Basjkall

New suit?

A facetious comment for sure, maybe even sarcastic but there is a point to it.

There has been a recent trend towards bigger suits... just sticking more surface area on a suit isn't necessarily the best way to improve performance.

It should however reduce vertical speed for heavy flockers which is an advantage for well.. flocking if you are heavy. Truth is Flocking is where the majority of sales are, there is no shame is catering for this demand.

BTW this guy has studied WS aerodynamics quite a bit more than most people that post on this forum.

Don't get too paranoid about the fat American comments.

-Drunk Irish Guy ;)

the 'maybe hard' truth is that most guys in the big suits are outflying a lot of 'formaly believed to be better' suits...:P;)

There's definately a HUGE amount of flyers buying the bigger stuff to compensate for certain physical features, but trying to claim it flies like poopoo is definately ignoring reality for a big part..

And no matter how cool the videos are someone puts online of skimming some rocks, or how many hours he studies aerodynamics..

Backing off a little, working on overcoming his insecurities towards anyone not doing 100% like he does, understanding that 'being a rebel' is fun, but saying it every time you open your mouth doesnt buy you a lot of credit, and studying some social interaction and developing a personality seems like a better way to spend his time...

And looking down on flocking...most distance flying contests these days seem to be won by those same 'mere flockers' after which a dozen or so ecuses follow why the basers performed so sub-optimal...

The whole close proximity flying thing aside...when it comes to performance flying..air is air...and people with 200 times or more the practice (in terms of airtime) are quite likely to be able to fly towards the max of the performance envelope of their wingsuit then someone with less.

Base is amazing..you guys do stuff I can only dream off...and in terms of dangers its a whole different ballgame then skydiving....but MAN do some need to get their ego's back in line...:P;)

My 0 cents....(as Im cheep, and not giving away pennies to anyone who doesnt deserve em)

Lots of kisses to Baskjall from the man who likes flying with clogs in his huge scary balloonsuit!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

dear dutch druggie ;)...

no need to turn this into a BASE v Skydivers thing. it's not really relevant

some of the 'bigger suits' can have performance too. but "bigger is better" isn't always true (although i believe this was a quote from a BM rep about the beer can holders)

whatever your playground and whatever your game isn't really relevant (except perhaps for endurance).

don't get too wound up by sarcastic quips! and no need to attack a whole different sport because you don't like the comments of a few people.

c-ya

the 'maybe hard' truth is that most guys in the big suits are outflying a lot of 'formaly believed to be better' suits...:P;)

There's definately a HUGE amount of flyers buying the bigger stuff to compensate for certain physical features, but trying to claim it flies like poopoo is definately ignoring reality for a big part..

And no matter how cool the videos are someone puts online of skimming some rocks, or how many hours he studies aerodynamics..

Backing off a little, working on overcoming his insecurities towards anyone not doing 100% like he does, understanding that 'being a rebel' is fun, but saying it every time you open your mouth doesnt buy you a lot of credit, and studying some social interaction and developing a personality seems like a better way to spend his time...

And looking down on flocking...most distance flying contests these days seem to be won by those same 'mere flockers' after which a dozen or so ecuses follow why the basers performed so sub-optimal...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen average weight people in an sm1 get smoked by people in smaller suits. The suit does have a large wing area but if you do not use it correctly (proper Technique) then you will fall out of the sky like a brick. just adding wing area will NOT make you a better flyer. only way to do that is jump, and lots of them!!!

As far as the sour comments being made in this forum... I think its fucking hilarious. Jeff and I get a kick out of the stupid shit some of you guys say. Tony and jeff are working their asses off to make a superior product so everyone can enjoy our amazing sport. How many of you HATERS have even flown one of our new designs. We will be in Europe nest summer with demos, and actually Tony is there right now. What will you DO when us stupid FAT americans come over to skinny land and smoke you?

I am looking forward to flying with alot of people over there. Some of the best wingsuit pilots in the world are there, and all we want to do is fly and learn. lets have fun and take our sport further together, bickering about stupid shit will only hold us back.

