KrisFlyZ

Request for V2 pics

Here ya go Kris. The first is a frontal pic, the second is from the top looking down. You can use landmarks like the cable sleeve, arm zipper, and stitch that runs along the top edge of the body. In the second you can see that the top edge stitch is pretty much aligned in the middle of the inlet.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Thanks Gadget and Tony. I will take a look when I get home...see how it compares.

O.k Got home...they are the same 10 cm for near end of the inlet and 14 cm for the far end of the inlet.

However, If the zip sits further up on my arm then it does for you even by 2-3 cm, that can throw things off...if no one else is posting picture of themselves wearing the suit, will have to wait for Robi or James to get back from vacation.

Kris.

Here's my best guess,
You checked the measurements and they are ok.
I would say go off the top body seam that runs from the neck to the shoulder. Extending a line from that seam should roughly intersect near the middle of the edge of inlet. If this also looks okay then maybe your problem is that you're gliding too steeply and no air is coming from in front :P;) The vents might not work if you're falling straight down belly to earth.. :P
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Nice one Tony. It may be what you said. One other big difference I see is thet the inlet on your suit looks more like a scoop vs it lays flat on mine.

If you look at the suit when worn in the pics in this post, you can see that the seam on the shoulders actually sits behind the centre of the shoulder. Also on the first picture you can see how far behind on the shoulders the seam is sitting.

In the post referenced in the link, the Phantom inlets and the seam on that suit is visible...midway on the shoulder.

Kris.

I don't have pix right now but my inlets are similar to Tony's. BTW the inlets really flatten out as I drop my arms and stand up (open) only as I fully extend my arms. I noticed that in this pic ClosedInlets.JPG (110 KB) of yours that your left inlet is open and the right one appears closed. Have you had any success resolving this issue?
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Back off holiday! You can email us if you think there is a problem with your suit.

Here is a photo of my V2 inlets. I notice in your photos you are leaning forward/ rolling your shoulders in an unnatural position (?) Would be good if you re-took the photo standing as you were with the Phantom on.

Long flights
J
BASEstore.it

Thanks James. I will be sending you the pics as you requested this evening. The position in the pic you have mentioned is an unnatural position(I mentioned this in both my posts )....I was just trying to get a pic so that inlets are visible from the same level.

Guys, James contacted me while he was on vacation and advised me that he had to relearn flying the V2 after doing a lot of Phantom jumps(at the comps).

While I don't think that it should be a struggle to just get the wing inflated consistently...it seems a reasonable thing to do to try a few more jumps maybe even stick the xacti on my helmet so that it has a view of the right inlet while inflight.

That should give more input as to whether its a suit issue or a pilot issue.

I cannot jump during the week and it may take me a couple of weeks to even put a jump(this sunday looks jumpable...fingers crossed)) on the suit. I will update this post with my findings either way.

Kris.

Kris, give it a break buddy.....Your vents are in the same position as mine, I dont seem to have any problems. Of course the vents will lay flat when your not jumping. There were three V2's jumping with me today from a cliff and the vents all layed flat, even Mr. Phoenix Fly's himself. Once you exit they inflate right away. You do understand areodynamics, correct? Low pressure\high pressure, lift, etc., right? The low pressure on the top of the wing allows the inlets to open (bernoulies principle or somehting like that) I find that these vents maintain pressure better than others as well. They are harder to depressurize when collapsing the wings to dive down. All I am saying is that maybe its hard to get those vents to open while behind a computer:P. Take care man, had a good time in Kjerag!
Doug

Guys the issue has been solved it was happening due to how the MLW sat in regards to the inlet. It is a reproducible issue and also an entirely avoidable one.

Yo! Doug,

Try this....just pull one of the wings up more under the MLW(when you do this you will notice the inlet will look like the right inlet looked in the pics I posted) and go jump. No, I was not doing this on purpose...it happened on all three times I wore the suit and the rig(I tend to do the chest strap on the loose side for wingsuits(it is still pretty tight but ...), luckily someone was standing behind me to check if the video was pointed correctly at the inlet and noticed that the suit was sitting uneavenly.

The problem was that the right inlet arm wing was getting pulled under the MLW just enough so that the inlet opening would shut when the arms wings were extended(this is visible in the pics I posted before). All it took was someone standing behind me while I was wearing the rig to notice and we knew on the ground that we fixed the problem. This was a user issue but can happen to anyone. Infact the PF guys should thank me for identifying and solving this problem. :P. It happened once its going to happen again.

Kris.

Infact the PF guys should thank me for identifying and solving this problem. :P. It happened once its going to happen again.

Kris.

Wow, Kris I'm sure PF will honour you with a golden chocolate medal... seriously, just gear up properly and you won't have problem of this nature, Mate!

This was a user issue but can happen to anyone.

I disagree, I believe this issue can only happen to muppets.

Infact the PF guys should thank me for identifying and solving this problem. It happened once its going to happen again.

You are a muppet! ;)

Still in Norway jumping 5000+ ft cliffs, I will head home in late November.
Maybe I can bring myself to fly with you guys,

You know Doug, since I like you and all I will waive my fee to do your recurrency jump ---- your gonna look real funny in the Pro Tek helmet though:P:P

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid