saly

FlocKZN

The flock grows here in KZN in South Africa.

Tonto with some birds can down to teach some first flights and show other birds how to fly.

Five new birds later with at least 6 more before Wed, this can only grow. We even managed to get a five way flock.

This rocks!

---------------------------------------------
If you don't have wings you will never fly

Wow!!!!!! B| is all I can say.

This baby bird just wants more!!!

Thanks a stack to Tonto, Pierre and Bernard for an awesome weekend.

It was just too cool having two of them watch me flail along in the sky for the first jump, and do a five way flock on jump 6.

These guys are good....;)

hi there KZN birds ! i flocked off to cape town after our weekend together so havent been able to post!
MEGA THANK YOU TO EVERYONE at skydive PMB and DURBAN! you guys really rocked our worlds! great people, great dropzones, great views !!!!

i can assure all of you we will be back!

ps ill post some pictures and full report a littlke later

:)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

It was great having yo guys down.

The scope of what we can do in KZN has huge potential, next time we can explore the terrain a bit more.

---------------------------------------------
If you don't have wings you will never fly

Three PASA Wingsuit instructors (Tonto, Pierre and Bernard) headed to KZN for 5 days to convert some verticals to the flock.

We had no idea how much enthusiasm lay between the Drakensberg and the Durban, but we were about to find out!

We planned on two first jump wingsuit classes followed by the required progression jumps with an instructor. Our program consists basically of a 5 jump program each with its own set of progressions with the idea being that the flyer should be comfortable to start being a part of 4 – 6 way flocks when they have completed the program. Jumpers with less more than 500 jumps are not required by PASA to go through training or briefing but nearly all the people we encountered were hungry for information on advance flying and flocking skills.

Without fail every single student performed on the button and performed exceptionally well – most students started with decent rates of 100-115 mph on jump one followed by an 85-95mph decent rate followed by a jump 3 and 4 with a very comfortable 65-75mph (flocking speed in smaller suit) decent rate with nice sideways, forward, up and down movement.

Congrats to the following students who are now fully fledged! We shall be back for more soon guys!

1. Stuart Taylor (GTi)
2. Gavin Morrison (GTi)
3. Vernon Kloppers (Phi)
4. Jodi Horning (GTi)
5. Tamsyn Souchon (GTi)
6. Ralph Loggenberg (GTi)
7. Pierre Loubser (Phi)
8. Rogan Brent (GTi)
9. Francois Barnard (GTi)

Once again congrats and welcome to the flock :)

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

You guys have really started something now >:(. I am grumpy as all hell from not being able to play this weekend!! It's a drug, I tell you! Two more sleeps to weekend....Then more of those minute plus freefalls B|

They don't call it the nylon crack for nothing!

nice to see the SA wingsuiters keep up the good work

I'm looking forward to being in country in the new year and getting my flock on! (hopefully a more sucessfull trip than the AFFC...)

Going to make them work, though, my new suit is faaaaaast.

I think Robi called it the V2 because it goes like a rocket... B|

It's not the suit that makes Sam fast. He has a tractor beam - like in Star Trek - that he latches onto other stuff and pulls him where he wants to go. (And he sews extra stuff to his suits... and cuts holes in his pilot chute to go faster..;))
It's the year of the Pig.

All I can say is: PAC 750 XL
When that thing starts flying you better be ready for some serious flocking.

All I can say to that is, be careful with your exits and don't hit the tail like someone else I know:P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING