mccordia

www.wingsuitcompetition.com (2 way + camera, artistic event)

so what were the fall rates like? word on the street is that it sucked? maybe include a min fall rate or free fall time next year and minus points for not making the min required rate or time.

The score consisted of points + camera this time.

For the next edition, we'll be looking at only making the points flown part of the score.

And we'll be including artistic points (how smooth are transitions made) and points for flying (wingsuit freefall or wingsuit flight).

But thats all for stuff ahead of us...Video is in then worx..B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

so what were the fall rates like? word on the street is that it sucked?

The rules of the competition did not include any stipulations about fall rate or glide ratio - so some teams took the opportunity to use a higher fall rate to get more docks.

This was the first competition of its kind and it must be viewed as a test. The format proved successful but the organizers also learned where the weak points are..

Edit to add: The higher fall rates in rounds 4 & 5 were also a result of peoples limited back flying experience. Me and K found it very hard to fly efficiently and take docks. K had never back flew before the comp and my back flying was not accurate enough.. We were not proud of our "flying" in the latter rounds.
BASEstore.it

so what were the fall rates like? word on the street is that it sucked? maybe include a min fall rate or free fall time next year and minus points for not making the min required rate or time.

Nahh, dont knock it, flocking has a weaker glide angle than when we max out. Ok, maybe this is a bit less than that, who cares, were turning points, first priority, ask a 4 way team what there fall rate is.....
bottom line is scoring points then at 4 grand we can track like f§ck,

more fun than watching granma shave.....:)
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

and while were on it :)
we were told that we had to hold the grip for one full second, anyone not holding a grip for 25 frames will not score the point and the next point also, that we should count to 3 to score this second as 3 sec¨s to a skdiver is one to the video.

At first I hated this, I want to touch and go, BUT the 3 seconds you hold the grip for is plenty of time to get your ass+s pointed back to the DZ, so this is good I think,

Switzerland is cool too

go look up Lauterbrunnen

:)

tonysuits.com

Tony, try and get a copy of last months Paramag with the article on Patrick. There is a short section written about the current state of the wingsuit discipline written by Eric Fradet. It makes good reading.

Fall rates were so fast in some of the rounds that even camera wings would have been overkill. That needs to change else we are just reinventing FS.
BASEstore.it

Tony, try and get a copy of last months Paramag with the article on Patrick. There is a short section written about the current state of the wingsuit discipline written by Eric Fradet. It makes good reading.

Fall rates were so fast in some of the rounds that even camera wings would have been overkill. That needs to change else we are just reinventing FS.

ah but in this event, with a slow fall rate a team can score more with the longer working time, I really dont think fall rate is an issue, everyone is just doing there best, hey we^re flip flopping in tents, at hundreds of miles an hour by golly:)
how bout a move where the 2 flyiers have to 3d each other for 10 sec's? you could get extra points for being close, but then you get into judge's scoreing ass cet icly open's too many can's,

tonysuits.com

I think he is celebrating after his first wingsuit BASE jump :)

We met up with Tony and Jeff after their day-trip in Holland and I think its also safe to say they didnt go to Amsterdam to look at the cloggs and tullips:PB|

And regarding the fallrates, personaly I had hoped everyone would put the flying ahead of making tons of docks. But Im proud and excited about what all teams managed to show and do.

For the next competition, we will also be awarding points for style and flying, so we push this dicipline towards something that is closer to wingsuit flying.
GAP (later in the year, warmerB|) will be the most likely location for that, with FlyYourBody maybe hosting the event.

To make the competition more open to everyone, we will also focus more on belly-2-earth rounds.

And for those who asked...Im in the middle of finishing some television work, that needs to air by tuesday evening, so Ive been 'a bit busy'

Tuesday/Wednesday Ill hit the gas, and finish up on the competition video and slap that baby online!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think he is celebrating after his first wingsuit BASE jump :)

We met up with Tony and Jeff after their day-trip in Holland and I think its also safe to say they didnt go to Amsterdam to look at the cloggs and tullips:PB|

huh, there are no clogs nor Tulips in Amsterdam, cept the clog we won :)and we didnt base jump in Lautervrunnen just a helo from over by the Eiger, flew over a ridge into the very tall vally where the helo lives, finest skydive of my life, Inge and Herwig had joind us by then.

Larcaro WAS ALL it is cracked up to be and we had a very educatinal day with Yves Rossi in Bex, another fine DZ in Swiss,
home tommorow :(

tonysuits.com

To make the competition more open to everyone, we will also focus more on belly-2-earth rounds.

Please don't dumb it down! Challenge flyers...or atleast do different classes! Having those points challenges everyone to move forward in their skills!

Get off your bellies people!!:)

Please don't dumb it down! Challenge flyers...or atleast do different classes! Having those points challenges everyone to move forward in their skills!

Get off your bellies people!!:)

I dont see it as dumbing down if backflying manouvres are prohibiting people from actually flying their wingsuits.

There is a whole arena of belly flying figures (on more then the horizontal plane) still to be uncovered and played with.

Attached a preview of our groovy interface/scoring system
B|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

This is the end of the world as we know it. Today, the much feared tectonic shift finally happened: the gay flowers of freefly pants made its way to wingsuits.

I promise that I'll give up skydiving when I see two men in pink wingsuits ornamented with freefly flowers holding their hands on a dz and discussing how many times they touched each other in freefall. If I bump into them on a mountain, I just won't pull. ;)

I might not have high moral standards of Mother Teresa or pope, but this is way too revolutionary. Jarno, you're my hero!

Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

This is the end of the world as we know it. Today, the much feared tectonic shift finally happened: the gay flowers of freefly pants made its way to wingsuits.

This is old stuff you've never heard of the steep angled wing flight called flockmonauti? Yes it was also invented years ago by you know who!

I promise that I'll give up skydiving when I see two men in pink wingsuits ornamented with freefly flowers holding their hands on a dz and discussing how many times they touched each other in freefall. If I bump into them on a mountain, I just won't pull.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Here we go...(sorry it took so long)

left to right: Tristan, Jeff, Patrick, Jarno, Kristina

Taken from video shot by Costyn (his yahoo screams on video are hilarious).

The formation was flown as a 4 way for 10 and 20 something seconds (broken into a 3 way at some point by some dive-bombers trying to dock) it flew as a 5 way for about 6 seconds .

My (over)correcting on my arm prevented Kristina from docking sooner.
Definately something we will try and work on in Spain to see how big we can build itB|

And yeayea....Ill get to work on 'that other video' now..:P

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?