Justin (stupid fat american) Shorb
Flock University
WSI#4
FU#2

TONYSUITS

Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

dear dutch druggie ;)...

no need to turn this into a BASE v Skydivers thing. it's not really relevant

Thats not what Im saying...its the low jumpnumbers and little experience Im talking about...and then using the fact that you practice another branch of the sport as compensation for that, while putting down anyone who's not playing your game;)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

bigger is not always better. The biggest suit i made was a piece of crap. It flew with insane lift but killed my arms by 11 grand. The leg wing was 60 inches wide and flaped more than most peoples gums do on this forum;). We don't just keep making bigger and bigger suits instead we are pushing the boundries of surface area by putting it in the right spot for better performance and ease of use. I can say that a suit with small wings will not keep up with a suit with large wings, unless a light pilot( in small wings) is flying with a heavy pilot ( in big wings) then they might be equal in lift but not necessarely forward speed, that is more dependent on how tall the pilots are. i have flown our largest suits with just about every body type and suit, while some have come close i have never been out flown in lift or forward speed. So buy a wingsuit i dont give a shit what kind just
buy one. :P:ph34r::D

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits
[url "http:/

i was hoping to not get sucked into such a discussion, these forums have a tendency to be viewed without tone and people can get very defensive very quick. i didn't mean to offend anyone or their flying creation.

disclaimer:
i am not sponsored and don't work for any manufacturer, as such i don't have an agenda unlike some others that post on this forum regularly. i do hold an agency for PF because i feel they offer the best in terms of Design, Quality and Service. the people that order suits through me are generally friends that already know what they want, it's not a commercial thing for me. any comments i post are strictly my own opinion based on my own observations.

I can say that a suit with small wings will not keep up with a suit with large wings

this is not always the case, it depends on the design of the suit. a suit with small wings can out glide a suit with a greater surface area.

Weight doesn't really come into glide ratio, only speeds (vertical and horizontal) i'll be the first to hold up my hand and say i know very little about aerodynamics, but this is basic stuff - you should know this.

i have flown our largest suits with just about every body type and suit, while some have come close i have never been out flown in lift or forward speed.

naturally you are trying to flog your suits so you claim it's the best, but there is no need for blatant untruths... i've seen posts of yours where you admit having been out flown.(the one where you showed that you thought max glide and max distance were different) didn't you also claim ludicrous glide ratios that just aren't possible from sustained flight in any suit.

i'm sure your suit is great, let the suit do the talking.

So buy a wingsuit i don't give a shit what kind just
buy one.

I've owned 3 different type of suit and still own 1, unfortunately a dislocated shoulder has kept me from jumping if for the last 3-4 months :(.

it's not a pissing contest, try and keep the discussion constructive. no need for BASE v Skydiving, brand wars, flocking v max distance ... blah blah blah.

oops i hit the reply button from your post in response to every post in this thread so dont take it personaly. And the fact is i have never been out flown yet. To say i was outflown on the first round of the distance challenge is not relivent those were two very different flight modes. I just flew the wrong one on the first round. having my head up my ass that day i just got out and flew like i normally do(for lift) most of the second flight I flew for distance and was able to go the farthest. When u fly for time you dont get the distance when you fly for distance you dont get the longest time. And remember I was flying a stock mach1 and Robbie was flying a new proto that is a bad ass suit. i have never flown with anyone as fast as him. :)

BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits

I did go to San diego and Santa barbara last year with the first mach1 Proto, the only person I jumped with in san diego was yoyo and flora and all we did was flock so I'm not sure how I was outflown there. and I did nothing but train students in Santa barbara so once again not sure about that one either. i have heard you mention this before and thought you were just bs'ing cause you (like myself) are a shit talker.
BUY A WINGSUIT
My Website
Tony Suits

I did go to San diego and Santa barbara last year with the first mach1 Proto, the only person I jumped with in san diego was yoyo and flora and all we did was flock so I'm not sure how I was outflown there. and I did nothing but train students in Santa barbara so once again not sure about that one either. i have heard you mention this before and thought you were just bs'ing cause you (like myself) are a shit talker.

In all fairness to you I was not there ( We were in Moab) but was told that you arrived with Tony suit demos at both DZ's, to include the latest then vampire killer the M1.

You didn't outfly/outglide the Vampire at SD. And according to the SB guys your vamire killer didn't even scare the Phantoms.

Now this is all just second hand info to me, feel free to say it never happened, no big. Don't feel bad, None of us can touch Jojo after breakoff either.