Richyb

BPA Wingsuit Law?

...or if you can already demonstrate proficiency at wingsuit jumping from having learnt abroad (e.g. sufficient log-book entries, video etc) you many continue. Again, that too is subjet to CCI permission. The more jumps you come back with, the better though. If you've got <200 total, I can't think of a DZ in the UK that will let you jump one.

Richard
--
BASE #1182
Muff #3573
PFI #52; UK WSI #13

It has been my experience that of all the UK students I have instructed here in the US, none have been told they could not jump their suit when they retuned to the UK or elsewhere. All BirdMan instructors will make the neccessary annotations in a students log book, upon successful completion of the FCC, for those people who's parachute association has a different requirement.

BirdMan has been in contact and has worked with most of the countries parachuting regulating bodies in order to maintain and assure them that the quality of instruction people receive from a certified BirdMan instructor is of the highest standards. This was done to ensure that when people travel abroad and receive training from a BMI the CCI/DZO back at their home DZ can rest assurd that the person is not only proficient enough to fly the suit but they are also not a safety risk to themselves or other skydivers.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Well, I had no luck jumping at Hinton

Where did you do your first flight course at and who gave it to you? Did you show the CCI your log book?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

:SIn the uk ,total jumping for 15 months ,232 jump,s ic1 ,ch2, done 3 suit jumps with bmi at weston on the green , came back to my home dz ,not allowed to jump the wingsuit ,which i brougth new, a gti ,cci said does not know much about wind suit flying, so to cover her ass cci said noooooooooo.but i find away round that ?or not,>:(
The point of no return what a rush.

A video of your jump is not the be all and end all. What is important is for the instructor to asses your ability to fly a wingsuit and then sign your log book accordingly.

As is my understanding from what you are saying, after 3 flights your BMI does not yet feel you are ready to be flying a wingsuit on your own and has therefore stated this in your log book.

For this reason you should not expect any CCI to allow you to simply show up and fly a wingsuit. While the BMI rating is not yet recognised by the BPA it is still a very very good indication to a CCI of your ability.

Please understand no one is trying to stop you having fun, just trying to keep you alive.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Dan,

So names don't go into public view, pm me the name of your CI. It's quite possible I know her. Her email address would be helpful too.

I'll email her a copy of the Wingsuit Procedure Manual that the APF (Aussie Parachute Federation) has "adopted" for all of our CI's to at least have a reference document to refer to.

That may help, especially if your CI is who I think she is.

Blue Skies,

fergs
BMCI

jump number 253 /20/8/05/ 1st.... birdman flight.......nice exit,nice pattern flow ,poor arm and leg position but stable and solid ,straighton legs ,roll shoulders ,crook elbows ,and trail hands, do practic pulls earlier on., think about deploment more, collapes arm and legs after pull well done Graig Poxon D11665 BASE 803 BMI/PFI#4............................................................2nd jump 20/8/05 nice exit much better body position but arms and legs can be stronger. very poor pattern try and avoid flying into large banks ofg clouds, collabe wings and drop down in cloud , if you are going to fly in cloud beaware of other traffic gliders, and fly intended pattern Graig Poxon D1165 Base 803 BMI/PFI#4............................................................3rd and last so far.....Very nice exit again, and good intial position ,but soon reverted to position on first jump, of crooked arms and bent legs. Didn't respond to repeated signals ,think hard about body position ,and be prepared on the ground before you go in the air ,muscle memory!!! good wave off and deployment ,recommend consistent improved body position before jumping with others. D11665 Base 803 BMI/PFI#4 the end.
The point of no return what a rush.

Dude, i'm not trying to be funny, but after reading that no wonder the CCI wouldn't let you jump. Her knowledge, or lack of, about wingsuit flying doesn't even need to come into it.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Dude, i'm not trying to be funny, but after reading that no wonder the CCI wouldn't let you jump. Her knowledge, or lack of, about wingsuit flying doesn't even need to come into it.

A lot of newbies fly like that actually, it's been only 3 jumps. So what if his body position isn't perfect? That doesn't create a hazard. He just gets less freefall time. IMO, exit, pattern and deployment are more important. He'd be allowed to jump at our DZ. Then again we do have the 200 jumps and be very current rule here, as opposed to the UK.

ciel bleu,
Saskia