Deniq

Prototype "Giboline 3"

Boris,

In case DSE's reputation as a reputable, reliable and trustworthy third party reviewer doesn't give you enough comfort, I'll volunteer to create a secrecy/non-disclosure agreement pursuant to which DSE can't disclose to anyone else the insides of the suit (or whatever aspect of it that is the secret).

Because I work as a lawyer for a Swiss company (and thus have become a little familiar with Swiss law), I can even have the governing law and venue for it be Swiss - so in the unlikely event that DSE were to breach the agreement, you could sue him from the comfort of your own home canton...

-Jeff
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

"The 1 st flight has occured this Sunday, April 19th 2009 in Bex, Switzerland. It's been successfully measured by the Flytec 6030, a FAI certified tool. The results are beyond our wildest dreams! This is a rocket!"

There you go. These are your words, not mine "FAI CERTIFIED TOOL"

This is what we want.

Gibolin, can you stop with "poor me" attitude and just post the data that you gathered with the "FAI CERTIFIED TOOL" please?

kthxbye
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

I just realized who you are! You're the same guy that, about 25 years ago, invented the 200 miles per gallon carburetor but couldn't give anyone the details because the big oil companies stole the patent. And you're the guy who knows how to make an engine that uses water for fuel but no one will buy his idea because he won't demonstrate the engine or discuss the principle.

Seriously, good on ya for even building a suit, it's an accomplishment to be proud of. But you can't possibly expect anyone to believe your claim of superior flight characteristics without proof. You have already discovered that nobody is that foolish.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Halleluia!

This is exactely what I was looking for, so THANK YOU !!!! :)
It's what I need: to be able to prove the proper way I'm on the right direction, with some help. The "claiming stuff" was made to provoque such reactions, and finally here it is! I can tell you i'm happy right now! If I'm right, everyone will be happy with it. If not, at least I will know the truth...

So how could we organize all this practically? Let's talk through e-mails maybe. Might be easier that way. There are some etails to discuss in order to make it possible.

Thanks again for that positive answer! You saved my day ;-)

Gibolin from Switzerland

"Claims" were useful to make people talk about it. Now DSE says he can help proving the performances. So let's do it with his help. It's exactely what I was looking for...

All the rest is blah blah in my opinion... :P

Gibolin from Switzerland

Not wanting to take away the Helelluya moment you're apparently experiencing right now, but if the suits needs to be tested to show its performance.

Where did the previous claims on fastest suit, beating other suits etc all come from? And what happened to that test data? Surely there must be some level of performance in terms of consistent glide ratio and forward speed (full flight, not diving and measuring peak data) you can quote to have made those initial claims?

As you made a rapid 180 from proven concept/working idea in terms of capable performance and fastest suit on the planet to 'Im not sure what this does all'

Wishing you good luck with the tests you plan to do. Hope we see some data by 2029:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

One simple question: are you interested in knowing if this prototype is fast and competitive, or if I was right to say "best in the world"? Because claiming this was to focus interested people on my "problem" of lack of help.

Do you want to help or keeping arguing around those "details"? Because for me claiming "best in the world" is nothing. Anybody can say so. Now help me to prove it is: Come, jump, test, and even if you beat your own personnal record and not the world record, it will be cool enough to prove there are interesting things in my concept. then we will be able to share all this knowledge. I'm ready to do it for free and for anybody. But i need the skydive community to give me a hand this time. I can't continue alone.

So guys, who wants to help the research?! DO A MOVE !!!

Let's keep the dream alive!
Gibolin from Switzerland

Yeh further testing would be cool and all..

But it's funny how you keep ignoring this all the time:

"The 1 st flight has occured this Sunday, April 19th 2009 in Bex, Switzerland. It's been successfully measured by the Flytec 6030, a FAI certified tool. The results are beyond our wildest dreams! This is a rocket!"

There you go. These are your words, not mine "FAI CERTIFIED TOOL"

Post the data that you gathered then.

Sangi, there is no data. The guy thinks his ideas will work, but was saying all the time that they work only to attract attention. He doesn't know what will happen.
No wonder no manufacturer was interested. His claims are fake and he lied to all of us.
I still hope someone test jumps it and it turns out to be a great suit. Maybe there is a breakthrough in his ideas.
I just don't like to be lied to.

Agreed.

I'm wishing all the best for his design, anything that helps improve and evolve wingsuit designs is good for everyone.. So if DSE is truely willing to work with him and test it, it would be very interesting what the conclusion would be..

It's silly that this whole attitude is gettin in the way, hope it all works out well..

I don't know that I'd go so far as to use the word "lie...."
Maybe lack of knowledge of what was/is available makes some marketing claims easier to make, maybe hype, maybe an exceptional experience compared to limited access...dunno.

And perhaps...it truly is the most amazing thing in the world and can climb, fly 4:1 GR... only a few test flights with baseline comparisons will tell the tale.

I've offered to jump the suit and compare with the many other suits I have. I've offered to sign an NDA regarding suit construction. I've offered a few mins of tunnel access for aerodynamic testing.
I'm not the best wingsuiter in the world but a constant vs singular skill is what's called for in testing. A bad pilot in an Intro, V3, or Stealth2 is still a bad pilot setting a baseline for personal performance characteristic.

Sorry to insist, but there is a data. Make a move, propose something to make things go forward and I'll show you everything.

Keep complaining, weeping and blah blah blah, and you won't have anything.

In what world are you living? The lala-land?

Say I'm a liar, I really don't care. You can have your opinion and I respect that. I feel sorry for you that you misundestand the way I took to get some help.

Help me instead of bringing me down (because saying " I've been lied" is not very optimistic, right?).

