KrisFlyZ

Request for V2 pics

Does the suit not fit me?
There is fit(a) and then there is fit(b).

a) The first one is when the length of the suits is correct for you. If you are in the market for a
cheap used suit, that is when you settle for something like the one I recieved.

b) The suit fits you like a glove. It is made for you. It should fit you exactly. I have long legs
and a short torso...this is an advantage because a 4 inch increase in the inseam measurement means that the legwing will be 25% bigger in area. Want to know how a proper fitting suit will look like? Take a look at how Robi's suits fit him or better yet look at the Max_pf video and see how Max's suit fits him. Want to see what a custom suit should not look like? Take a look at the attached pics.

You may have noticed that instructions in the advertisement that I have posted. The suit will fit a person that has a much longer torso than me and the same shoulder to floor.

Kris.

I figured it out Kris -- in the second pic it all made sense ---- you have no 'junk' to take up the extra room:P

Sorry when you take a pic of your crotch you have to expect it

That must be it, Jason. :oI am a muppet with no junk.......No wonder then Arai....I have no choice but to fondle myself :P.

Kris.

Kris, I am glad you got the suit flying. Still, this comment:

it happened on all three times I wore the suit and the rig(I tend to do the chest strap on the loose side for wingsuits(it is still pretty tight but ...),

got me to wondering where you picked up that habit. Our school has always been one that taught "freefly tight" chest straps. That for several reasons: first, your deployment forces are to the rear; and second, the closer-in MLW prevented your vents from becoming covered on other-than-phantom-vented-type suits. Still, I don't see how that last bit would have mattered with the "phantom vents." They are very slick designs, as are the Acro top vents.

There was another post in this thread where someone quoted James as saying he had to "relearn" his V2 after making many Phantom flights. He's not the only one I know that has said that. In fact, Scotty Burns found it difficult to find the sweet spot in his V2 after so many V1 flights and now all the jumps he has on his big Tony suit. Ultimately, I think that if you are going to own and operate several different types of equipment, you might as well stay current on all of them. If not, then just go ahead and sell the stuff you don't want to jump anymore. There a ton of folks out there looking for newer, high-end suits. I swap back and forth between my S6 and Vampire (V1) with regularity as I have still not decided that either is the best tool for the job. I like them both very much.

Chuck

All good points.

Let's not confuse the issue here. I will post another reply to the gearing up questions.

I don't want this suit because it does not fit. I have one big suit only. That is the V2(and yes if it fits properly it is the best suit that money can buy).

As far as currency goes absolutely agree. I don't want to spend the money jumping(and getting current) on a suit that does not fit(already wasted plenty of time and money jumping the V1). This suit will work well for someone that is the same height(shoulder to floor) as me but a longer torso.

I will be happier with a suit that is made to fit my measurements even if it is not the 'best performance suit' in the market.

Kris.

Hi Kris,

How does the position of the crotch on the suit affect the flying performance?

You really should not even be asking that question...and it is also besides the point(I have answered it below anyway).

I have seen how Richard's Acro fits him....Here are initial pictures of the V1. See how perfectly the suit fits. Can a customer not expect that a suit fits like that or is a cm off from you guys?

It is not the position of the crotch....it is the fact that the leg wing area is reduced (a lot..the leg wing area is 25% less for a 4 inch difference in inseam length) on a suit that has an effect on performance.

You are trying to spread your legs and stretch a leg wing not from the point at which you naturally spread your legs(the crotch) from, but from a point much lower....not the most comfortable thing to do. It is like spreading your legs with your pants 4 inches below your crotch.

The is the first we have heard about your new V2 not fitting!?

I emailed Robi and told him this suit fits better than the first V2 but is about 2 inches off at the torso. It looked like 2 inches off initially, it is more like 4 inches as you can see from the pics.

Robi knows my measurements exactly because me and him are so close in measurements....according to him. I am 2 cm longer in the legs and 2.7 cm shorter in the torso measurement. Some guy that was taught how to make suits at the birdman factory by Robi made me two perfect suits(GTI and S3). How come three suits (V1, the V2 that was sent back and the current one) all fit me badly?

The measurement sent for the body was 26.5 inches for the V2. Why was the body off by almost 8 inches the first time and is off by 4plus inches now?

All I want is to put this behind me and have fun flying a suit that fits me properly. I still have my Phantom and will enjoy flying it.

Kris.

Yes, I agree with James here; I also prefer that if two grown men are gonna have intimate discussions of their crotches they should keep it in PM/emails. ;):P
Mine's got <1 inch clearance if you must know.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Mine's got <1 inch clearance if you must know.

But wasn't that from pulling it during your "A" jump stall event?
I personnaly have a lot of clearance as mine goes into my unused BASE PC pouch. Just in case there are a few interested female lurkers:) but the texans can disregard.

I personnaly have a lot of clearance as mine goes into my unused BASE PC pouch. Just in case there are a few interested female lurkers:) but the texans can disregard.

:D:D

Glen, Kris is at Perris right now for the big way RW. Why dont you have her take a picture of what actually fills your pouch.....:P

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com