Lok

New Wingsuit model!

That is the Glide System 1 (formally know as the sugarglider) It is real I have 3 of them (2 demos)

Actually it is formally known as as the Glide System 1, it was formerly known as the SugarGlider.

(Yeah, I'm really bored:P)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Is this real or just a joke??

Both.

Care to elaborate as to why you think it's a joke?

No.

edit...

And I was just joking. OK, I shall elaborate.

This suit has potential but needs a LOT of work. Lose about 80% of the unnecessary contraptions and fringes (eg, the velcro-on collar, the weirdness around the ankles). Don't make it modular (detachable wings). This suit could easily weigh less than half what it does.

The legs (not leg wing) and butt need some serious redesign to fit properly to keep from losing tension in relaxed flight. This is key to making it viable on a day-to-day basis. The arm wings fly just fine in any mode (high arm strength/endurance needed).

The sunken rig tray is counterproductive, IMO. Rather than create an single smooth surface, I have a rig surrounded by a canyon of drag. While I have no problem reaching around the wing, the PC gets caught between the rig and the tray.

The suit moves forward slowly in anything but an all out tracking position, even with the tail wing on; compared to the three-wing suits. It's nowhere near as responsive as the BirdMan or PF suits in turns. But this is also a different breed of suit. It's a "floatsuit".

If anyone ever wants to know what it's like to come to damn near a complete STOP without a canopy over your head -- give this suit try.

No.

edit...

And I was just joking. OK, I shall elaborate.

This suit has potential but needs a LOT of work. Lose about 80% of the unnecessary contraptions and fringes (eg, the velcro-on collar, the weirdness around the ankles).

I agree with losing the collar and I like the new ankles system on the newer suits. Much smoother.

Don't make it modular (detachable wings).

Detachable wings are a cool idea. Saves bying a new suit for different types of flying.

This suit could easily weigh less than half what it does.
Why is weight a problem?? Id actually like my suit GS1 heavier. Im over 90 kgs and set the longest flight time at the Marl contest. Weight isnt an issue as much as we all thought it was.

The legs (not leg wing) and butt need some serious redesign to fit properly to keep from losing tension in relaxed flight.

I havent noticed this so much, maybe i gotta fat arse and it fills it out. lol Also, dont fly it like a birdman suit. Feet should be open out wide. Feels like daffy duck but your tension will dramatically increase.

This is key to making it viable on a day-to-day basis. The arm wings fly just fine in any mode (high arm strength/endurance needed).

Also learning how to fly relaxed properly will make a huge difference here.

The sunken rig tray is counterproductive, IMO.
Rather than create an single smooth surface, I have a rig surrounded by a canyon of drag.
OK thats your opinion, and cool every ones got one including me, but i cant see it making any difference that could be noticed.

While I have no problem reaching around the wing, the PC gets caught between the rig and the tray.

Never been my problem but personally i always reach from the centre of my boc and feel my way out to my hacky, this way ive never had an issue.

The suit moves forward slowly in anything but an all out tracking position, even with the tail wing on;

It all depends on how you fly it. At Cochstedt I never had a speed issue, in fact I was going pretty slow for what the suit can do even during the fastest flocks. When I had a flat spin on exit and was about 1200 feet low as the formation flew away from me, I kicked into the suit out and took off after them, The closing speed was amazing, too much in fact and had to scoot over the formation not to run into them before coming around to my slot. The lift is incredible.
What also was amazing is that I could fly slow and Im a heavy guy and still stay up with the skinniest of jumpers.
Try flying it steeper

compared to the three-wing suits. It's nowhere near as responsive as the BirdMan or PF suits in turns.

Say what??? In fact it has more!!!

But this is also a different breed of suit. It's a "floatsuit".

Its good at that two, especially adding 2.5 secs to the existing world record at Marl getting 58.7 secs for 1000 mtrs and an Ave of 37mph but I could only get that at high forward speed. Its all how you fly it dude.

If anyone ever wants to know what it's like to come to damn near a complete STOP without a canopy over your head -- give this suit try.

Why not!

In my opinion...
This suit is so worth the try but itll take you at least 20 to 30 jumps at least just to really work it out properly but Wow is it worth it. She is fast, floaty and fantastic in formations.
Especially if your a medium or bigger person and sick of dropping out of flocks or not getting back up this is the ultimate suit.
She will fly anywhere, fantastic for ws camera flyer too.

Rocket Rod

I agree with what Rod has said on all his points above. Rod never had a problem getting and staying with the flock in Cochstedt. The times I used him as a base and had him kick it out, others had to work hard to stay with him as it was a very fast horizontal flock. What type of performance you get really depends on how you fly any suit, to include that suit. In almost all of the video debriefs you could always see Rod's tail wing flapping as he easily stayed towards the front of the flock.

His flat spin on exit was quite remarkable but he did make it to the formation and picked up a slot while many were still flying to the formation. For Rod, that suit fits his flying style(apparently they play wingsuit rugby in Oz as everyone was tackling him and he didn't mind) and he definately can fly it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So, this suit has some really good ideas but a really retarded way to deliver them.

This suit is trying to combine the arm wing and the leg wing. this is a bad idea. eficiency of gliders is indirectly a function of their aspect ratio. this suit gives the whole body an aspect ration of about 1:.7 this is not good. this gives the leg wing a grossly less effective airflow.

good ideas of this suit
connecting the arm wing to the rig(sitting the rig in a balloon of the wingsuit) , making it a "upper body wing"

bad ideas for this suit:
connecting the armwing to the leg.
not ending the upper body wing at the bottom of the rig

i need a sewwing machine.

-SPACE-

You really should have asked me to let you fly it and then you could have made a more educated statement.

The suit flys just fine -- and I am pretty sure everyone who watched me fly it this weekend would agree that this suit when flown properly can do just as good as any other suit. (and I removed the add on leg wing - it really just flaps and gets annoying)

The GS1 is comfortable to fly in a flock and can keep up (forward speed) and keep down(make the suit not float) with any other suit out there --- I personnally will never try to 'max out' the suit as that is very strenous -- or maybe I am just a pussy!

I was able to keep up with a V2 at break off -- and this is one of the faster V2 flyers out there.

This suit is just different - I agree there may be some gimmicky stuff on the suit but is does fly well once you learn how to fly it

So don't slam it before you try it

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

wasnt slammin it homeslice,
just saying that it could have been made even better. adding the balloon around the rig AND the connected arm/leg was not a great idea methinks. but you right, i have never flown it. if anything, i was slamming PF not sugar.

of course, they did it, i didnt. so im just talk.

-SPACE-

Gee, I'm really not sure if they work. I'm seriously having my doubts after a monowing won the Russia World Wingsuit Comp. :S
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957