Tony-tonysuits

Nice formation flying

Here's a philosophical question: why creatures that have poor L/D (fish, as their weight is 100% balanced by buoyancy, not by aerodynamic lift, have nearly zero L/D; geese and similar ugly birds with poor aerodynamics; cows, sheep, goats, who hardly have any lift at all; stupid penguins, and finally, people in inflatable mattresses) tend to flock?

While creatures of superb aerodynamics tend to soar alone and enjoy the flight itself, not the view of a buddy's butt in front?

I see this correlation but cannot explain it. Solitarity -> high L/D. Herd behavior -> low L/D.

Why?

:)

Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Those who can see and hear, will. It's blind and deaf who need big formations to see and hear. ;) Actually, just returned from a trip where this exact scenario happened: campers in the forest heard sound of a jet plane and saw a human flying. Doesn't happen on every jump...
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

: campers in the forest heard sound of a jet plane and saw a human flying.

Were the campers staring at the flying humans butt?

I make the sound of a jet on ascent at about 9,000 ft when the pressure of the fuel escapes from the large combuster through the small combustor to the jet nozzle. Although next to the roaring Pratts you can hardly hear it...... smells like burn't diesel though.

There's a lot of stingrays there. I wonder if we will have that many wingsuits at Elsinore and Eloy. Imagine a flock like that. It's gonna be cool and beyond amazing. I'm sure other types of WS flying are great as well, but I think this year will be a major event for our sport. The big flocks at Pepperell were awe inspiring, both in the flocks and for those on the ground. Everybody stopped to watch; imagine twice as many, or more. I can't wait.
But what do I know?

Breakoff is going to be like a Nuclear explosion..

It would definately be worth putting someone with a proper camera on the ground to shoot the formation and breakoff...

Imagine everyone wearing (colour coordinated) smoke...that would be incredible..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I make the sound of a jet on ascent at about 9,000 ft when the pressure of the fuel escapes from the large combuster through the small combustor to the jet nozzle.

Thanks for the spit coffee on my lap top, Glen. :D ........and your burnt fuel smells of roasted marshmellows. :ph34r:
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Breakoff is going to be like a Nuclear explosion..

Actually the fission will be slower paced but further expanding than the 100 RW way break offs. Some of those look absolutely furious the first couple of time you witness them from the ground then after a while you start to see the sequence unfold, it starts to appear very controlled and not as dramatic as the first few times you see one.

Actually the fission will be slower paced but further expanding than the 100 RW way break offs. Some of those look absolutely furious the first couple of time you witness them from the ground then after a while you start to see the sequence unfold, it starts to appear very controlled and not as dramatic as the first few times you see one.

The break offs for the formations will be controlled and safe. The ones who make it unsafe will be quickly removed from the formations, and have the chance to watch from the ground. ;)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com