Tony-tonysuits

To all Tony series 2 wingsuit owners,

On our first wingsuits the wing was attached to the leg with a zipper, the back of the wing was free of any attachment, this created a hinge like arrangement.

On the series 2 suits we put the zipper over the shoulder to attach the rig to the suit.

When I started this system I sewed both the back and the front of the wing to the leg similar to all the other wingsuits on the market,
Both Jeff and I noticed a restriction when we wanted to fly with a slow descent rate, hands below the chest.
Yesterday Jeff did a jump recording his downward speed with my Altitrack, his best sustained speed was 30 mph, we then picked the back of the wing away from the leg and jumped it again and had a noticeably slower descent rate, 21 mph, thats low 20's sustained not peak,
I picked mine and liked it, I also liked that I had less arm restriction in the plane, that I can reach higher with the back of the wing not sewn to the leg,
So.......... as of today we will not sew the back of the wing to the leg on our wingsuits,
Thank you.
Tony Uragallo
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Can we see some pictures of this?

Is this something that current "series 2" suits can be retrofitted with? Sounds like a rigger could do the work, or am I wrong?

With a sustained fallrate in the 20s, was Jeff getting 4.5-5.5 minute flights (assuming fallrate was higher on exit and at pull time)?
Brian Drake

Can we see some pictures of this?

Is this something that current "series 2" suits can be retrofitted with? Sounds like a rigger could do the work, or am I wrong?

With a sustained fallrate in the 20s, was Jeff getting 4.5-5.5 minute flights (assuming fallrate was higher on exit and at pull time)?
-------------------------------------------
no it was just over 3 mins, he pulled a bit high and didnt maintain 20's the whole jump, and yes its easy to pick out the stitches on the back of the wing where it meets the leg

tonysuits.com

that's 1.80 meters, 90.72kg's drank to much beer this summer, switching to wine mmmmmmmm

Yes this mod is very easy, just pick the wings down the hips on the back side it would be the same as unthreading the back cutaway cables on a pf or birdman suit we will do this exp. with C. Blue esquires s6 this week PATENT PENDING for all you idea stealing whores, you know who you are!
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

Jeff, once this mod is done, how far below your torso are you pushing your hands to get those fallrates? What is your angle of attack? Head high to horizon or flat? Are you completely tensioning the wings (leg wings too), or are you allowing them to "cup" air and "balloon" up a bit?

Does this mod effect backflying at all? I imagine it increases the load on the front side stitching. Is there a possibility of a wing blowing out due to this?
Brian Drake

We've flown wingsuits with untreaded backcables before, and that didnt seem to make too big a difference in the flying?

I can see leaving the cables loose, would mean the wing can spread a bit more, and not being pulled against the body, maybe buldge a bit more, forming a higher profile...but dont you think using a few jumps as a guide to immediately ask your clients to pull their suits apart is a bit premature?

Isnt calling other people idea stealing whores a bit much, seeing you guys stepped in when most of the current designs are based on ideas from other people (dead and living) from the past:P;)

'your' ideas for the 'mercury wing' (legwing attached to the back of the leg) was also something that was already on other wingsuits before, and even though we mentioned it didnt work, your initial cries online all sayd it was better. Yet later you agreed it didnt work that well.

Some more testing with your current new revelation wouldnt hurt..:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

we've done hundreds of jumps with the wings only attached at the front, we both noticed the difference when I started sewing both parts of the wing to the leg, I've been trying to alleviate the problem by making the back of the suit bigger but this way seems better, the two wing skins going to the biggest rib at the body form a triangle with the point being the hand, when you move your hands down you disfigure the triangle, the hinge seems to help that,
The Mercury was my thing , it made a very swirliy suit fly great,

tonysuits.com

Isnt calling other people idea stealing whores a bit much, seeing you guys stepped in when most of the current designs are based on ideas from other people (dead and living) from the past
------------------------------
I think he was jokeing

tonysuits.com

We've flown wingsuits with untreaded backcables before, and that didnt seem to make too big a difference in the flying?

How did you determine this? It made a difference of less than ten mph so is that the same as "didn't seem to make to big a difference in the flying?"

I can see leaving the cables loose, would mean the wing can spread a bit more, and not being pulled against the body, maybe buldge a bit more, forming a higher profile...but dont you think using a few jumps as a guide to immediately ask your clients to pull their suits apart is a bit premature?

It has been way more than a few jumps that determined this.

Isnt calling other people idea stealing whores a bit much, seeing you guys stepped in when most of the current designs are based on ideas from other people (dead and living) from the past:P;)

That was an inside joke;)

'your' ideas for the 'mercury wing' (legwing attached to the back of the leg) was also something that was already on other wingsuits before, and even though we mentioned it didnt work,

Ah, but it does work great, for making a suit more stable, it just takes away the punch you get when you point your toes.

your initial cries online all sayd it was better. Yet later you agreed it didnt work that well.

I don't cry online

Some more testing with your current new revelation wouldnt hurt..:P

Again this is not a new idea, we just got actual data to prove what we were detecting.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

If 20mph was sustained for an entire jump from 13.5k-3k, it would last 6 minutes.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Thanks Matt, I'm a bit rust on my math...

120 / 20 = ??? Where's a calculator when you need one!?

Sarcastic retort aside, as I mentioned in the parenthesis, I wasn't anticipating a flight that was 20mph straight out the door all the way to pull time. So I opted for a more "realistic" guess of 4.5-5.5 min.
Brian Drake

come on Matt I figured you would have already computed my glide ratio if 19mph is 7 to 1, what is 21mph. By the way I am now 200lbs out the door, still 5'11".

I am calling bullshit on the glide ratio and sustained 20mph fall rate

maybe sustained for 15 seconds

I want to see the graph --- if it is that awesome you should be posting it as your sales would go up for all of those solo flyers out there that think abusing ones upper body is fun

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Sustained for 15 seconds is still sustained. It's not flaring out and can potentially be held the entire flight.

Definitions of sustained:

* adjective: maintained at length without interruption or weakening

Though I often agree with you Tristan, in this case you're flat out wrong;)
15 seconds is not a complete jump.
Im sure you like telling girls you date that 15 seconds is enough to count, but sustained flight means, being able to fly at that speed for a full jump. And 15 seconds DEFINATELY doesnt qualify..

This is more info on the side, but I (and quite a few other people I know and fly with) have flown 25 mph and even lower fallrates, for 15 to 20 second periods at beakoff and/or directly after an exit or dive, and thats really nothing more then a flare..

Using the airplanes' throw, or driving away after a flock, the speed/energy can be carried through in lower fallrates for periods lasting up to 30 seconds.

If you look at GPS plots from these seperations, you can also get some insanely flat glide-ratios..just like a swooper under canopy at landing.

Sustained means avg speed from exit till opening, or at least only a large middle section of your jump, without any airplane exit or faster (then your slowest possible sustained) fallrate before that time. As that gives you a lot of energy that 'enhances/improves' your flight performance..

A plot of at least 1 to 2 minutes (mid flight) would be called sustained....anything under a minute at speeds like that 20mph are just peak-readings....

If a recording device switches off during a jump (protrack/altitrack) its because of a sudden drop in speed. Which means the device algorithms think its an opening. Its not slow speed itself that makes it think your canopy is open. As long as speed changes are gradual, it keeps logging. If its a quick change in speed (leveling off too quick, coming out of a dive, or directly after exit) the device will stop logging..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?