rmcvey

anyone got pantz?

There is a pretty good article in this months Skydiver about the pants characteristics and how to properly fly them. Check it out
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I have a quick question about the pantz and didnt want to start another thread. Are there any negatives to wearing the pantz during a jump where you wont be tracking the whole thing? In a stabile arch, is there a tendency to backslide or anything? Thanks!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

aye, to the contrary you would think you would be prone to forward movement.....

Or somewhat-forward-but-mostly-headdown movement :S.

I've only got 2 pantz jumps so far:
The first one was a low hop. Did a hanging-from-strut exit then went into a track agressively and almost went headdown as a result. Didn't have much time to experiment further that jump. I rather felt like the one time I put those inflatible swimming wing thingies for kids on my ankels instead of my arms..... blub :S

Next jump was from 12k, exited delta, slowly went into a track, meep meep......!! Wow.....!

But you have to compensate with your upper body a lot.

Did a sit for the last bit of the jump, since the legs inflate they create a lot of drag, more then my FF pants so I probably didn't go very fast, but it was definitely doable.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Does anyone know how high the cliff...is?

It's around 2000' to impact (with a "normal" track), and another 2500 or so of talus, I believe.

You might want to have a look at the Naming Names thread. The terminal wall in Northern Italy is very well known, but the number of accidents there is quite high. Access to the cliff is threatened by repeated incidents, many of which have involved inexperienced BASE jumpers who heard about the cliff at a dropzone, or on forums like this one.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

The terminal wall in Northern Italy is very well known, but the number of accidents there is quite high. Access to the cliff is threatened by repeated incidents, many of which have involved inexperienced BASE jumpers who heard about the cliff at a dropzone, or on forums like this one.

I heard about it from a wonderful video that showcases all kinds of jumping all over the world, Don't remember any bleeping of names in it. ( cone of silence off - inspecter gadjet out)

I heard about it from a wonderful video that showcases all kinds of jumping all over the world, Don't remember any bleeping of names in it. ( cone of silence off - inspecter gadjet out)

Yep, people from all over the world throw around video, give out directions, and tell people how to get there. Ever wonder how the Italians feel about that?

You might want to read what the local Italian jumpers had to say in this thread (check post #9). In relevant part:

Would you mind NOT to mention site's names...please?
Leave it alone the name of our terminal wall, that, unfortunately, is famous, by now (we would have preferred not...), but, please, please, please, STOP mentioning on the Internet the names of sites.
Thanks so much.
Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689, a concerned local

A little respect for the locals goes a long way--and disrespecting the locals is (a) BASE jumpers number one complaint about skydivers, and (b) non-Americans number one complaint about Americans.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

Sorry Tom, I do agree with your requests and the reasoning behind it. I'm just poking fun at your approach to it. But I've heard from people that know you that you are good hearted and can take it.
I don't base but I respect the guys that push their side of our respective envelope no matter what the discipline, Base, swoop, wingsuit, etc. And whatever it takes to get to that edge and maintain a working relationship with that environment.
I really LOVE watching all of these visuals in whatever format I can and would not like it if it was all done in secret. These videos are good can't believe you want to keep them to yourself and not share.
Most of the locals always want stuff for themselves whether it is a stretch of beach or a desert Oasis. Have you gone to the beach in malibu lately? Seems the stars have hired a security guard to try and kick you off of the pacific ocean. Locals only.
I know base is especially sensitive to locals wishes and desires of not getting sites burned. And anyone wishing to indulge in base needs to operate as a guest or as a phantom that was never there.
Please stop picking on dumb skydivers. If somebody goes base jumping they are now a base jumper regardless if they've done their homework or sought the proper channels of instruction and etiquette. Skydivers jump from aircraft, basers from fixed objects. Well unless you can convince someone you are still a wuffo because you just grabbed a rig and jumped from a plane without ever getting training.
Keep them videos rolling even if you have to pixel some faces and road signs, Hey you can even dub in the opening sound track from "cops". Bad boyz bad boyz what you gonna doo.

they inflate enough to give you the "tankles" look, but more importantly, how do they fly? like nothing else around. i've loaned mine out to about six staffers at elsinore and each walked off the landing area with that same ear-to-ear grin that wingsuiters have. even the poo poo-ers were smiling! get hold of a pair, or better yet, order your own pair.
Rob Tonnesen

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" -Anais Nin

I tried a pair once and went back to tracking in my RW-suit with booties. I'm sure my technique plays a part, but for now I'm sticking to the technique I know; there's plenty to improve my flying me instead of a pair of pants I wouldn't wear on normal RW dives.

Birdmanning is looming in my near future however :ph34r:
Johan.
I am. I think.