SkymonkeyONE

Scott Bland is notsane......

...especially after his FIRST reserve ride this morning. Second jump on his new Tony Suit and...........wait for it..........he could not locate his handle. Beer for the first reserve ride and a bottle to the rigger. Scotty Burns and I fetched his freebag, so he took the rig straight to Sally and she packed it up for him. We are all on the next load again (me, Scotty, Scott, Grey Mike).

I will gladly help Scott drink his beer later.

It must be noted that Scott went over 2000 skydives before this, his first reserve ride.

Chuck

Scott bought a case of Shiner Boch for his first reserve ride. It was delicious.

It's amazingly funny to me that the info pipeline got so fucked up so fast that Scott Campos left repeated messages on my cellphone saying that he heard that "Scott had went in". That's very, very funny to us there at the Hills. Anyway, Scott has personally told Campos that he is, in fact, still alive.

The webbies will be cut off of Bland's suit tommorow first thing. The webbies will be gone and replaced with regular wrist cuffs and grippers. It's truly a beautiful suit, but man, I hate webbies.

I called you once after I heard that rumor and ended up talking to Kattie to get the low down. It's good to hear that Bland is OK as bounce rumors usually end up being true. So that brings it up to 3 reserve rides in roughly a month due to the webbies if my count is correct. Hopefully Tony is taking note of this and making changes.I'd hate to see someone get hurt or die due to something like webbed gloves.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

No I'm not dead, but thanks for being concerned.

The jump was my 3rd on this suit and probably my 6th on suits that feature webbies. I have around 150 board jumps with webbies too.

On this dive I put my hand back for the handle and felt absolutely nothing. I knew the handle was there since I checked it before exit, my packer packs the PC so it holds tight against the pouch lip and no-one had touched me during that dive. It's a PVC style handle rather than a hackey so it should be easy to feel the hard edges even though a glove. Two more tries and I still couldn't feel anything. I glanced at the ground to check my altitude and considered trying some more, but I knew I wouldn't have any luck. I pulled the silver handle and after a clean, quick but not jarring reserve opening I was in the saddle at 2400'. I unzipped and checked for the handle. It was right where it should be.

Lessons learned? Pulling a little high with a wingsuit is still probably a good idea. For me, I'm ditching the webbies. Hell, I don't even like to wear gloves. I really like to be able to feel what I'm grabbing and quickly determine if it's my wing or my handle. I've jumped suits where the arm wings were so big it took 4 or 5 times to claw my way to the handle through the wing.

Sounds like you guys have been having alot of fun since flock in sock down there. Not to mention learning how to cut a way these new Tony suits and getting good under reserves.
Tony Uringallo 1
normiss 2
Scotty's chick 1 (cypres fire)
Scott Bland 1

Impressive stats for only one month.

Looks like now with Chuck in z hills that is the place to be for wingsuits!!!

I jumped the webbed suits a couple of times and yeah you do loose a bit of your dexterity and sensation due to the material but I was able to feel and get my hackey out. I didn't really dig them either..
I know the new Tony Suits fly awesome and I believe that the webbies are great for those who like them since It makes sense that you will get more lift wearing them. I also hear they make steering with just the hands a breeze.
In closing, I think the suits design and build are fantastic and nobody should put them down untill thy've tried them...
blue skies and fat clouds.

PS...
Scott Im glad to hear you made It ok... I remember having a converstion with you about the webbies at rantoul B|
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

Sorry Marc (normis) 1 chop. Just pointing out how crazy the month has been since flock n dock not putting down Tonys Wingsuits. I own a Tony FF Suit , FF Pants and FF Shorts as well have owned two Jedei's so its nothing personal twords Tony at all. So I have no problem supporting Tony with money nothing has ever been given to me. However. lets be honest I can come up with all kinds of things I don't have to fly, drive, or wear to know that they are not the same level as their competitor so I don't think that cliche' always works. You guys be safe down there no matter what your jumping!! Anyway we know its those crazy Z Hill Pilots :ph34r:

Glad you're okay. I'm not a fan of the "man from atlantis webbed fingers" either...just a bit more confinement in an emergency situation than I care to deal with.

I'm swinging thru there Sunday on my way to ATL but will certainly visit often for Wingsuit and CRW events! miss ya tons! (BTW...you have such a beautiful wife...muah!!!!)

I jump a tonysuit. On mine, the fingertips are open so I can feel things fine. I've never had a problem finding my handle.

The only downside to them that I can see is the slippery zp palm could suck if you have a hard cutaway. I have hard housings, so I'm not too worried about it, but I'll probably put something a little tackier on the palm.
Other than that, I love the suit.
The magnets instead of snaps and the velcro strips on the leg zippers make it really easy to get on in a 182 and alot easier to get off under canopy. And it's nice not having to attach the rig to the suit. I like that I can do back to back tandem video/wingsuit loads with the same rig without having to hurry up and thread my wings together.

I jump a tonysuit. On mine, the fingertips are open so I can feel things fine. I've never had a problem finding my handle.

The only downside to them that I can see is the slippery zp palm could suck if you have a hard cutaway. I have hard housings, so I'm not too worried about it, but I'll probably put something a little tackier on the palm.
Other than that, I love the suit.
The magnets instead of snaps and the velcro strips on the leg zippers make it really easy to get on in a 182 and alot easier to get off under canopy. And it's nice not having to attach the rig to the suit. I like that I can do back to back tandem video/wingsuit loads with the same rig without having to hurry up and thread my wings together.

At the recent Flock n Dock event, Tony had a lot of varieties available to demo. He did a great job taking the pros/cons of the other manufacturers and there was very positive feedback at the event. I also like his price point and buying program for a beginner or intermediate as they progress to the more advanced suits. I too like the fact that you get performance without having to cable in/out of your rig for flexibility of switching disciplines throughout the jump day.B|

I still do not understand the advantage of "not having to cable up" to my rig...by the time you get his suit on, then fasten the leg straps...same time.
Takes me no longer to switch over than they do.
IMO anyway!
Not to dis his suits...I like the way they fly...I just don't see that as any advantage over the traditional wing suits.
:)

I still do not understand the advantage of "not having to cable up" to my rig...by the time you get his suit on, then fasten the leg straps...same time.
IMO anyway!
Not to dis his suits...I like the way they fly...I just don't see that as any advantage over the traditional wing suits.

That's fair balance. I'm sure Birdman, PhoenixFly, and TonySuits will all find their niche audience. As I used to tell a customer of mine, "build it, there are enough customers for you and your competition". He built it and is doing quite well. I feel the same for wingsuits..there's enough business to go around and nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. B|

IMO anyway!

I guess we should all get rigs with B-12 snaps... then it really would make a difference... right?

HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733