joboulay

120 kmh, 3 meters from ground!

I think the problem with skiers would be that they don't have a parachute :)
The cliff just ends at one point, having the skiers brake in time would present problems, me thinks..

But DAMN if he doesn't have the biggest set of steel balls I've ever seen!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

If I had the funding and the terrain researched, I'd like to try something similar. Maybe not as close at first. I think any one of us can pick a slope on a cloud and outtrack without punching it. I like getting down to about twenty feet above a cloud and staying there all the way down. Though there's no margin for error on the ground.

Answering other questions... I'm totally uneducated guessing his forward speed is probably like 70 MPHish. Fall rate... maybe 50ish.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

damn...i don't know what else to say.

I know what else to say... I'd like to see Loïc fly the S3. He is obviously VERY used to the Crossbow (I think that is actually his own rendition of the CB), but it'd be nice to see what he could do if he spent some time on the S3 and got it dialed in. I bet he'd be getting a significantly better glide ratio and forward speed, and could do even ballsier stüf.
"¯"`-._.-¯) ManBird (¯-._.-´"¯"

Click

and could do even ballsier stüf.

Is there ballsier stuff?
That is just absolutely incredible... wow...

Backflying three inches off the ground. Let's see him do that!

I'm currently working on that, I'll get back to you when I get it down lower or I find a higher mountain;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The one were I work is unobtainable, but the other, in a factory near is doable, but they doing some reconstruction to inner wall of it, and workers are there 0-24, they work 3 shifts on it.
I'll let you know when they finish.

I.P.

Igor, earlier you said thet you didn't read the article because it was in French. Here's a rough translation of the good bits:

"Crazydude" was working on a film for Salomon ski company and the 2 skiiers you see in the video were originally to ski down the mountain with the birdman. Unsuitable snow conditions made that part impossible.

The wing jump was made from a helo at about 1000 ft above the mountain peak. A dive for max speed, then level out - the angle of decent was similar to that of the ski hill until a flat(er) spot on the mountain forces the end the run. The angle of flight is similar to that of a ski jumper!

All along the mountain skim there was an 'out' to the left where the ground clearance was much greater and at the end of the video he turns and deploys over the glacier with lots of clearance.

Apparently there is some kind of 'ground effect' at about 10 feet but my technical French is not good enough to catch the drift of the meaning in one read.

Either way one hell of a jump, er, flight. Wonder when the first survivable landing will be???

Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)