my rig will be shipped ready-to-jump, and happened to ask what the estimated ship date was :(
cavete terrae.

Are you referring to your container from VSE or the whole rig including canopies? It may be that your container may be ready, but it does you no good since the canopies are not ready if you are getting it from a dealer. If it is delivered ready to jump it doesn't sound like it's coming directly from VSE.

Are you referring to your container from VSE or the whole rig including canopies? It may be that your container may be ready, but it does you no good since the canopies are not ready if you are getting it from a dealer. If it is delivered ready to jump it doesn't sound like it's coming directly from VSE.

Negative. The wait is for the container. The main canopy is slightly used, the reserve is a stock item from Aerodyne. Both canopies are being shipped to VSE so I don't have to wait an extra weekend to get my rigger to assemble and pack the rig. It'll be shipped from VSE ready to jump.
cavete terrae.

Man I would really like to know when mine is going to come. I ordered it almost five weeks ago. I would just call them but I dont want to be a pest.

Man I would really like to know when mine is going to come. I ordered it almost five weeks ago. I would just call them but I dont want to be a pest.

Well, if you ordered around the same time as me, I'd expect your order to come around the same time as mine.
cavete terrae.

Finally its here! I made three jumps with it this weekend:)
P.S. I know the pictures suck, all I have is a phone camera[:/]