namdrib

Repair Question?

Does anyone know of someone that repairs BM suits or is it best just to send them to Birdman, Inc.? I messed mine up on Sunday and wish to get it repaired but don't know where to send it.
I have a small hole in the "Ass Spoiler" and a large hole right beside the stitch of the ass spoiler of my S-1. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

I had one of mine repaired at Action Air Parachutes, in Davis, California.

It's generally my impression that when it's a matter of patching ZP, you can basically take it to any rigger qualified to do so. In other words, if you'd trust them to patch holes in your canopy, they're probably ok to patch holes in your wings.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Kim P. at Birdman recommended Terry to me as well. I haven't called him yet because I have a new (camera) wing suit being shipped Any Day Now which is spreading my suit budget really thin. The contact info is:

Aero Tech Products
Terry Pike
1515 Kevin Lane
DeLand, FL 32724
Email: aerotechproducts AT mindspring DOT com
Phone: 385-736-3276
Fax: 386-738-1982

Well everyone has their recommendations so I have mine,

William Linne
2830 Meadow Lane
Falls Church, Virginia 22042
703-532-0709

www.varigging.com

He does an awesome job. He has repaired a rib in my wing as well as done some pretty nice mods for the various experiments i've done.

Kim P. at Birdman recommended Terry to me as well.

I have been trying to find a used Gti to fit me for months now. I finally called Birdman and asked if they could modify one in the hips to fit, I had the idea of sewing some spandex into the butt seam below the back panel of spandex and above the leg wing. Diagram attached.

Kim said if anybody would/could do it without having to send it overseas, Terry could. So, I found one that fit perfectly in height, bought it and he charged me $80. I should get it in the mail this week. His work is supposed to be extremely high quality. I'll let y'all know how it turned out.

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.

I had the idea of sewing some spandex into the butt seam below the back panel of spandex and above the leg wing. Diagram attached.

diagram not attached... yet...
well, you might as well wait a few days and post pics :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hmm, interesting modification. It very well might work for giving you room across the hips. The only downside I can see to it,depending on where he sews the spandex, is that when you straighten your legs out the suit might not feel like it is tightenning up on the back side. Now if he sews in an additional piece of material it shouldn't be an issue, much like adding an additional front zipper to an original Classic I. Let us see pictures and know how it works out for you.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

That looks pretty good. That is right in line with the existing piece of spandex on the back so it shouldn't be an issue. I was picturing it more directly over the hip bones. Does it fit now? Take some pictures;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'm borrowing a friend's Triathlon 160 for the first few jumps then using my Crossfire 160 after that. I'm packing it up in my beautiful Talon for the boc. I'd really rather not convert the Mirage. The suit is ti-eeet. I'm gonna exercise my ass off so I don't rip it. :$

Sunday was supposed to be the big day, however some chick named Jeanne is totally f'ing up my whole weekend.

"I know it's friday night, but come on. Surely there's something better to do than yell at people on the internet?" - Tom A.