bergh

Suitable Canopy for Wingsuiting

Why not? What slider did you use?

I have no idea. It's not even my canopy I'm just borrowing it. It opens pretty much normal, no slider problem. But it's more hp then you'd generally want for wingsuit jumps. A spectre/tri/safire/pilot etc is much better.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Just my 2 cents,
Saskia is right . Springo is a HP canopy and here it isn't very much loved by the WS'ers . Personnaly , I jump my V1 with my Triathlon and my Prodigy with my Cobalt .
A+
Chris
PS Even Loic jump a sabre2 for WS so ......

I did over 400 wingsuit jumps under a Cobalt of one size or another. So long as they are in trim they are perfectly suitable for wingsuiting.

In the end, ANY canopy which opens straight enough on a continual basis and never requires you to reach for your risers during the opening sequence is fine.

Chris Martin made every single one of his 850+ wingsuit jumps under a Xaos 21.

I did over 400 wingsuit jumps under a Cobalt of one size or another. So long as they are in trim they are perfectly suitable for wingsuiting.

Ok. That worked for you, but it does not mean it is right for me. That wing load is too much for me with a wing suit together. I need some time to zip up and I don't really have that time under my Cobalt.

but it does not mean it is right for me. That wing load is too much for me with a wing suit together.

I know of several other people who feel the same way to include one BMI who stopped jumping his Cobalt due to the number of scary cutaways he had under it while wingsuiting. While some people may have no issues, it has been my experience that more people have expressed their not liking it as a WS canopy. With that said, any canopy that is out of trim or spec could potentially make for an unsettling experience under any circumstances.YMMV, so jump with a canopy you are both familiar and comfortable with.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

know of several other people who feel the same way to include one BMI who stopped jumping his Cobalt due to the number of scary cutaways he had under it while wingsuiting.

All I say: Cobalt + WL 1.6 = [:/].

I'd rather jump it
I jump a Pilot 150 with wing suit. It has a nice flat glide and I made it back from several long-long spots where I ended up with my wing suit.