reddevil1

can i take my little dog for a base jump

He's a chihuahua 1 year old, he don't mind wind. Is it crule to take him on a on a base jump in england ,hes got a tadem type harnest witch goes on the chest strap.should i or not.?????????????B|or:(
The point of no return what a rush.

Visions of Andre the dog...

A few years ago, DW took a Chihuaha for a chest strap tandem. I'll try to tell the whole story when I have time...
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

I was thinking of the same thing until I broke a shit load of bones and compressed my spine on La Mousse. My buddy just took his dog on a skydive with a harness he made hooked to military HALO rig. Pretty cool. Good Luck!!!!!

i think you should not bring him,how can he tell you if he dont want to jump anyway..well who says he wants to jump atall ????

If you mean like GC,well åperhaps if he can keep his mouht closed..

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

hope all is well
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

He's a chihuahua 1 year old, he don't mind wind. Is it crule to take him on a on a base jump in england ,hes got a tadem type harnest witch goes on the chest strap.should i or not.?????????????B|or:(

I suppose it depends on how confident and experienced a BASE jumper you are without a dog tied to your chest? Personally I have too much to deal with whilst preparing to jump to worry about a pet secured to me.

A bit cheeky but I'm down HPC in a few weeks. Maybe if it's okay, I could hook up and you could take me to some local sites. I'll video the dog jump!!!!

poor dog is gonna shit him/herself! Do want poo on your BASE rig/canopy?

make sure you put a cutaway system for him with a 48" PC so if you gonna land bad he might still have a chance!

Peace

I jumped a few times with a puckered starfish. I've also jumped with a sick leather-headed womb ferret.:D

cheers,
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

I have never owned a small dog, but I understand that they offer smaller jaws, teeth and biting power so your concerns may differ.

My own limited experience with my 5yr old male Rottweiller is that he's absolutely shit scared of heights: if I were daft enough to take him on a jump, I'd be more concerned about keeping my face and entire upper body intact than a good exit. :S

Ground crew is a whole different thing. I know for a fact that it makes his week being able to hang out with excited jumpers to and from an object.

I feel it my duty to warn you though: my wife advises me that she has to put him on a lead before we jump. He apparently quivers and whines exactly as if a bitch on heat is being paraded past him when our canopies open. :|

I'd say, slider up in that area, the climb is gonna scare the dog more than the jump!

:o

soon to be gone

if your profile is correct, I would not even advise you BASE jump in England.......... :)
BASE is a personal choice, what fucking choice are you giving the animal? >:(

BASE is a personal choice, what fucking choice are you giving the animal? >:(

Agreed, I suppose.

Perhaps I presume too much, but my dogs have never seemed to have much trouble letting me know what they wanted (and when they didn't want something). Most have seemed to want nothing so much as just to go wherever the hell I'm going.:)
Still, perhaps we should err on the safe side...

Try taking a cat on a BASE jump! Cool entertainment value I tell you!
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

I first met Ron S. at an early Bridge Day when I noticed him standing on one end of the bridge selling a little pamphlet to the wuffos that gave a short, but accurate, explanation of the sport in terms they could understand. He sold them for a quarter apiece and he sold a ton of them. I remember there are several of us, shaking our heads, and wondering why the hell we didn’t think of that . . .

Anyway, years later Ron started skydiving with a small Dachshund. The dog’s name is Brutus and, I believe, they made over a hundred skydives together. Brutus even had a neat little frap hat and his own goggles. Ron started to get some publicity and, as I recall, the reaction from the wuffos, and many jumpers too, is mostly negative.

Something to consider is if you kill yourself while BASE jumping you may get some sympathy. Kill the dog, while you lived through it, and you’d get roasted. If could be something you’d never live down. You’d always be the jumper who killed that cute little dog.

I’d forgive you, but don’t underestimate the power of people who feel for and treat their pets better than other humans. I know you’re in GB, but, if it happened over here the next thing we’d have is something called the Reddevil Law, the no parachuting pets rule.

Nick :)BASE 194

Daniel and the spaniel...the skydiving tits.

Drive the big big red bus back to Bedlam you boneheaded British bus-drivin' burk.

And stay awff my manor.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
$kin.

Prizes to anyone who gets to read my posts before Mr Aiello's son, Tom deletes them.

Why would you like to take that dog to England, that's cruel. Can't some animal rights activist look into these matters.....:P

Seriously, don't jump with the dog!

// percy

That's a great idea, maybe you could smear your pilot chute with marrowbone jelly & use him to PCA you. :)

-- Hope you don't die. --

I'm fucking winning

i thought about taking my sugarglider on a jump, but prob wont do that

add: he prob has a better glide ratio anyway
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Yes you can.
You can do anything you want.
Why do you have a dog?
Is it for the dog's pleasure or your own?
People do all kinds of things with their pets,
and the pets have little to say about it.
If your dog tells you he doesn't want to jump, respect his choice.
Take your dog BASE jumping with you.
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

:)

Hey Daniel

funny post dude, nice one;)

On a more serious note though, i recommend you read the articles at the top of this page entitled getting into BASE. This contains a lot of useful information which you will need should you one day decide to take that step and do the dog jump. I personally would recommend you enrol on one of the really good First Jump courses available once you have the pre requisite number of skydives.

I hope this has been helpful. See you at an exit point some day....[:/][:/][:/]