pBASEtobe

BD Bridge Strike Video

First off does anyone else have any video of my jump I could have?

Here's video of my jump for those that didn't see it. I just nicked the bridge with my toes at around two seconds. I let my body swing a bit while hanging on the bar before letting go. I purposely did this so I could release when my legs swung back in hopes of getting better body position in freefall. I guess I put too much swing in it and that is what caused me to move backwards enough to hit the steel below. I broke two bones in my left foot but what the hell I can't feel them anyway and I'm already in a wheelchair. It wasn't a bad break, doc says should be good in about 6 weeks.

Here's the video (Windows Media Player, 2.2MB):
Clicky

Maybe it was the slo-mo, but you look remakably calm deploying head-down. ;)

Nice video btw.

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

Nice front flip Russel! I still think we have to work on a better method of performing aerials ;)

Nice video. Need to get that platform out there a little further. ;) Way to keep your head and get the canopy out on the right side. You're way ahead of the curve. You already have BASE and you're doing aerials. Damn you. I still need a building and I won't be doing flippy-dos anytime soon.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

one word...
WOW
glad you came out of it ok!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Need to get that platform out there a little further.

Note that I spent $4500 of my own money on building a new exit ramp this year for Bridge Day (16' long, 10' wide, 4' overhung, 8' off the ground). It had a 4' overhang and Russel's bar stuck out an extra 2' beyond the edge. That makes it 6' out.

This was the largest ramp we have ever had at Bridge Day, with the most overhang. Last year's was about 2'.

I can only thank the good Lord that the ramp was fabricated in time for Bridge Day (1 week before!).

Russel is living history when it comes to paraplegic BASE. There is no textbook we can reference on this subject. We have all learned a lesson and fortunately Russel had a great jump and a very memorable award for Paraplegic BASE #1 at the Saturday night party. I actually cried a few tears today when driving back to Fayetteville for a Bridge Day Commission meeting......Russel's courage is beyond description. There were many tears during his two standing ovations Saturday night.
(c)2010 Vertical Visions. No unauthorized duplication permitted. <==For the media only

Benn seeing videos of you pop up here and there. first one was at BD last year on fuel or something, then hanging from another bridge somewhere. Now this you are inspiring. THANK YOU. KRRP IT UP.:ph34r:FATONES:ph34r:

I broke two bones in my left foot but what the hell I can't feel them anyway and I'm already in a wheelchair. It wasn't a bad break, doc says should be good in about 6 weeks.

:D:ph34r: ha ha you have some nice humor russel:ph34r::D

I do agree whith you that your swing must have moved you backwards(i guess it were winds from the back).
Good skills keeping calm getting the pc out and deal whith the s#¤t from there.

Heal fast and get back in the air soonB|

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Holy shit!

Hard as nails bro'.
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

broke two bones in my left foot but what the hell I can't feel them anyway and I'm already in a wheelchair

Russel, you got balls of fucking steel and the attitude to go with them!

You're an inspiration to all of us and then some!

Keep it up bro!
Memento Audere Semper

yahoo muff muff muff i tried to play the video but it would not do anything . in have windows media player 9and also 10 but it wont play do you have any help thanx muff mufff muff
till later have fun & love each other seeya mb65johnny gates

>>Yow! Russel you never cease to amaze me...better be careful or you'll wind up a BASE legend! You're living proof that the limits of possibility are only self-imposed. Good Luck!

Russell,
Great seeing you again, keep up the good work! Hopefully we'll catch up on an exit point sooner than later.

While waiting to video Donk's big entrance during the Sat. night party, the KC crew also videoed Russel's presentation.

Russel - if you want a copy, drop me a note and I'll send it to you on DV or other format of your choice.

Later,
BASE864

yahoo muff muff muff i tried to play the video but it would not do anything . in have windows media player 9and also 10 but it wont play do you have any help thanx muff mufff muff

Don't know, only suggestion...try again a little later. Maybe something was wrong with the server.

Hi Russel! (AKA ParaBASE #1)

I wish I did have video for you, but I left my camera in the car due to the rain.

That was an awesome jump, my friend. I couldn't believe it when I saw your feet hit the steel! I was glad to know you couldn't feel it, and I was proud of hell at how well you handled the situation from that point on. It looked from my point of view that you hit with your shins, so it's much better that it was just your foot (feet).

Congratulations again on your jump, on your excellent handling of the emergency, and of course, on getting PBASE#1!

Oh, by the way, I think that's me you can hear screaming as you let go of the bar...I know I was yelling for you!

You are an inspiration...

xo,:$
Karen

Try downloading it rather than streaming it....
(Right click on link...save target as...)