Do something constructive, enough blah blah. Some action now! If you really want to discover, just like me, if I've found something interesting for the wingsuit flyers.

And by the way, I think we're all passionnate people about flying. I've quit the skydiving a year ago. I won't jump anymore. I just feel sad to have a great prototype which took me 8 years of hard work and just don't have enough energy to keep going.

And I come to this chat and meet people with expectations: "I've been lied... you're interested into money... show us your results"!

Hey guys, cool down. Can't we talk a calmer way?

I do it FOR FUN ! And seriously, talking like that with people a bit "agressive" for my taste is no more fun at all.

So come down and let's talk, ok?

If someone is ready to help, I will lend him my prototype. We could measure his flights with good tools, then compare with his own suits. Then if the guy beats his personnal record, it's perfect!

Then I give the community the results of my work, FOR FREE !!! (You can print that if you like, sorry I can't sign it).

But if that community doesn't give me any kind support, why should I help this community myself?

I have nothing to lose, nor to gain, don't you understand that?

So be cool guys, that's a minimum... In what kind of world are we living?

Now my size is 1m 89. Olivier Vietti is 1m85. Smaller might be too small I guess, and might be dangerous as well. This prototype was tested only once (when the one and only measure was made, so not enough to be relevant, that's why I don't show it). The prototype is not safe, even for a test pilot. You might test it at your own risks. I might ask the measure tools to Airtec, but not sure if they will agree to lend us that again this time too. Your chute will require some specific parts to fit with the suit. There is also a specific helmet to test with the prototype.

So, who wants to make it?
Gibolin from Switzerland

Hey guys, I just made my own suit as well based on bird like materials. I dropped it from a plane with a test dummy and when it hit the thermals from a road, it actually gained 500ft altitude. I can't say anymore because thieves will steal my idea. Its my super-secret Kermit the Frog prototype birdsuit version 1.46.78.12345! I don't have enough experience to jump it myself, but if you come to me, I'll gladly watch you fly it and you can see for yourself. Please help with this as I'm at a dead end even though I'm super smart and uber cool.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

I'll keep biting.
I have rigs that can be modified. I have a sponsor who is willing to help with the master rigging required to mod a container/harness assembly.

I'm willing to examine the suit to "test at my own risk" and if it doesn't appear to be a serious risk (outside of what wingsuiting/skydiving already are), then I'll put at least half a dozen comparative jumps on the system.

Does this specific helmet already exist? Or is this something that needs to be fabricated?

What specifically makes this prototype so dangerous for even a fairly experienced wingsuit pilot?

What measurement tools are you requiring from Airtec? With multiple logging tools, GPS tools, and math wizards like Yuri, Jeff Donohue, and the folks at Alliant Techsystems (utah aerospace company with a lowspeed tunnel), I'm sure we can discover some answers. Not sure what more I can put out there for you beyond our private correspondence.

I have the money, the time, the enthusiasm, the desire to gain more knowledge, the equipment needed... What more do you require?

Alright, I'll even step in here myself.
If you want an experienced prototype test pilot, I will volunteer to fly the thing.
Gib, no worries about the risk. If you look up the video Spot put up a few years back you'll see I've built and flown some of the riskiest gear imaginable. I'll happily sign a waiver absolving you of responsibility and a legally binding NDA promising not to give away your intellectual property.

I reserve the right to inspect the suit and judge its flyability and structural strength myself before donning it, (especially as a test pilot, I MUST inspect the gear I fly) but I have absolute 100% certainty that if the suit you have bears any resemblance to the pictures you've put up on the net, I can fly it easily with no control issues whatsoever. I have experience with unstable rigidwing prototypes that make your suit look small. If it even vaguely resembles a wingsuit, I can fly it to its limits and give you an experienced, objective assessment of its capabilities. If your design has the hidden physical advantages you have told us it does, I will know it within seconds of exit. Such characteristics would be instantly obvious to me. Such was my experience with Tony's new designs, for example.

I would fly the thing and test it for you for free, just for the fun of it and to see if your suit can do what you have said it can.
If that suit of yours can be flown to a 3.7 GR, I can do it. I don't need to put it up against another suit if I'm flying it myself, either. With, or without instrumentation I know the performance I am getting. Although putting it up against another suit would allow me to prove it by visual demonstration. If that suit can do 3.7 or anywhere near it, then small wings or not I will be able to utterly smoke Justin in his X-bird. Justin is one of the higher-performing pilots out there flying the biggest production suit... but if your suit can do 3.7, or even 3.0 for that matter, I will be able to both outfloat and outrun Justin in it regardless of what he flies.

Whaddya say? If it was fated to collect dust in your basement you have nothing to lose anyway, and with all of us volunteers willing to help you and sign agreements protecting your work, you're at no risk of having your ideas stolen and turned into someone else's profits. The people who have volunteered to help you in this thread all have reputations of high integrity, and with legally binding documents for us to sign you can be sure none of us would steal your ideas and turn them into production suits, earning ourselves reputations as cheats and crooks just to make a few bucks off your work.

If you want your work to contribute to the advancement of wingsuits, DO it. You've asked for help. We're offering it.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

This is what I was looking for! Thanks!

Now let's see how we can make it. Be sure all skydivers will benefit from all this. I don't do it for myself, I do it for the passion which has driven the last 20 years of my life!...

I'll answer you privately. See ya and thanks again!
Gibolin from Switzerland

Wise interpretation. Congrats!

I'm a physiotherapist. I've interested myself in the anatomical component of the wingsuit. A bad body position in the best wingsuit flies badly. A good body position makes a big part of the performance. Now take a wingsuit which helps a bad flyer having the proper position. What could be the result?...
Gibolin from Switzerland